Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

What's this gun?

Started by Ferran, February 21, 2010, 04:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferran

I've always imagined it as some sort of las weapon but I'm not sure and I can't find the Daemonhuntress character sheet atm.

Alyster Wick

Guns like that seem to defy classification as (IMO) they're compacted versions of other guns.  Is that a clip on the gun?  I can't tell from this angle.  I'd say just make it something that fits with the character it's accompanying, the gun could easily pass for most basic profile las or bullet-firing weapon that has been compacted to fit on a flying skull.

Ferran

Nah there's no real magazine to speak of.

MarcoSkoll

It's treated as an autopistol - in whichever Exterminatus issue it was.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Indeed it is.  But you could call it almost anything, from a revolver to a lasgun.  Just don't mistake it for an assault cannon!

R.

Ferran

ok I'm going to make it a low-power / High-RoF lasgun.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: precinctomega on February 21, 2010, 07:33:58 PM
Just don't mistake it for an assault cannon!

unless using the model in Inq28....  ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

what about a multi-barrel laspistol? Jokero Multilaser :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

Design wise it's some kind of autopistol, but being attached to a skull I'd assume it to be a laser weapon of some kind - solid shot surely raises logistical issues.  I would probably call it a laspistol with full auto (4) or something.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Ferran

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on February 21, 2010, 10:25:27 PM
what about a multi-barrel laspistol? Jokero Multilaser :D

Hmm yes the character is Hereticus with radical leanings (mainly in the use of alien companions) so a Jokero weapon isn't out of the question. Not sure a skull mounted Multilaser is very civil though :)

laspistol with full auto (4) sounds about right.