Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

WW 'Imperial City' Table

Started by Molotov, February 21, 2010, 11:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

Marco mentioned a desire for photographs of Warhammer World's "Imperial City" table, which my circle used today for our INQ28 campaign. It would make an excellent table for INQ54, and I know I've seen some shots of it before in the "In the Field" sub-forum. I figured as this sub-forum has had scenery put up before that I ought to put this here for people to ogle. Perhaps it might be useful inspiration:

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

RobSkib

It still shocks me at how big and awesome that table is - those are Inquisitor models in the centre, right? I'd love to be able to play on it one day.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Alyster Wick

This makes me want to hop on a plane.  Consider those pictures ogled. 

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on February 21, 2010, 11:56:16 PMThose are Inquisitor models in the centre, right?
This is Molotov we're talking about, so they're Inq28 models.

But it would still be a pretty impressive size for 54mm models.

QuoteI'd love to be able to play on it one day.
As would I. I'll have to hope we both get it for the Spring Conclave and that I manage a good enough performance to make it there (as I get the idea that it would be the "Climax" scenario.)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I've asked if we can have that table for the Spring Conclave - there's a chance they'll be using it for something else, so we'll have to wait and see.  I plan to run the final scenario on there if I can, but there's no reason we can't play some of the early games on there as well.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

i played in Kasthan's "Rooftop Chase" scenario at the Spring Conclave 09.. was great fun and slightly surreal to not actually use the board :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lucaren

what size is the that table as i would love to play on that for a campaign in the summer, awesome board, thanks for sharing

Matt

precinctomega

It's 6'x8' IIRC.  It actually turned out to be a bit of a pig for playing on at the Spring Conclave, as establishing lines of sight with all those fixed buildings was nearly impossible.

R.

Lucaren

really by the look of it i thought that the long streets and high areas could be useful for creating over watch corridors and gd lines of enclosed fire

Matt

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Simeon Blackstar

Wow.

Is it bad that my first thought was "That would cost so much to make", even before "I'd love to play on that with my Guard"?  Really nice integration of the landing pad into the building there!

Gestalt

That is very cool and also very grey. ;D
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Lucaren

i see what u mean the marine stood gunning down one of those would be unstopable (or if he was charging no where ti hide for the win)

RobSkib

Quote from: Lucaren on June 09, 2010, 09:27:48 PM
i see what u mean the marine stood gunning down one of those would be unstopable (or if he was charging no where ti hide for the win)

Or as the case was, charging up the sides of buildings and using people as projectiles...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

While I think that table is probably the most impressive looking one at WHW, it's not the best to play on. I much prefer their Necromunda terrain (especially with all the walkways). The cathedral table that we used at the IGT was pretty good, and we played a fun game on half of the fortress table one time, but in general I prefer tables with terrain that can be moved and rearranged. The Imperial city is just too big and it's all too easy for characters to get separated. When we used it last year, we were forced to split the game in two part way through because Gav's and my characters got seperated from the rest. We made it work, but it wasn't exactly the best game ever...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat