Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave Campaign Pack

Started by MarcoSkoll, April 25, 2010, 07:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

As per this post here, the files from the Spring Conclave have been uploaded to the Inquisitorial Archives. They are available both as a bulk pack and Individual files for your perusal.

I've set up this thread for whatever discussion might arise from this.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kasthan

Just to say WOW! I knew Kaled had put some work in but this is amazing. Thanks for making them accessible.

Kaled

Thanks Marco.

Most useful of these is probably the Contacts, which contains about 140 characters created by Robskib and myself - they're a mix of Inquisitors, nobles, respected members of the Adeptus, wanted heretics, pawns, and other, more mysterious, figures.  If nothing else, they should be useful in helping people write up their reports of the day, but feel free to re-use the cards to run your own campaigns.  There's no background for any of the characters other than what is written, so feel free to take them and use them however you see fit.  There are two exceptions to that - Calleia is now head of the Carthaxian Conclave (and one of my PC/NPCs) so don't go killing him off; and I plan to build a model for Novia Fraal, so the same goes for her.  The rest* are fair game though...

Also, there are quite a few plot hooks thrown in there that could be expanded into campaigns set in the Carthax sector.  The story hooks were only added as I found it made it easier to come up with characters if I had some vague context for them - I have no idea what's really going on with the stories, so people are more than welcome to take them in any direction they want.

* Unless Robskib plans to model any of the ones he created, but he'll no doubt tell us if that's the case.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Myriad

I remember surreptitiously checking to see whether other people had the same contacts.  These are a serious bit of work with lots of material, some of which I think I can use.

I notice the names Inquisitor Roth and Krell both got used twice though.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaled

Ooops - Roth was deliberately used twice; Krell wasn't deliberate, but I can live with a few people in the sector having the same name!

Molotov

Very nice, Kaled - your work in this is very impressive. Those cards might well give me some inspiration when creating some of my own background - thanks for putting these online so that those of us who weren't there can still enjoy the fruits of your labour!

EDIT: I have to give you credit for the name "Kashan Kari", as well!  ;D
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

RobSkib

Quote from: Molotov on April 26, 2010, 07:57:00 AM
EDIT: I have to give you credit for the name "Kashan Kari", as well!  ;D

There are a couple more nuggets like that in there if you're willing to look ;)

Pretty much all of them are free game, I made a couple of them in the image of characters I already owned, and I had planned on creating the Kaede Mack syndicate, but that can wait for the autumn conclave! Over the next few days I'll try and get pictures up of the models I already have for contacts.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

not complaining or anything, and yes Dave (and Rob) clearly put a whole load of work into this, but surely it would have made more sense to upload the campaign pack to the dark magenta site alongside a brief article (even just a single page would suffice) on the days events?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

I considered it, but when I thought about what I might write, it was mostly the same sorts of things as Robey wrote in his Dark Fortress article - since I couldn't think of anything new and original to write, I decided to just upload it as it was.  That said, if you (or anyone else) want to take it and re-edit it into a proper Dark Magenta article along with some text about your experiences on the day (or whatever), then I'm more than happy for you to do that and could probably be persuaded to write a couple of paragraphs to go with it.

I've already got a long article on Tech-Priests in the the works (although that's mostly just waiting on me to finish painting a couple of models), and the Amalathian Sourcebook to finish, so have no shortage of DM projects on the go as it is...

Heroka Vendile

Just finished reading through the Contacts, you really did put a tonne of work into them. Have to say I'm a big fan of Kaede Mack though especially, certainly a name I can see appearing in many places in the future  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on April 28, 2010, 07:58:59 PMHave to say I'm a big fan of Kaede Mack though especially, certainly a name I can see appearing in many places in the future  :)

Feel free to make a model of Kaede Mack if you want! I know I'm planning on making three... :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

I'm going to bring this one up briefly.

In the course of writing up the events of the Spring Conclave, I went back to the few Contact cards I still had left, and was rather struck by the idea of possibly developing up Inquisitrix Katlien Vance, or at least someone based on the concept.

What's the source on the picture for her (bottom right hand corner of the last page) - I half recognise it, but can't remember where from. Given the fact the other images seem to be sourced from anywhere between Warhammer Online concept art and the Necromunda Rulebook it seems a bit too much effort to go hunting for it rather than just asking.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Off the top of my head I don't know the answer to that one - I think she's from somewhere on the FFG site. I'll check and get back to you (unless someone else answers in the meantime).

MarcoSkoll

Got it. Just needed it narrowed down a bit - I wasn't going to search absolutely everywhere...

Oddly, it seems that file is listed on TinEye, so I don't know why my first attempt to track it back that way didn't work.

(For those who don't know, TinEye is a reverse image search. You give it an image, and it searches for other versions of that image - including crops/full versions, contrast/brightness/colour changes, as well as a certain degree of reshaping and rotation.)

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Glad you found it, and I look forwards to seeing what you do with the idea. It'd be fun to see some of those contacts turned into models and characters  - especially as I spent ages coming up with all those names (Rob too) some of which were very cool (if I may say so myself). Katlien Vance was one such name I was really happy with but I have no plans to make her myself.