Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

kierkegaard's Retrospective

Started by kierkegaard, August 05, 2009, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

Everyone else is doing it, and I've had two requests, so here is my collection (again...)

Kaled

It's good to see these models again - it's a fantastic collection that includes some really imaginative conversions.  The servitors in your AdMech warband are a particular highlight.  I also love the re-posed 'stealer - that thing is very scary looking; and the power-armoured Inquisitor at the end is truly excellent.

Remind me again, what bits did you use to make the autopistol carried by the rogue psyker?  And what was the pistol carried by the explorator?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Gideon Sterne

I think you and Kaled have the best retrospectives at the minute. The standard of work here is insane, it's certainly inspired me to break out my Inquisitor models and start them up again.

Van Helser

The Wyrd Pyromaniac and the butt-naked Hybrid are two of my all-time favourite models.  Glad to see them getting some airtime here!

Saussure

While these aren't in chronological order, for those who can remember the order in which kierkegaard posted them on previous incarnations on the 'Clave woujld surely have to agree that one of the most impressive things about this collection is the increasing confidence evident in the conversions, and the attendant increases in kierkegaard's modelling skill and ability.

I still love the Chem-Dog, it's a wonderful model.

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

kierkegaard

Thanks guys, I'm glad that you (still) like them. 

Dave - the Explorator's autopistol is just a cut down Arbites shotgun, mounted on the Eversor assassin's right hand (with the magazine still attached.)

The Psyker's autopistol is a more complicated beast, consisting of parts from a plastic Necromunda Goliath autopistol and autogun, an autopistol from the 2nd edition 40K Space Marine close combat weapons sprue, a piece from the back of a current Space Marine boltgun, and the reciever and grip from the large shotgun that came with the Imperial Weapons sprue. It is built around the left hand from the Bosun/Bodyguard model

Van Helser - that hybrid isn't naked - he's wearing a loincloth.

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: kierkegaard on August 05, 2009, 07:28:39 PM
Everyone else is doing it, and I've had two requests, so here is my collection (again...)

You would have soon had a request from me too. Your collection IS my favourite Inquisitor collection. no exceptions. I like lots of models by other people but yours are very much your style and yet all individual. especially love the final inquisitor the psycher with kals torso and eisenhorns head and the guy based on the rogue trader art from the sketch book!

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Discy

Wow! A very inspiring collection. Must get round to posting my collection up...
Beep if you love muties!

Van Helser

Quote from: kierkegaard on August 05, 2009, 11:20:58 PM

Van Helser - that hybrid isn't naked - he's wearing a loincloth.

Semantics!

Forgot to add the Chem-Dog to my list of faves - the level of work that went into the rebreather is nothing short of legendary.  I'd suffice for a blob of greenstuff and some random pipes, but you've created something that looks like it would actually work!  Mucho kudos.

Simeon Blackstar

Great quality work here - like Saussure says, it really brings home just how much you improved over this time!

One question though - how many Kal Jericos did you buy?  :o

Dosdamt

What I love about kierkegaard's models is the consistency of the groups - they're tied together quite magnificently using bold colours, and as others have said, it is great to see the development of complexity between the painting and the converting. It is all so clean and crisp as well. Fantastic stuff.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

kierkegaard

Simeon Blackstar - I have five almost complete Kal Jerico models (just missing a couple of heads and arms.) Two of them are still in bits. I plan to assemble one as the man himself (if I can ever figure out a good green recipe to paint his coat,) and I plan to build the other as a masked, shotgun wielding guy similar to the illustrations on page 181 of the rule book.

LazarusKing

Genestealer Cult!

You win.  Terrific AdMech and Psyker, also.

Darios

hey you got some really cool models there... i really like the way the small conversions and simple style change the whole look of the models... small chance - big effect

catferret

I do love the psyker.  It's a great conversion.  The Savlar comes in a close second I think.

The alterations to the Reaper spacewench's autopistol really go a long way to 4ok-ing it up.  Great touch.