Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Wick's other WIPs

Started by Alyster Wick, March 13, 2010, 05:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Daemon Huntress (will be the main character in my first power-armored Inquisitor's warband, said Inquisitor only seldom taking the board).

Better shot of the hammer.  It has a =][= on it.

Here's a nurgle familiar:

And finally, got tired of my daemon prince model and am transforming him into a CSM w/ some kind of daemonic parasite:

Chaos spawn = my best Inquisitor purchase.

Daxam

Really liking the Daemon Huntress. I think the hammer looks just right. What colour scheme were you going to paint her?

As for the Nurgle Familiar, it looks cool and inventive. Can't wait to him finished.

Also looking forward to the the Chaos Marine.

Just out interest, you've under coated them white. Why?
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

Gestalt

A great collection of WIPs. The Daemon Prince/ CSM really caught my attention. Lovely stuff.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Dullmohawk

I'd like to join the chorus on saying that you daemon huntress is awesome! I really like the way she's swinging that hammer...that'll be sore in the morning! ;D

Oh and the wasp-thing is a great kitbash, I might just joink it!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

Kaled

If I remember correctly the daemon prince is a bit too slight to make a CSM - when I saw the model I immediately thought he'd make a great human in the late stages of infection by the Oblitrator virus.  The daemonhuntress is a very cool idea, but I don't think the cloth from Gruss sits all that naturally around her waist, and the handle for the hammer looks a bit flimsy compared to the head.  The plague fly is my favourite - very cool!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Alyster Wick

QuoteI think the hammer looks just right. What colour scheme were you going to paint her?

Thanks, she kind of assembled herself.  I was going to attempt a scratch built head but then remembered the eldar head I had sitting around.  It gives her a good look (at least I think).  Color scheme wise I was going to go with red and black (her master has distinctive red armor, err, will have distinctive red armor).  However I have a number of models right now sporting that color scheme, so I may have to diversify lest my models all look like on gigantic warband.

QuoteJust out interest, you've under coated them white. Why?

Well the white was done quite some time ago (I generally do black now) when my patience and skill was more lacking and I liked it because brighter colors tend to go on much smoother the first time.  I still maintain that a white undercoat with a coat of black ink is the perfect prep for any paintjob.

QuoteIf I remember correctly the daemon prince is a bit too slight to make a CSM - when I saw the model I immediately thought he'd make a great human in the late stages of infection by the Oblitrator virus.

Yeah, I was thinking that he might be too small.  However that actually works out well IMO since he'll fit into more games.  As much as I agree with you on the obliterator angle (looks wise) I am rather attached to his background.  I may just end up removing the shoulder pads and have him be a large gribbly power armored hulk. 

QuoteThe daemonhuntress is a very cool idea, but I don't think the cloth from Gruss sits all that naturally around her waist, and the handle for the hammer looks a bit flimsy compared to the head.

I have to agree with you on this.  While it fit perfectly parts-wise (the thing glued in place and hasn't budged in about 5 years), it's a little thick to look natural.  Repairing it will go on the to-do list for if I ever turn into a more competent modeler.  For now it'll do.

OPINION REQUEST:

I didn't want the CSM model (I'll call him that now since he's nameless) to be carrying a big daemon sword and so removed the one it came with.  I'm trying to figure out what to put in its place and am drawing a blank.  Currently I have a hand from the chaos mutations sprue but it just doesn't look grand enough.  I want something really unique and distinctive, any ideas?  I have a boatload of bits and am willing to try about anything.

Daxam

I would suggest for the CSM a large hammer of mace type weapon. Maybe an axe. Or if you wanted ranged weapons you could use a some kind of large boltgun.
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

Vladimir

old, exotic looking gun... needn't be more than a shotgun or bolt pistol, but make it look archaic, even by 40k standards.
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

Heroka Vendile

Great parts combo on the daemonhuntress, I don't really have an issue with the spindly nature of the haft.
Very nice daemon/familiar/alienfly.
I agree, the plastic Chaos Spawn kit remains right up there as one of my all-time favourite GW kits.
Nice work with the CSM, as Kaled says, the daemon prince is a bit small for an SM, so perhaps being some kind of human (before handing over his soul) chaos champion instead suits better.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

Thanks all for the positive comments!

Update for the night, two new models and a WIP on the gribbly chaos fellow.

Skitarus Assassin, very early stages.  She'll be my first model with a power weapon (yay!):

This next guy completely fell together randomly.  Individually I love all the bits and had been wondering what to do with them.  I randomly held the arms up to the torso and the rest just came together.  It's minorly inspired by the daemon prince I spied on some other forum from a very highly converted Abbadon themed army (blanking on his chapter right now). 

His interim name is the Keymaster (I have a few other bits for him that feature keys), but that seems too Ghostbusters.  The character will probably be some sort of daemon construct, not sure yet though.  A long term ambition of mine is to have a campaign set on a daemon planet (probably not featuring Imperial characters, as you'd have to have a pretty good explanation for them to be there).  Regardless, I feel as though daemons should have a good representation in Inquisitor beyond the stock variety and I am incredibly happy with how he's coming along so far.  That said, there is much sanding and GSing to be done.

Last but not least, I think I've got all the tentacles in place on the daemon-parasite.  Up in the air about his hand though (I have two versions of it).  I'm liking the hand from the mutations sprue far more than I expected.  That said, the gun tickled me in the right way (I'd obviously convert it some more to remove the Orky symbols). As much as I'd love to give him a big hammer, he's going to be beastly in CC enough already (I can't justify giving him S lower than 80 with his size, though I am working out rules for his left hand to avoid calling it a powerfist).

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/007-5.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/010-1.jpg

Alternate hand:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/012-1.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/013.jpg

Daxam

Loving the Skitarus Assassin. Will it be hooded or robed in some way?

As for the CSM, I really like the gatling gun weapon, but perhaps it could do with some kind of ammunition feed, like a belt or drum mag.

Kasthan

Could we see more picts of that daemon please, looks like a really nice mini.

I like the Gatling gun on the CSM but think it needs chaos-ify-ing (spikes etc) and a ammo belt would be cool.

Alyster Wick

QuoteLoving the Skitarus Assassin. Will it be hooded or robed in some way?

Probably not.  I'm going for a very streamlined look with organic bionics (though her backpack will have some bulk to it).  I want her to look lightening fast in comparison to the often bulky and cumbersome bionics of the typical mechanicus creations.

QuoteCould we see more picts of that daemon please, looks like a really nice mini.

As soon as he's assembled I'll post more.  Right now he's just in mock-up mode so I could get some feedback on him, I'll have to sand down the legs and get them properly attached first.  He'll be a relatively simple conversion though so this should be happening soon.

As for the gun, I have the perfect bit sitting around (the ammo belt from a 40K CSM heavy bolter).  Still, I have hesitations about giving him a gun as he'll be quite nasty.  I'm considering RPing him at the moment and it might be a bit much to give him a nasty pistol (though I suppose I could compensate by making him an awful shot, he isn't meant to be particularly powerful pre-parasite, with the exception of his leadership skills).

Vladimir

Loving the Skitarus assassin. Made a similar conversion myself once- there's something about those arms that just says 'put claws on my wrists' don't you think?
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

precinctomega

I like all of them, but I think the hammer is too long.  Her posture is such that holding a hammer of that size at that angle would be completely impossible.  If it were about an inch shorter, it would look much more natural (plus it would fit down narrow corridors much better!).

R.