Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Salamanders

Started by greenstuff_gav, February 14, 2010, 09:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAZKUL

when i did my 40k salamandars i simply gave them the dark brown skin that we think of as black simply because it kinda looked like you couldn't be bothered painting the flesh with the pitch black skin
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

DapperAnarchist

My take on it, which I intend to make into a model at some point, is that "Black-skinned" means that all Salamanders have a mutation of the skin, triggered by the Melanochrome, that makes them appear to have been burned black all over. Not just black skin of a "normal" shape, but burnt to the bone, with no nose, shriveled ears, lips burnt away, scarred all over.

His nose and lip seem odd... but other than that, rocking!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Vermis

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on November 27, 2010, 03:52:38 PM
Salamanders were always described as Dark-Skinned ...
And depicted in one bit of Adrian Smith art that GW didn't have many problems publishing.  Though google images isn't throwing it up. (Then there's the pic of Tu'Shan, which is more ambiguous)

Nice work overall, Gav.  Great sharp putty work and good painting.  I think the problem with the nose is that it needed a little widening and perhaps flattening at the tip, but not the extra length and depth.  And the lip, more lip-shaped...  :-\

Tu'Shan Shan, hush hush, eye to eye...
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

gwrulz

I see nothing wrong with this mini - except - he needs a Fro!  Gotta "represent!"

Honestly, he also would look better in my collection too  ;D
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

greenstuff_gav

so, threadomancy, but look what i got! :D

not happy with the casting quality; looks like i got bubbles in my mould :(
still, its a good enough base if people wanna work with it ;)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination