Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Incoming: Deathwatch

Started by N01H3r3, February 27, 2010, 08:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N01H3r3

For anyone who doesn't frequent the FFG boards, this has just been announced:

Deathwatch
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Van Helser

Once again should be a wealth of background-y goodness, but I'm still not sure how the roleplaying side of things will play out when one's PC is an eight foot tall killing machine.  The Deathwatch does tend to take on  a lot of "free-thinkers", so the PCs won't be quite as one-dimensional as your average Marine, but I still can't see them interacting with anyone other than other Marines and the Inquisitor in charge of the gig.

Molotov

Well, I'll definitely be picking it up when it comes out. I've not played a single game of Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader, but the books are very interesting and useful resources.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on February 27, 2010, 09:44:23 AM... but I'm still not sure how the roleplaying side of things will play out when one's PC is an eight foot tall killing machine.
At least it'll get rid of "I chat up the barmaid". ;)

... or at least should. If I know some roleplayers, they'd try it anyway. ::)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

I can just imagine it - Ok, so she must hero-worship Marines, so why wouldn't she accept my sexual advances?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

Cos one of them's a space wolf, duh... Or to "get their end"...

Necris

I can see it now

Player X - I'm going to try and chat up the barmaid
GM - You're a space marine
Player X - I know, she'll either run away in terror or fall he her knees and worship the god of war that I am.
GM - And if she refuses your advances?
Player X - I'll tear her head off with my bear hands and move onto the next one.

or of course.

Player Y - I'm going to try and chat up the barmaid
GM - ok role for it.....You failed
Player Y - This place is obviously corrupt it must be cleansed, where is my bolter? Purge the Heretics!
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

DapperAnarchist

Player A - I attempt to chat up the barmaid.
GM - Ok, roll for it... You suceed. Player B?
Player B - I recognise Player A's behaviour as being heretical and see that he has being tainted by the Ruinous Power of Lust and Excess. I execute him in the Emperor's name.
GM - Ok, Player A, you're out of the game, and the bar is now on fire. Oh, and the barmaid has no head anymore.

Tyrius

I don't know... the size problems would be less restrictive if it was an OGRYN barmaid...

Shard

Please move swiftly on (for my sanity)?

So, how about that issue of roleplaying a marine, some people I know seem to think this will be the most boring of the additions to the Dark Heresy system due to the marines being nothing but 'glorified killbots'.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Shard on March 05, 2010, 05:10:38 PMPlease move swiftly on (for my sanity)?
Sanity is for the weak! ;D

GW's =I= articles

Vladimir

If done properly, this will be awesome. Good old fasioned violence and intrigue. If done properly.
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i