Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Dark Angels

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 22, 2010, 03:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermis

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 05, 2010, 03:47:16 PM
opinions?

Not too many springing forth.  Sorry Gav.  I'm pretty confident whatever you do will look good. ;)

On the current shoulder pad: I think it'd be fine if you just tweaked a few little bits to be more symmetrical.  E.g. the last 'feather' on the right wing, and shifting the angle of the sword hilt a little to the right too.
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

Myriad

The shoulder pad looks pretty good, but I think you could improve on it.  The fallen shoulder pad looks better to me, the icon fills the space more neatly, and it's good to have a bit of text in there with marines. 
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Alyster Wick

I like the current shoulder pad as it stands.  I also love the idea of you continuing the mini-vingette trend, especially following it up with a Dark Angel, their background is so ripe for that sort of thing.

greenstuff_gav

well, while i agonise over my inability to do symmetrical stuff, here's a working theory on the helmet;

taking inspiration from one of the marine helmets with larger sideburns, i'm trying to stick the dark angels icon on there.
It's not going well (it's 4mm long!) so may quit and just whack a DA icon on the forehead  ;D

i must admit i'm warming up to the idea of another vignette, maybe a solo marine stood amongst a pile of marine bodies.
or the stereotypical Robed Winged Marine.
still not sure :lol:
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

so, i'm still struggling how to detail the helmet, but worked out the other shoulderpad :D
a sole Angel symbolising Brother Marius above several skulls (his fallen comrades) with the latin SUPERSTES (survivor)

added a book to his left for preaching from and going to have a sheath with the broken relic Blade in (its' wonky as it's only pinned while i detail up the scabbard :)

Build Your Imagination

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

gwrulz

If you want to you can send it to me  ;D it'd get a loving home!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

greenstuff_gav

more work to the helmet here.. am now stuck on detailing the sheath  ::)

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

Shaping up nicely.  I'm a little in awe of the detail work on the shoulderpads - still trying to get greenstuff smooth, myself  :).
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

greenstuff_gav

update!

smoothing GS is a case of keeping the tool moist (not wet!) and rubbing hte GS ito shape; then cut away the excess :D

hopefully can see the detail i'm aiming for on the Helmet Booster Pack; an Eagle on the forehead and the Wings on the rebreather :)
no detail on the Scabbard yet; not sure if i should sculpt something on (the DA icon fro the Sword Hilt.. there's literally nowt else!) or if i should free hand it.
plus what kinda detail on the other end? it's just a flat edge at the moment :(

Build Your Imagination

Dwi

Well done man! Might I also say that that guy could use a suitably DA like hood for his robe?
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

gwrulz

I really like the work!  We gotta swap some helmets!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

greenstuff_gav

crikey! it's been a while  :-[

so, some painting work has happened :D

i've gone for a pretty standard paintjob (still some detailing to do yet!) but with a bone coloured shoulderpad / helmet to represent Brother Marius' status as a Deathwing member :)
it's hard to see, but i've added a Y shape scar to his cheeks, a nod to the story Deathwing from the Space Hulk expansion :D
the )not shown) Dark Angel Pad and Helmet are resin casts 8)

the scabbard was left fairly plain in the end; a little litany to break up the flat area :)

his head / helmet is magnetised so it can be carried by His Serf :)
and a close up of the lil' guy;

apart from the hands and sculpting a handle in the pistol holster, i've added a Native Indian-style hair braid and part of the Dark Angels Icon on his chestplate; the theory is the serf failed to become a marine due to a streak of cowardice and so is accompanying Brother Marius as a serf :)

next up i'm going to add some freehand work and a subtle concrete-esk paintjob for the base while i decide if the serf needs any more work :)

Build Your Imagination

wargame_insomniac

Flinty

Well, up to the usual excellent standards, and the serf adds some really nice depth/character to the group - impressive!
Neanderthal and Proud!