Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Salamanders

Started by greenstuff_gav, February 14, 2010, 09:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, no pictures this time, but a request; anyone got a large image of how a Space Marine Shoulderpad fits?
working on the pointing army and can't find a reference on what layers i need to add :(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kasthan

Sorry no pic, but very very nice work. The legs are great.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

so, a quick pin-together (all held together by Hope!), we've got a general gist of the pose :D

so, i dropped the Avatar sword; just didn't like the look of it :(
and found out Artemis' was too small for the flamer add on (Redemptionists; incinerator?) so i added the tip from a spare sword and have coated it in greenstuff; once it's dry i'll start reforging and smoothing the gap out :)

slight work to the Salamanders shoulderpad too; when my moulding compound gets here i'll see how it comes out (need to hollow the pad out afterwards to fit it to the arm)

a quick closeup of the elbow pad; i sculpted pseudo-text on there :D

on the base, i've sculpted a sandbag with a split; almost as if he's stepped on it to pose and it's split, throwing him off centre :)

gonna be adding either a Salamanders Icon or something else to the belt buckle; definitely not a skull tho!

so, till next time! :D

Build Your Imagination

Alyster Wick

I'm in awe sir, that looks fantastic. 

Can't wait to see it finished.  Any chance of a shot with the head?

Daxam

This, sir, looks suitably Badass for the Salamanders chapter! I salute thee!

Okay seriously, it looks freaking awesome. The green work is good and clean, and the stance is really cool. I look forward to seeing the end result.
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

precinctomega

Fab work, Gav.  But... is that sword grip a smidgen weedy?

R.

Adlan

Quote from: precinctomega on March 17, 2010, 03:26:49 PM
Fab work, Gav.  But... is that sword grip a smidgen weedy?

R.

I assumed it was going to be built up.

Robert_the_damned

looking good Gav. I like how much bulkier his legs look (my main complaint with the original model).

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Alyster Wick on March 16, 2010, 02:26:02 AM
Any chance of a shot with the head?

now i've got the head on there, i think the neck is angled wrong and gonna have to come off and be rebuilt completely :(

also the handle is the right shape for how i want it.. just the GSing is a bit sloppy and needs to come off i think :P

all in all, starting to lose steam with it; definitely a poor update :(

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

so, after an afternoon of heartbreak, frustration and having enough pink goop on my desk that i was ready to call the Ghost Busters, i ended up with;

now i can drill it out to sit on his shoulder properly  ;D

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

gwrulz

Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Kaled

Quote from: gwrulz on July 13, 2010, 07:33:32 PM
Any updates?
Just to let you know - as a general rule, it's considered poor form on most forums to resurrect old threads unless you have something meaningful/substantial to add - i.e. something considerably more than 'nice model' or 'any updates?'.  You can always PM people if you just want to compliment them or ask a question - I can't see anyone objecting to that.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat