Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

phil`s WIPs

Started by phil-o-mat, March 13, 2010, 09:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

This guy is officially my new favorite 54mm model.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

phil-o-mat

thanks everybody! those comments forced me to work harder ;)
so i finished the base and biggersized the cap!

the belt has to wait `till the rest has hardened!

bye, phil

Shannow

PEAK! Oh yes,,,,,oh yes,,,, looks fantastic and the base is very well done, something I'm very sketchy on. Are you going to go for the standard Commissar look or is there a particularly regimental vibe that you want to give?

Whatever the choice I heartily look forward to the painted PEAK! :P

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Backyardpatrol

He needs a big sash!

phil-o-mat

started with the belt. hope it will be finished that night!

c&c`s please!

phil

phil-o-mat

sorry for the double post, but it`s new content!

haven`t worked on my last projects for a while, exept that old-building renovation thing which eats all of my time and money.
but the inquisitor-bug bite me that night. so this happened...

i know that the shoulders are a little bit too wide, but think about the 80`s ;-)

DapperAnarchist

Your Blanche-fu is strong! Seven Lotus Massively Asymmetrical Mixture of the Sexual, the Antique and the Futuristic Strike!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

phil-o-mat

after months of working on my house, a month of doing nothing due to a broken wrist (stupid snowboarding), i finally found my way back too my desk and started something really important!

first, a character which is inspired by big boss.

and second, a conversion of tyrus.

i always thought that this guy is too small, so i made him a bit bigger. i think he is still a bit too small for being used as a space marine, but what do you think?

c&c`s are welcome as always!

edit: and i started to paint the commissar!

RobSkib

looks good! I think the main problem you have with your Tyrus conversion is that you've just spaced out his chest from his hips, which are now too low to the ground. To make him properly space marine sized, you're going to need to chop up his legs and add some spacers in there to make him the correct scale :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

Ooh!  Tiny little legs!

Kawai desuuuuu!  ;)

R.

phil-o-mat

good point about the legs. but first, i need a new saw.
i broke mine working on that project:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/phil-o-mat/my%20house/DSCI0033.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/phil-o-mat/my%20house/DSCI0032.jpg

i wanted it to be more "40k", but my wife was against the heavy bolter turrets...

RobSkib

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

I have a spare razor saw. Drop me a PM with your address.

R.

kierkegaard

Great work all around. I look forward to seeing them finished.

I particularly like the Judge with Von Castelaan's head - it looks excellent. What arms are you planning on using?

The Tyrus conversion definitely needs shims to extend the legs, but I also think that it could stand to have narrower shoulders (something that I wish I had done with my Tyrus conversion,) and possibly a bit removed from the waist extension as it seems a bit too tall now.

The Devout/Von Castellan/Demon Huntress conversion looks great. It is certainly original. I like the use of the Necron arm, but I would have drilled out a hole in the shoulder and pushed the ball on the end of the arm in to it, so that the upper arm is right up against the body. I think that it just sticks out a bit too much at the moment.