Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hans Vaanasaan

Started by Radu Lykan, April 06, 2010, 02:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ismeno

Paint, paint, paint!! nice conversions. 8)

judge-minos

WOW, great conversion can't wait to see it painted.

Two questions:
are the arms from the new plastic Minotaurs ????
Where is the head from ???

I bought few heads from other companies mostly 1/32 or 1/35  but they never fit my models very well except some female heads but mostly on the skinny models like jena orechiel and the repentia

Radu Lykan

the arms are from the warhammer orc general (i think possibly some sort of standard bearer)
the head is from a company called mig productions

as for painting, its gonna have to wait, my hobby time is in such short supply at the moment that i need to concentrate on higher priority projects for now. hopefully i can get something done on him soon but we hall see

judge-minos

Thanks a lot, I already placed an order for a bunch of heads. I will post them as soon as they arrive

Ciao

Radu Lykan

the storm of brushes challenge has led me to dust off an old conversion and try to get him painted. he will also be my ammo bunker omam for may. blocked in the base colours last night, after any input regarding the shceme/colour choices etc. the reason for the orange is he has a poisonous dog sized bionic lizard that will be black and orange, trying to theme them together a bit.

any thoughts before i proceed with more paint?

Lord Borak

A cool conversion and I like the fluff! It's also nice to know that those Orc arms scale up so well with 54mm. The axe shaft does look a little long to me but that might just be the angle of the pictures.

Radu Lykan

lord borak- yep, its a bit long, going to have to upgrade his axe to a great axe i think

started work on ripper, hans' poisonous hunting lizard, not a lot done but you can hopefully see where i have applied grey on the spines and scales, beginning to brighten them up for the application of copious amounts of orange :)

Aurelius

I think he is looking great, a neat conversion. My only comment would concern the hood - will it be getting some freehand on there? It is a big expanse I feel. Looking forward to seeing the ripper!

Van Helser

A blast from the past. Really looking forward to seeing a lot of orange on the beastie!

Ruaridh

Radu Lykan

aurelius- time was too tight for anything fancy :(
van helser- the orange wash didnt work quite how i wanted but it will do

it was looking tight but with my holiday starting tomorrow at silly o'clock in the morning today was do or die and i did :)
completing my omam for may and my entry into the storm of brushes on the conclave here is Hans and his hunting lizard Ripper

also (as there were three bases in the secret weapon set i bought when i started panicking about bases) a third base so whoever joins them has a matching base

really like the bases, will probably look into secret weapon for more bases for other stuff