Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Penitant psycics

Started by jakob, March 20, 2010, 05:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakob

I have been think about the penitant psycer characters from the 40k witch hunter codex and was wondering wha would be the best way to represent such a character rule wise in Inquisitor. In the codex they seem more focused on protecting others from psycic attacks than actually using their powers offensively.

Any suggestions or ideas anyone on this?
Medic! MEDIC! . . We need some super-glue over here!

Gnaeus Conlitor

Allow them the ability to annul powers targeted within a certain distance of them say 6 yards or so. Alternativly use the Parahia rules and make it a straight penalty.
Inquisitor got me in to roleplaying which in turn kick started my writing career. I am eternally grateful.

Kaled

I'd go with the option of allowing him to nullify psychic powers that affect him or anyone within a set distance (Conlitor's suggestion of 6 yards seems reasonable).  The Pariah rules don't really seem appropriate when he can simply use a slight modification of the nullification rules.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

Again - to tantalize you with something you won't see in full for another year - INQ2 includes updated rules for Psykers that give all psykers the ability to detect and nullify psychic powers used in their vicinity.  This is implicit in the "Psyker" attribute and separate from the possession of additional psychic abilities.  So a penitent psyker would be adequately represented by simply using the Psyker attribute without any additional abilities.

To make a particularly subservient or brain-damaged penitent psyker, one could also give the psyker in question the "Familiar" attribute, which severely limits its ability to behave independently.

R.