Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Wick's other WIPs

Started by Alyster Wick, March 13, 2010, 05:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

Great mutant - the face reminds me of the old school warhammer jabberwocky model.

No expenses spared on the gun either, it looks most imposing.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Alyster Wick

Should really retitle this thread "Wick Never Keeps Focus Enough to get a Single Project Completed."

With that in mind, I give you two new minis (completely finished conversions with no primer, naturally) and the Grinning man with some slight tweaks. 

First up, I got my hands on Gav's last cast of this happy fellow.  I had no plans for him when he was ordered, but it came in the mail yesterday and the pieces just kind of fell together:

Left side
Back

After watching Pandorum yesterday I got the urge to make a knifey cannibal and threw this guy together while the GS was hardening on my big secret projects. 

Back

And here's the Grinning Man.  I added some ammo on his back (still need to add some GS so it doesn't look like they're somehow magnetized to his strap) and a large blade on the handle of his shotgun for close combat.  I'm thinking of counting it as an axe.  Basically when he's out of ammo he just hold the thing by the barrel and starts swinging.

Back

Brother_Brimstone

Nice work, I especially like the cannibal guy (I don't care if it was 90% Alien clone, I loved Pandorum). Are you going to have him as an alien or a mutant?

Alyster Wick

While I didn't love Pandorum, I did think it was a solid action/horror/space flick.  Purely a forgettable popcorn movie, but it did have great atmosphere and good imagery (plus Ghosts of Mars typed creatures).

Regardless, the mutant is definitely staying a mutant, no alien for him!  My short term goals are to put together three small warbands: the Clockwork Gang (which you've seen in the rules section), the Mutant Cannibal Outlanders (of which the knifey fellow is the first), and a troupe of roving, violent street performers (have not started on them yet).  Those three will give me a solid group to toss out onto the field as NPCs and they should be able to mix and match for good combinations should I ever need more thug squads.

Myriad

The techpriest just happened to pick up a gatling gun.  That's the attitude the admech needs  :).  Looks good though, just a touch of disinterested self assurance.

The knifey mutant is good too, you're amassing a good collection of those.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

kierkegaard

Quote from: Alyster Wick on May 09, 2010, 05:17:56 PM
Should really retitle this thread "Wick Never Keeps Focus Enough to get a Single Project Completed."

I wish that you would focus! There are some excellent looking models here, and I would very much like to see them finished.