Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dental Surgery=Productive Weekend

Started by Alyster Wick, February 15, 2010, 04:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

there used to be someone who came along to the clave meets who had an arco with 2 flamers which was terrifying

and another that had autoguns which was just chaotic. 
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Alyster Wick

Quotethere used to be someone who came along to the clave meets who had an arco with 2 flamers which was terrifying

I'm ashamed to admit that his flamer has never been used in-game as he's only been in one-off scenarios and the subject of tackling rules for the flamer has been rather sticky.  When I post rules in the rules section I fully expect some guidance from you now Necris  :P

Necris

Oh dear now you've gone and done it.....

Asking me rules questions......
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Alyster Wick

Good chance this'll be my only update of the weekend, I'm trying to do at least one substantive thing each week.

Here is the Grinning Man, Wick's mutant go-to-guy.  I realized that he looks to have no reloads for his shotgun (which clearly only has room for one round), so I'll probably say he has three or so pocketed but then beef up his strength and toughness.  The model is in many ways influencing his character, his stats should reflect a mutant with enhanced strength and toughness who focuses on physical strength during training (though I dunno how I like the image of this guy lifting weights, I assume there's something better in the year 40K, or maybe he just moves large rocks). 

Ferran

Nice work. I'm working on one like that myself at the moment using the conehead mutant with those arms and legs. I need a bare torso for him though, not exactly sure what I can use for it.

Brother_Brimstone

You could always use the Sgt Stone torso. Although I don't know whether or not that was the sort of thing you had in mind.

Ferran

Yes I thought of that. There was actually a cultist on the conclave ages ago that used the malicant legs and Devlan head, he had a bare torso. His robes were painted yellow. I looked at every image in my =][= file, 1179 pics, but it isn't there. Either I haven't saved it or it's somewhere else. I'm going to check the retrospectives.

Alyster Wick

QuoteNice work. I'm working on one like that myself at the moment using the conehead mutant with those arms and legs. I need a bare torso for him though, not exactly sure what I can use for it.

Not to hint at something super secret I'm working on (as if anyone on the conclave will get to see it in real life, considering I'm at least 1 timezone away from everyone), but if you're looking for an uber-badass chaotic bare chest you can use Bel'a Kor (or however it's spelled).  But I dunno how formidable you want this guy looking, cuz it's ripped (like Stallone in the 2nd Rambo ripped).

Ferran

I don't think I'd deprive Belakor of a torso for this model, and the arms being used are quite thin. Plenty of time to find something suitable though.

Myriad

Like the grinning man.  A real chaos mutant, with teeth and all.  Also, one of the few instances of random skulls that doesn't seem out of place to me.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

I love him! I might actually steal that idea for a model, the hood and the 'Nid head work so well! Ramp up the damage and spread for the shotgun in that case, you want those few rounds to count! I think this model is really missing a left sleeve though, a missed oppertunity!

I do think that he needs a melee weapon though, a big nasty chain weapon like the beastly Inquisitor-scale chain axe or an ork choppa, something he can stick through someone's skull when he runs out of shots!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Alyster Wick

QuoteI do think that he needs a melee weapon though, a big nasty chain weapon like the beastly Inquisitor-scale chain axe or an ork choppa, something he can stick through someone's skull when he runs out of shots!

But I love how simple and un-cluttered he is...

You're quite right though, he needs something.  Currently I'm picturing him shooting a couple rounds off while advancing and then just smashing opponents in the face with the butt of his shotgun.  Improvised weapon rules being what they are though that would be pretty ineffective even with a strength over 80 (he's stocky but even that is a stretch).  I will think on this though, I need to balance out character and practicality carefully with this one.

Look for more in a rules-related post (whenever I get around to one...).

Ferran

I rather like the single sleeve look. I suppose a CC weapon is down to personal preference. From an aesthetic point of view he's doing fine without. From a gaming point of view he's fine w/o too, but you could give him mutations and special rules and wotnot if you think it necessary. I agree the skull on that model is indeed awesome.