Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

I'd offer to post you my spare laptop if I knew how soon "soon" is going to be. It works (I hope) and should have Skype.

MarcoSkoll

"Soon" is a value that has varied between last Monday and "Maybe Tuesday sometime, but we've still got to cut the grass, repair the hot water tank, etc". Generally, it's slipping backwards.

Still, I should stress goodwill isn't necessarily so much about a device being available (we should have two laptops with us), but not having to moor up too early, not using up all the internet credit and not wrecking the boat batteries*.

* Our boat's battery bank isn't really designed for running multiple laptops throughout an evening**. Lead-acid batteries are done no favours by running them below half-capacity or so***.
** Given that aged laptops often don't go to the trouble of staying charged for as long as our sessions sometimes run.
*** Still, we are now running mostly LED lighting, so not being in the dark is a commodity that's dropped from being multiple amps to just fractions of an amp.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Right - I'm here, and appear to have a pretty good connection... so expect a session.

However, we're heading out to the pub now, so I may appear a little later than normal.

EDIT: Right, I'm here now, and wondering where everyone is...

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

Sorry, it's a bit last minute but I maybe a little late for the game this evening.  Please don't wait up for me I'll be along shortly.  Thanks.

Josh
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

... I too hope to be there, but will definitely be at least a while longer. We've arrived where we were hoping to moor, and there are no places, so we'll have two locks to go up to find a space. We may be able to start by eight o'clock if I can get a connection.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Right. Hopefully things have turned out well enough for a narrative I mostly contrived while I was taking a shower and had to do a lot of adaptation around missing players, but it looks like we're closing on next Monday being in-character discussion of how things should be handled and wrapped up. I'll probably leave full details of the central dilemma for Alyx, Bayev and Pelagius to reveal on the night.

I'll probably be posting a short side narrative here at some point soon - stuff that, in character, would be the GM talking to himself, but is nonetheless important to address.

As an aside, if any players are looking to acquire new gear (preferably not more dresses), I advise having your shopping lists ready.

Short version: Next week will be the last session of this story. Euan, get ready to take over - if you need to discuss any details with me, feel free. (Although I don't imagine you will, one space station rather than another isn't a huge change to the start of your narrative. But I imagine most of us will need a reminder of your plot introduction though!)

GW's =I= articles

Koval

At the moment, I see three options forming in Pelagius' mind:

1) Both of them
2) One, but not the other
3) The Harrens

MarcoSkoll

Well, if you've not got just one option in mind, I can be content in having managed to get across the situation despite having had to re-write that entire half of the plot* fairly on the fly.

I might have had to ham some of the personalities up quite a lot... or a lot of a lot... but at least they came across such that the conundrum I had set up wasn't missed**.

*Ultimately, it was really the core of the overall plot, but the need to split the game into two different schedules meant I could give the other characters a different part of the story more suited to their more "aggressive" skill sets. Originally, I had planned the story-lines would be more interactive, but that became difficult after a slipping Thursday schedule meant lots of playing catch-up.
I wrote the overall plot structure at short notice and under unusual circumstances, and then you guys kept weirding it up (if you'll believe it, there was absolutely nothing about dresses in my original draft***), so you'll have to excuse the rough edges that may have showed up at times.

**Unlike last time, where the refugee smuggling was supposed to pa bit of a moral dilemma, but the characters didn't see past that veil and approached the situation more bluntly.

*** Still, I like to think I rose to that challenge quite well, actually managing to show you the dress in question. If I ever actually stop dawdling over my art, I'd quite like to do a narrative with drawings of all the main NPCs, but that's probably unlikely.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

It should be noted, Pelagius has expressed a distinct preference for option #2, but I'm well aware Sir William would rather go for #1 (and so, I think, do Alyx and Bayev, unless I've gotten that completely backwards).

MarcoSkoll

Well, Alyx probably has the most direct experience dealing with the internal quarrels of nobility - and funnily enough, her attitude to them has not improved over the last two years; her opinions are mixed and somewhat personal.

As for Bayev, I have her pegged as something of an analyst type (based on the initial introduction Euan sent me), so she'll actually be supplying an evaluation of the various risks associated with all the various possibilities, including some you haven't thought of yet.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Sooo... fun fact, I now can't actually do this Thursday or next Monday.
So you can rule me out of the Rogue Trader mini adventure, or the start of it certainly.
And we'll also roll back the start of me GMing to the 30th.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Hmm. If you're missing on Monday, I'm almost considering using it as one-off to secure Cadence Company's officers, but I'm already phenomenally busy with modelling for the end of the month and trying to get a half functional framework to test some Inquisitor 2 rules.

I'm really not sure I can do anything like that.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Sorry to hear it, Euan, but real life comes first -- and I'm sure the Dark Heresy game will be well worth the wait.

Heroka Vendile

Also be aware with plenty advance notice that I won't be around for the 28th Oct and 4th Nov either. So we'll get 3 sessions in prior to a mini break, then things will run normally up till christmas when we tend to play it by ear a bit.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Clepsydra's plan: Attempt to hit a ~200m diameter hostile landing zone (occupied by an unknown number of enemy forces with ground and air defences) by falling from low orbit with only a void suit and grav-chute.

I cannot see any way this can possibly go wrong.

GW's =I= articles