Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Potential for a warband?

Started by Inq Leonite, February 24, 2010, 03:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inq Leonite

Hey all. I've taken a long break from Warhammer in general, but I'm thinking of starting an Inquisitor warband. I've had two ideas so far for potential warbands and I was going to check what you guys think of the ideas before I do anything.

The first warband idea is focused around a radical (some say boderline heritical, but not enough proof has been found) who is a Horusian (Ordo Mallius). The warband features a Daemonette Daemonhost, who's body has mutated to the point where it looks like a daemonette, but is till bound by chains and other such binding gear. The rest of the warband are either hired muscle or loyal bodyguards.

The second idea has another radical (even if he doesn't think of himself as one) who is a Thorian of the Ordo Xenos, who's warband features a kroot merc, a hardened IG vet who has had experience battleing threats such as the Eldar, and a pro xenos techpriest.

In either case the Inquisitor himself would be a scholarly Inquistor, focusing more on research than battle, who will be attended to by a Cherubim, his only weapons being a las pistol and a power sword.

All this will be on the INQ28 scale, but I will attempt to make the characters to Conclave standerd.

RobSkib

Quote from: Inq Leonite on February 24, 2010, 03:03:08 AM
The second idea has another radical (even if he doesn't think of himself as one) who is a Thorian of the Ordo Xenos, who's warband features a kroot merc, a hardened IG vet who has had experience battleing threats such as the Eldar, and a pro xenos techpriest.

Incredibly, that is almost exactly my own warband! Both ideas are pretty good (although I am biased towards the latter :P) and I look forward to seeing where you take them.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Inq Leonite

Really? Huh, strange world. The second warband really only had the Inq and the Kroot planned before I posted.

Inquisitor Cade

Well the guardsman is a popular character to add to any concept, so it's not too strange that radical inquisitor + kroot warbands feature them.

In my opinion too many inquisitors have a kroot lacky, so I'd support the former idea.

That said, I think the pro xenos tech preist has a lot of potential. His relationship with the inquisitor could be really interesting. I'd like to see a warband focused around them, with a kroot (if you must) or maybe another alien and/or a guardsman and/or a hired gun and/or and servitor as secondary characters.

I'd not limit him to a powersword and laspistol, if giving him a powersword can be called limiting. For example in the former case a daemon weapon would be more interesting and less powerful than a power weapon, and in the latter needle weapons are fairly typical ordos Xenos fare, and he could have an interesting alien poison or weapon.

Keep us posted on your decisions/thoughts.
*Insert token witticism*

Inq Leonite

I was actually looking to avoid giving the inquisitor himself a daemonic weapon, but maybe a low level daemonic weapon could be used.

As for warbands, I think I'll choose the former... If I can find my 3rd edition Daemonette. I may use it anyway and just make the 'net plastic, but the metal one takes priority.

Oh, and I decided on the exact attitude of the Inq, considering chaos: he realises that using it as a fast track is just leading to damnation, so he is observing the long term effects as well, so that a Divine Avatar has the least chance of being corrupted. He also keeps regular vid logs, to ensure that niether the daemonhost nor the daemon weapon are changing him.

Inquisitor Cade

Cool.

I'd alter the daemonette a bit, if only in the paint sceme to make her look like she was once a human.
*Insert token witticism*