Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kroot Mercenary WIP

Started by Zirone, February 23, 2010, 12:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zirone

Hello all,

Just thought i'd share my latest INQ model after a long break from the hobby.

I haven't done any stats or fluff for him (God knows how i'm going to explain why a kroot mercenary has a prototype weapon)

Here's the kroot, sorry about the bad quality of the pictures, I donly have my mobile to take pictures with:

RobSkib

I have a soft spot for kroot, and I think this is the first one I've seen carrying a believable weapon! I can't wait to see it painted - what rules are you going to use for the gun?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Alyster Wick

That gun looks freakin' beastly.  If it runs out of ammo he can always use it as a club.  Seriously, it looks sturdier than most actual ccws.

Kaled

That gun does look excellent - what sort of a weapon is it supposed to be?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Zirone

Thanks for the kind responses; I have no idea what the weapon's rules are going to be, as it's based off the Tau commander's Cyclic Ion Blaster I was thinking of something Ion based with a high RoF but I'm not sure, any help would be appreciated with making rules for it. :)

DapperAnarchist

Options for how a Kroot has a super fancy gun -
1) He straight up stole it. Darn theivin' Kroot, always after my lucky charms...

2) He ate something that has INCREDIBLE biological/technological ability - like a Jokaero? He's now on the run from the Ordo Xenos, perhaps the Tau "Silent Hunters" as well, perhaps even rival Shaper Clans, all of whom want to take what he has, or at least stop others taking it.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

RobSkib

There's no reason it couldn't be a Tau version of the Graviton gun - I havn't seen anyone use one before, and that sort of weapon would be perfect for something that hunts its prey!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

kierkegaard

Looks good. Nice to see a Kroot with something other than the standard weapon.

Where is the backpack piece from?

Zirone

Thanks, the backpack is made from the back part of the Tau Airbursting Fragmentation Launcher, butchered it a while ago and didn't have a use for it until now.

I like the idea of the graviton gun, although after watching District 9 yesterday i was thinking of making rules for the "gravity gun esque" weapon used by Wikus in the Nigerian compound. Again, any suggestions for rules would be appreciated.

Also, due to D9 i think i know what my colour scheme is gonna be aswell. :)

Radu Lykan

i like the "lightning gun" from D9, exploding bodies are cool. your model definitley has an interesting gun and it should have interesting effects.

Swarbie

Yes, I think District 9 will always be a good place to draw ideas for prototype/scavenged Tau tech from. However, when I first saw that kroot, I immediately thought of the Jaffa staff-weapons from Stargate SG-1.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Tullio

That's a nice gun. Maybe it's not a Tau weapon? The Tau might not give the Kroot a weapon like that, but the Kroot are mercenaries after all. Maybe he got it from another employer?

Tullio