Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Magos Diturian's warband, updated.

Started by Aidan, August 04, 2009, 11:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan

Tempting as it is, I don't quite feel like posting a massive article with every model I've done to date, as some have in the wake of last month's cataclysmic event, but for now I'll put up, in somewhat more digestible amounts, images of my warbands as they stand now. Most of these models have been seen before on the conclave, and were met with general approval.

To begin with, my favourite, that of my arch-villain Archmagos Diturian (the title is purely symbolic; he's pretty much an outlaw), the C'Tan serving tech-worshipper.

To begin with, Kadev Diturian himself, in all his... glory? Armed with an array of choppy-crushy-pokey things and a gauss flayer.

Then, his legion of gribblys. For these, I pretty much just went crazy on bits and greenstuff and a disturbed imagination.

- - - - -

NUMERAL 3 THETA, Diturian's oldest serving creation - and clearly falling apart:

He's been nicknamed 'lumpy' by one of my gaming group.

UNIT 601 'Arabel', who began as a protagonist in my early IQ28 days (and acolyte of one of my inquisitors) and ended up on the bad side of Diturian. This is one of my favourites, still, 'cause it's just... so... twisted:

She's been nicknamed 'legs' by one of my gaming group.

UNIT 4431, Diturian's attempt at replicating the eclessiarchy's arco-flagellants, with remarkable success.

And this one's been nicknamed 'Mr. Whippy' by my gaming group. The mind boggles.

- - - - -

Allright, they've all been seen before. But then there's the new Hermann 4687, the Skitaarius sergeant, Diturian's sole surviving (almost)fully human servant - and for all intents and purposes, his right-hand man. He's been seen before, carrying a heavy stubber, but I have since completely overhauled the model.

- - - - -

And the big toy. Diturian's most recent monstrosity, as yet unnamed. Right now I just refer to him as scorpie, but it won't stick.

And for scale comparison:

That's all for now. My other antagonist, Inquisitor Hezerus, will be up next.

Dust King

Nice job, as I've fought the other already I'm looking forward to the latest gribbly to come out of Diturian's (and your) twister mind. :D

Kaled

Very nice models - there are some very imaginative conversions there, but I think the Skitarius is my favourite closely followed by Arabel.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

Wow, I love the scorpion conversion - is it a Tomb Spyder or a Destroyer that it's based on?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

A Destroyer by the looks of things.  It is a nice conversion though - I've got two of those Destroyer platforms that I need to find a use for.  I saw a conversion somewhere were someone turned it around and used it as a gun platform type thing - I might try that...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Aidan

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, it's a destroyer's body, with legs inserted where the 'vents' usually are. The torso is from the arco-flagellant and the cables are sculpted. The rest is up to you to place. All in all, it was less difficult or coplicate than I'd feared, in fact, the longest time went into designing the model - looking at all the different bits I had availaible and wondering how to stick it together.

It was actually pretty late in the development that it actually got legs. I'd just finished working on 'Inquisitor' Schadren (another of Diturian's flunkies, haven't got a photo of him), and I had crafted a hinged arm for him. I decided that the scorpion-thingie looked a little top-heavy (indeed it was ridiculously hard to balance on a flying base) and the decided to adapt the hinges for legs. They give him a lot more stature, which is good. Unlike Schardren's arm, I haven't actually made them bendable.

-Aidan.

kierkegaard

I like the scorpion guy, but Arabel is just fantastic.

Aidan

Quote from: kierkegaard on August 07, 2009, 11:40:58 PM
I like the scorpion guy, but Arabel is just fantastic.

Not as good as some of your models, but thanks. She was pretty much my first foray beyond the line of standard Inquisitor miniatures (I had the misfortune to only start collecting after they had cut back the range). She is one of those that was planned out a lot before being assembled, which might have contributed to it's success.

Hadriel Caine

great use of necron parts. they look sweet for INQ. not convinced by the scorpion guy to be honest. The concept is solid but I can't get the destroyer out of my head, the carriage is just too iconic IMO. I like the dark palette and bronze used as well, very gothic.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Aidan

Quote from: Adam Cunis on August 08, 2009, 11:33:49 AM
great use of necron parts. they look sweet for INQ. not convinced by the scorpion guy to be honest. The concept is solid but I can't get the destroyer out of my head, the carriage is just too iconic IMO. I like the dark palette and bronze used as well, very gothic.

Aheh - but it is a destroyer carriage (at least, a little one). Diturian salvaged the darn thing (he has long ago got over the phase-out issue, probably with the approval of his masters); he couldn't reactivate the anti-gravity, but he has re-fitted it with legs instead, as well armaments of his own devising. The gauss weapon is his first attempt at tinkering with that particular technological mystery. The whole point of Diturian is that he is a techno-heretic and is in service of the C'Tan, for what he thinks are his own interests. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

My necrons -both inquisitor and 40,000 - have always been bronze. I like the bronze-green contrast alot, see.

-Aidan.

Inq Leonite

The scorpion guy  needs a name? What about Scorpius?

As for model wise, I think that all of these models look awesome, especially Mr. Whippy.

Ynek

"Scorpie" is a rather interesting and characterful conversion, and I really like the new flamer on Hermann, but I've got to say that my favourite so far is Arabel. She just fits in so well with the whole "grim darkness" of the 40kverse, and it's probably the most visually impressive model that you've produced thus far.

"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

catferret

I'm liking the Skitarii sgt with flamer.  Ork dred weapons certainly lend themselves well to Inquisitor use.  I used an eavy shoota on a Sgt Stone conversion many years ago now.

Aidan

Thanks guys

Quote from: Inq Leonite on August 09, 2009, 09:35:54 AM
The scorpion guy  needs a name? What about Scorpius?

Unfortunately, Scorpius is a character from one of my favourite sci-fi shows. This guy:

not to be mistaken for his illusory twin, Harvey:

So thanks for the thought, but I'm afraid Scorpius conjures up entirely the wrong idea...

Heroka Vendile

Harvey has to be my favourite character from Farscape  ;D

As I'm sure I said on the previous 'clave, that's a nice innovative warband.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy