Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

As it's not my intention to play as Novus forever, that's probably for the better as Pelagius has a better chance of keeping the peace. Granted, he wouldn't say no if asked, but he's not exactly a testosterone-addled idiot like Novus is.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on July 04, 2013, 06:26:51 AMGranted, he wouldn't say no if asked
Relationships for Alyx aren't an impossibility (although not necessarily with Turlough), as I don't pretend my female characters don't have a sexuality*; I'm neither homophobic enough nor fixed on the "a woman who wants sex is a slut" cliché.
*Well, some of them don't. Clepsydra, being a vat-grown soldier, had such biological urges chemically suppressed for example.

However, Alyx has pretty big trust issues after her last relationship - her interest in men certainly won't include those as demonstrably untrustworthy as our resident arrogant psyker and larcenous midget.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Well, that was interesting. Turlough crashed the grav-sedan, Bayev apparently has Alyx's measurements*, we ordered a very expensive dress**, went to a party, saw a man on a rooftop, then got caught in a panicked mob.

Next session: Ernst grabs a nearby large ham and fights his way out of the crowd.

* Although on reconsideration, I think we knew that before. Rhodes supplied a wardrobe for several of the characters at some point, so their measurements are presumably on file (although I suspect Alyx's figure has probably changed slightly from when those measurements were taken).

** I'm not yet sure what Gala will think of that expenses claim.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Afraid to say I've been roped into a committee meeting this coming monday. No idea when it'll be done by, but canoe club ones tend to drag on a bit.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Do you know if/when you'll be free on Thursdays again, mate?

MarcoSkoll

Indeed. If you're around (and Ruaridh isn't), I can throw Ernst at you. Or have Ernst throw something at someone, anyway.

Also, for those who weren't there, here's the (incomplete*) dress design that some git (:P) decided was going to be part of the plot:

I'm reasonably happy. It's not pure John Blanche type material**, but it's got some of the WH40K trademarks like corsets and aquilas mixed in with various 16th century European fashions, which has a decent aesthetic for Imperial high society.

In any case, it's a pretty expensive dress - at the same cost as a plasma gun, I'm not sure any other single item owned by the PCs is more costly***. Mind you, seeing as putting Alyx in a dress seems to be turning into a recurring theme, it's probably not the worst investment.

*The final version will have more patterning - at least on the skirts, if not the sleeves.
** That would need a lot more bionic mutilation, extra skulls and some outdated weaponry.
*** I can say that some of Gala's equipment is dearer though. She has a pretty expensive bodyglove and right arm.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on June 22, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
I mean, as we've already got 4 of us available Mondays, if Ruaridh can make it as well it'd save Josh from having to reorganise his work again to get back to Thursdays. I believe Benn is completely unable to do Mondays (?), which is a shame, but for the strength of the group I would put forward the motion that perhaps Monday should just be made the de-jure night going forwards.

Unfortunately Monday remains no use for me either, as it is date-night with my other half.

Ruaridh

Quickdraw McGraw

Just a heads up for the group, I'll be flexing my Inquisitoral muscles Monday the 22nd (Jury duty).  So I'll have to miss that play date.

Josh
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

@Ruaridh: Sad to hear it. We'll miss our herculean preacher.

@Josh: Noted. Depending on the exact details of Euan's committee tomorrow, that could still give us two sessions for what I assume is going to be a lot of whoopsie going down though.

~~~~~

Also, pop quiz. I've been trying out several designs for the skirts on this dress, but a lot of the ones based on fancy Tudor-era patterning almost feel overly cluttered.

I've already sort of (accidentally) made, through the lining of Lady Riemann's cloak, this kind of patterning feature in the fashions of the Carthaxian nobility though:

Does it work, or is it just not fancy enough or fail to match the styling of the torso?

Also, you'll see why I was talking about hobbits on Thursday. The Photoshop file is in layers, the base layer (which is a not very dressed Alyx) doesn't include footwear and shoes haven't been added to any of the dress layers yet.

What footwear is still up for debate. High heels of some sort would be a classic and 40k-ish option to go with an ornate dress, but I think she's almost proud of her five foot nothing stature and probably a little too wary of how often she has to run away in a hurry.
(Mind you, if any of the PCs could run in heels without doing an ankle a mischief, it'd be her).

Perhaps not her normal long combat boots, anyway.
Mind you, my aunt did wear combat boots to her wedding. I'd say we're a strange family, but she's not actually a blood aunt.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'm assuming that something like this is out of the question. :P

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Okay... when Ernst retires, he needs to get a job in riot control.

He's now turned another wild mob into a pious congregation.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Here's an alternative script for if Gala's Blather/Deceive rolls had gone less well:

Gala: Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
Sgt: What happened?
Gala: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Sgt: I'm taking my squad down.
Gala: Uh, uh... negative, negative. There's a fire down there now. Give us a few minutes to put it out. Large fire, very dangerous.
Sgt: Who are you? What's your name and number?
Gala: Uh... [knocks the Sgt out] Boring conversation anyway. NOVUS, WE'RE GONNA HAVE COMPANY!

GW's =I= articles

Koval

MarcoSkoll

Right everyone - one more reminder.

I'm heading away around the canal network soon and will be relying on both a mobile broadband connection and the goodwill of whichever family members I can borrow a Skype capable device from in order to run sessions.

This will mean some sessions may be missed and I'll be trying to keep the remainder timely. Apologies for that in advance.
If I look like I'm going to be absent, I will try and keep you informed, possibly via texting/phoning Koval, but I can't necessarily guarantee that either - some of these places are pretty "middle of nowhere" in terms of the cellular signal available (despite my phone and the 3G dongle being on different networks).

GW's =I= articles