Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave Campaign Pack

Started by MarcoSkoll, April 25, 2010, 07:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Yeah - I think you've actually managed to come up with a veritable smorgasbord of concepts to work from with that contacts list. Even if they're not actually individually developed up into characters (and there's a lot that catch my eye, although I couldn't hope to make all of them - nor would it really be fair of me to steal that many ideas*), there's potential in just intertwining them into the background of other characters.

*Although I may do a Kaede Mack of my own... that concept needs lots of people claiming to be Mack. ;D
It'll be great, up until someone makes Witchhunter Ayo. ::)

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 29, 2010, 09:00:29 PM*Although I may do a Kaede Mack of my own... that concept needs lots of people claiming to be Mack

I'm making three, there's plenty of room for more Macks!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

I too have decided that one of the unnamed grunt models I have is now another claimant of the name Kaede Mack.   ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

I rather like the idea that every regular Conclaver should have his own version of Kaede Mack.

R.

Brother_Brimstone

"Welcome to the Inquisitorial conclave, brother. Please check your Kaede Mack at the door..."

On a more serious note, if we did each make our own Kaede Mack, we could arrange some sort of event at WHW based around the 'Kaede Mack Conspiracy' and let the story unfold. Of course, doing such would be a lot of work organising etc... but it would make for an interesting story!

Or perhaps more conveniently we could simply all just bring a Kaede Mack to the next meet-up and try and find time for a single Kaede Mack game (that way those without one would be able to play a different game at the same time, but those with one would get to use it.

precinctomega

Hey, did anyone else just hear Brother_Brimstone volunteer to organize a WHW meet-up next year?  I know I did.

Put your hand up if you heard that.

*raises hand*

R.

MarcoSkoll

I think a game where EVERYONE is Kaede Mack might be a bit far-fetched. Actually, to be honest, it sounds a bit like Harry Hill: "Which one's better at being Kaede Mack? Kaede Mack, or Kaede Mack? Only one way to find out! FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

Quote from: precinctomega on June 01, 2010, 08:53:20 PMHey, did anyone else just hear Brother_Brimstone volunteer to organize a WHW meet-up next year?
Actually, I've been contemplating volunteering to run a meet myself. No promises, but it may happen.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

My original plan for the three Macks at the meetup (if I'd ever got round to making them) was all three warbands would have objectives based around Kaede Mack - one warband to take him in for interrogation, one warband to protect him and one warband to kill him, assisted by a third party - Mack again!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Necris

I can see a competition for the best Kaede Mack brewing
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Brother_Brimstone

The problem with any event organised by me is that of all the 'regular posters' on the Clave I've probably played the least Inquisitor (actually, do I even count as a 'regular'? I post a lot, but i've not been around for anywhere near as long as you lot!). Anyway, I'd be happy to offer any assistance i could, but i fear that I'm nowhere near experienced enough to organise a Clave meetup!

Still, with time comes experience and who knows, in the future, scary as it may be, there may one day be an event 'organised' (considering me in general 'organised' is a relative term!) by myself - be afraid; be very afraid!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on June 02, 2010, 12:08:07 AMActually, do I even count as a 'regular'? I post a lot, but i've not been around for anywhere near as long as you lot!
Pretty much. Generally, if you keep active on the site and have made it to a meet, that's enough to count.

But not all of us lot have been here quite as long as you might think. Myself, I'm actually one of the younger "regulars", having only been a member of the Conclave since about September 2008... and only making it to two meets in that time. :-[
I might have made something of a name for myself, but that comes from too much time in front of the keyboard, and being the first person who got motivated to get the PDF articles back online. (Although someone else would have done eventually, I'm sure.)

That said, I have been playing the game since its release back in 2001 though.

QuoteBut I fear that I'm nowhere near experienced enough to organise a Clave meetup!
If someone as scatterbrained and disorganised as I can contemplate such an idea, then anyone can.

In the end, don't be too hesitant about the idea - if you need assistance, I'm sure you can find someone to team up with.

~~~~~

On other news, my work on Katlien Vance's background seems to be coming along quite nicely. You may well see it in the next few days (well, even if it takes longer, I can promise that no matter when it is finished, I feel that it's important to share it with the forum).

GW's =I= articles

Necris

I found when running one such event

Tis not the games that are the problem

Tis the final game which is the problem

The meet I ran seemed in my eyes to run very smoothly (It did didn't it?)

But the last game had some many characters it was just silly mostly my fault but it was a learning curve from having 2 or 2 warbands to having close to 12

I would put my name forward for planning another, but at the moment I'm not even able to commit to a regular gaming sessions on a weekly basis let alone a one off event way in the future.

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kaled

After this year's Spring Conclave, Ruaridh and I exchanged a few e-mails and it turned out that we had both hit upon very similar solutions to the problem* of the final game.  I won't post that solution on here as I don't want to spoil what Ruaridh has planned for the Autumn/Winter Conclave, but if anyone is seriously planning an event in the meantime then drop me a line and I'll be happy to discuss ideas...

* I.e. wanting a proper climactic showdown in which everyone is involved, but simultaneously needing to keep down the number of players/characters to a manageable number so the game runs smoothly.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

I had exactly the same problem and noticed that both Tony and Dave ignored my advice to make the final showdown exclusive.  So I'll repeat it here for general consumption: make players compete to get into the final showdown so that there's no more than four people playing in the last game.  Everyone else can go do their own thing, spectate, play a pick-up game or hit the bar.

I should add that in the Dark Fortress campaign, I did make the final scenario exclusive but not exclusive enough, as some players came up with a clever way to get themselves into the last battle and the others formed cells to share their successes until the final confrontation.  Nine players.  Twenty-seven characters.

Never again.

R.