Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Severin Reed - Pit Slave Fighter WIP

Started by Brother_Brimstone, March 19, 2010, 10:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Much better, much more in proportion.

RobSkib

Indeed - the Killa Kan parts are much more accustomed to Inquisitor than the larger Deff Dredd bits. He's looking good, but I'll echo the comments about lowering the elbow - it'll just make it look a bit more natural.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Definitely improved. I might perhaps reposition the shoulders so his arms aren't all "square angles", then  greenstuff around the shoulders so they look more like the metal is fused into his flesh and integral.

After that, I think it'd all be nicely sorted.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

As above Re: arm position.
Also, a few small plates of plasticard across the shoulders, like Marine pauldrons but more blocky and crude looking, would make the join from arm to shoulder easier if you don't want to sculpt it all, for whatever reason.

Potentially fiddly idea:
With the set of the feet it would be pretty cool if you get him swiping forward with the circular saw - set the saw arm parallel to the ground as it is now, but have the join to the shoulder at a 30 or 45 degree angle forwards, rather than having the straight line from elbow to elbow as it is now. Poorly executed diagram as below:
._o_.   to     .o_.
!      !          /     !
                   \
With the drill arm lowered as has been previously suggested, and perhaps offset back a little to account for the swinging motion, it could make the model look nicely dynamic, whereas static arms would be a bit of a waste of the legs.

precinctomega

Much better.  I also recommend bulking up the torso and head with additional armour and bionics, especially on the front.  He looks like he used to be an industrial servitor, and he'd need front armour to protect his weak, fleshy bits from the hail of rock/metal that would fly out when using his arms.

R.

Brother_Brimstone

Hi, i know its been about a week between pictures, but I don't like taking pictures mid-painting, and tonight was the first night I had free from essays.

Thanks for everyone's comments - and as usual any further comments/criticisms are greatly appreciated. Also, as a side note, these pictures may look a bit odd in light contrast etc... I had to use a different camera to normal - the bluish light is the weird flash.

RobSkib

Excellent work! I see you've made good use of the 40k scenery brass etch - it's really ace for detailing bases! Shame the rest of that pack is so naff...

Nice job on him again, although I would like to have seen some more wires running from his backpack to his arms, into the back of his head, into his eye sockets, maybe a bionic eye? I just feel the middle of the model is a little too 'fleshy' when compared to the mechanical arms. Still, I quite like the forlorn look that he has on his face. Keep it up!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Alyster Wick

Looks awesome.  I like that you're not afraid to make major changes after putting bits on (I generally suffer from "but I already put it on there so I'm not going to change it" syndrome so it's refreshing to see someone who definitely doesn't.  He's exactly what I imagine when I think pit-fighter, great job.

Brother_Brimstone

Thanks for the kind words - on the subject of not being afraid to make changes, I agree that there are too few wires in place, so now there are six rather than two! The extra two into the two arms support the fact that it requires a lot of power/electronics, and although I felt a bionic eye was too advanced for severin, I thought of a nice way to model the psychon injector. The wires going into the temple and the base of the neck represent very crude psychon 'pumps' literally pumping the chemical directly into his brain.

Comments/criticism appreicated (obviously i've got to re-paint parts of him now).

I actually really like this - it has a very H.R. Geiger look to it, and he being one of my favourite artists, its something which I think adds to the model's character.

Flinty

Very nice - those extra cables make a huge difference, and as I also suffer form the same syndrome as Mr Wick in once its done...its done - have a two cookies.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Swarbie

Looking very nice. But I find myself stuck with an interesting question: How does he eat?
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Myriad

Whenever you rework this model it seems to improve.  Looking very dynamic now.  I nearly said natural, but that isn't quite the right word.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kasthan

I'd do a light black wash (balab black or black ink) over his weapons, this will make them look a little greasy and oily. A dark angels green or some darker green wash over the green slats on his back would add some depth.

Also if your going to do blood, really go for it. His weapons would spray all over the place, so some on his body would be quite cool. I have found stippling; red gore, then blood red with a gloss varnish coat works well and looks fresh.

Looking great overall.

Brother_Brimstone

Thanks for the kind words all. I'm hoping this is the final version, the only thing i'm unsure of is the amount of blood-spatter. Do you think it's a bit too much? As usual, comments/criticisms appreciated.

I'm really grateful for the ongoing support.

Heroka Vendile

it's certainly exuberant, but considering he is armed with two hulking great whirly-spinny instruments of death, probably appropriate.  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy