Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephon

I have an idea of who's going to interrupt, and a plan for another small crisis, involving the gizmo from earlier.

Edit: will add more exciting stuff shortly (ish)

MarcoSkoll

Just for the record (I'm not complaining, more surprised), I hadn't planned that Maya would deal with more than a handful or so of the "few dozen" cultists that there were described as being. But I suppose we have just had a quite lengthy action section, so I suppose there's been a plenty of chance for the other characters to introduce boots to posteriors.

In short, sorry Fabio, it looks like you didn't get to earn back any good graces with Silv* by killing cultists.
*That's freaking hard to get right. I'm so used to typing "Silva", that I keep putting the A on the end by mistake.

So, now for something completely different. And by completely different, I mean "bickering between each other instead of fighting daemons".

~~~~~

Actually, while I'm here, I've got some wisdom to share. If you put down headphones with neodymium magnets in them down on a desk which has bits of DIY projects on it make sure that no screws have attached themselves to the earbuds BEFORE you try and put them back in.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Zephon

Apparently, Inquisitor Fye didn't screen out all the cultists, though some probably would have been in place before. He's probably dead by now anyway.  I realised that Wyebold hasn't got people near enough to Gerhan to narrate an interruption, but my post probably gives a decent idea of the kind of person about to come through the door.

Necris

Gerhan is out

if any one hears Silv's vox transmission thats up to people.

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Swarbie

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on August 17, 2010, 02:50:41 AM
So, now for something completely different. And by completely different, I mean "bickering between each other instead of fighting daemons".

Accidental Python reference or intentional?

Anyway, the bickering can be quite easily focused on Fabio and the crystal: if I've got the measure of the Inquisition, there will probably be a few objections to what he wants to do with it.

As for what the crystal is for, that can probably wait until the momentary crisis is over. If someone wants to kick things off, that's fine by me. I'll PM you the crystal's purpose etc, and let you start, then have Fabio explain in full-depth.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Some more killing. While the rulebook says pyromancy only has so many uses, my addendum is that it is very good at those things.
(Of course, Maya can both summon AND control fire, which is most of the reason I use the word pyrokinetic for her, rather than pyromancer.)

Quote from: Swarbie on August 17, 2010, 11:17:05 AMAccidental Python reference or intentional?
Oh, come on. If it's me, and it's a reference to Pink Floyd, Monty Python or Douglas Adams, it is almost certainly intentional.

Quote from: Swarbie on August 17, 2010, 11:17:05 AMAs for what the crystal is for, that can probably wait until the momentary crisis is over. If someone wants to kick things off, that's fine by me.
Well, as Maya is the only person who's really seen it (Jeremiah was unconscious, the medics were dealing with him, and Silv probably wasn't paying attention), I guess she's the most likely candidate to start up that conversation.

GW's =I= articles

Zephon

Oops, fight's not over just quite yet. I'll just edit out the bit in my post that said it was.

Edit: mopping up is what it must seem like to a guy in a Leman Russ, anyway.

MarcoSkoll

Yeah, as you can probably tell from my earlier OOC post, I had thought it was pretty much over as well - but Swarbie decided it wasn't, so I went along with it.
I suppose the assumption to make is that Silv decided that Maya's involvement meant the result was a foregone conclusion.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Postage. Lyra returns to the bunker to find the renegade guardsmen. Long post is long.

I've also deliberately referenced what I said earlier in the OOC about me constantly mistyping Silv's name. As Lyra knows Silva (and pretty well), it seemed reasonable she'd make the same mistake.

I'm expecting Silv is going to be pretty cross at Lyra - possibly in part because while Lyra has lowered her pistol slightly, she's not about to lower it completely... after all, Silv could be part of this conspiracy and acting as bait. But probably mostly because no-one responded to her vox call.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Judging by the beacon recovery I take it Sergeant Manning's now either dead or a sleeper?

Swarbie

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on August 17, 2010, 03:40:20 PM

Quote from: Swarbie on August 17, 2010, 11:17:05 AMAs for what the crystal is for, that can probably wait until the momentary crisis is over. If someone wants to kick things off, that's fine by me.
Well, as Maya is the only person who's really seen it (Jeremiah was unconscious, the medics were dealing with him, and Silv probably wasn't paying attention), I guess she's the most likely candidate to start up that conversation.

Ok. I will PM you.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Necris

Either way I'll leave that to you Koval
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

PM received Swarbie.

Expect an instalment from me covering both Lyra and Maya's activities sometime after I have walked the dog.

EDIT: Instalment delayed, but still working on it as quickly as possible.

EDIT #2: Instalment finally posted.

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Full explanation provided.

Let the bickering begin.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Uh, first reaction: Ottakar will want to stay the hell out of any decision making re. the golem shard. He's never heard of them before and probably thinks it's more Malleus territory at this stage (fortunately Fabio's Malleus). Being alien to this part of the galaxy it's probably not his right to mess with other Inquisitors' provate affairs; to quote Voltaire, "now now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies"

Gideon will probably support Fabio's decision regardless of what Fabio actually decides to do, unless the group's present sources of T&A are vehemently opposed. He's like that.

Ultimately it's a rather odd predicament. Would smashing it be like saving Marcas' soul? Or has he spent so long in there that smashing it would smash him into conscious fragments that know they've been smashed, and can still feel it? Would it save him or damn him, destroy him, worse?

Also, if anyone wants to write in Manning anywhere, poor sod's probably dead by now.