Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Blunderbuss Rules Help

Started by Kasthan, February 18, 2010, 08:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasthan

Whilst I have been trying my hand at sculpting a mutant (pictures to come), I have given him a large blunderbuss type weapon + chain blade attachment.

But then hit a dilemma, there are no blunderbuss rules (I've looked through the rule book and Marco's armoury).

My thoughts are some thing like:
Blunderbuss; Type: Rifle, Range: A, Mode: Semi (D3+1), Acc: -10%, Damage: 4D3 Reload: 2 Enc: 40     
Special Rules: Firing is a risky action if failed: D6: 1-3; fails to fire, 4-5; weapon jam (takes D3 actions to clear), 6; explodes in hands, weapon barrel is destroyed counts as frag grenade going off in hands. 

Other options are:
From Marco's Armoury:
Scatter shot shotgun shells
Spray Shot shotgun shells
Hazardous Action

Any ideas/comments?

DapperAnarchist

Have you looked at the Witch Hunter rules? They're stickied under the Witch Hunter Forums...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

Well, as far as the Revised Armoury, the blackpowder stuff is something that I'm working on, but it's been put aside somewhat for other work on the project.

At the moment, my suggestion would be using the rules for spray shot, combined with quite a heavy and slow to reload weapon. Muzzle loading is not a quick and easy process.

As far as risky actions... a frag grenade explosion is not a pretty thing to happen. I did use it a few times in earlier versions of the Revised Armoury, but have since heavily toned it back. You can go that way, but I would advise something a little less violent.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles