Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Fallen Paladin, Traitor Champion OOC

Started by Draco Silverhand, April 18, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

I don't know, is it?

EDIT: Apparently, I was waiting for the other half of a combat between Sol and the World Eaters.

Draco Silverhand

I think right now, we're waiting on Nero's Heroes to act...

Also, I just wanted to ask for a tiny bit of realism. Even travelling at the speed of light, it takes hours for radio commands to reach Mars from Earth. The assault is not going to be instantaneous. Though, once ships are in planetary positions, we can assume they move quickly from there on...

Koval

Quote from: Draco Silverhand on August 16, 2010, 03:02:40 AM
Also, I just wanted to ask for a tiny bit of realism. Even travelling at the speed of light, it takes hours for radio commands to reach Mars from Earth.
Wasn't it more like seven minutes?

Draco Silverhand

Shh! I am the infalible Inquisition! You cannot correct me!!!

=P

Ok... According to www.space.com the distance can be anything between a few minutes and around twenty minutes, depending on how far from Mars we are (different orbits around the sun). On August 23, 2003 we were 186 light-seconds from Mars, but for the most part we're more like 300 light seconds to 20 light-minutes from Mars. So um, yeah. Not hours, but still not an average of 7 minutes either =P

I guess my point was that it takes a long time in su-light space craft. Going at relatively 10,000 miles per hour (no air resistance, so who knows?), on 8/23/2003, it would have taken a space craft  346:29 hours:minutes (give or take 30 seconds) to cross the gulf between Earth and Mars.

Seeing as that's only at 3 minutes from Mars (by light speed), I hope I've conveyed the insanely long wait anyone would have to deal with in planetary assault.

That said, it's the 41st millenium. Tigurio's got the virus bombs moving into position, and I'd rather not let him blow every single one (though, perhaps the Nurgle boys could get the timer set and going in a way where it can't be disarmed)... Let's say that the Thunderhawk can fly through the void at 1,000,000 mph at top speed, that there's no asteroids between them and their destinations and that everyone's exercising due haste...

I do apologize if I seem nitpicky and inaccurate. However, I think that the worst thing I ever read in planetary travel is the concept that once your ship's in-system, you can just jump to whichever world you want to and be there, no waiting period... and I was taking a stab at the Earth-Mars distance. Not smart on my part, but if we have to be accurate, a realistic estimate for space travel without light speed or warp jumps in-system would be more like months...

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Draco Silverhand

So, um. Did I scare everyone away? After Necris posted, I thought it was either time for the Inquisitor to post, or the Khorny daemon...

Koval

My fault entirely, I got consistently distracted.

EDIT: On that note, it's actually really unlikely I'll show anything before Thursday, as I'm off to Glasgow.

Draco Silverhand

Kallidor

Sorry I haven't posted for ages and ages, I just haven't been in a writing mood, very selfish of me. What needs to be posted, if I've got some clear instructions I can get on with it.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

some interaction with lomak and draconis setting up their attack etc

Nero is planet side putting himself in front of Falzone's forces and acting as a distraction to allow Draconis to get closer

Draco Silverhand

[unfurls ancient papyrus scroll on endcapped dowel, begins reading incantation in Sumerian, translated as such]
Ita Kanaa Vizzatsu Tzeentch, I call upon thee, great doer and undoer. Make anew this dead thread. Unmake the torpor of rigor mortis! Scia Batta Konu'nergal, I call upon thee, keeper of the dead, master of the foetid and infectious. In the unholy undeath of my resurrected thread, grant it resilience in spreading thy glory! Schaihalas Vhikhethnu Tama'Khornasch! Lord of War, Bather of Blood, Murderer of the Masses! I call upon thee, that thine pride and wrath might stir resolution to this mighty conflict, and bring honor to those who still fight![scroll ignites in brilliant hues of its own accord as seven slaves are offered to Nurgle, eight to Khorne, and nine to Tzeentch]

[kneels before an altar marked with skulls, aquillas, lightning bolts and various sundry icons of the Imperium]
Priest. Absolve me, for I am evil.
Priest: No, you must be absolved in battle.
Very well, then bless my actions, that I might yet do the Emperor service in slaying heretics and daemons.
[Priest performs sign of Aquilla]

[fin]

Kallidor

I'm still good to go, whenever Falzone needs to get his headshot, Lomak is ready. In the meantime if there is anything else Lomak could be investigating or killing just let me know exactly what you want to have happen and I'll get onto it.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

Draco Silverhand

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Draco Silverhand on November 22, 2010, 12:04:00 AMStill waiting on Koval I tink
You'll be waiting a long time. He's decided to "move on" as it were. See here.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles