Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

I am in Glasgow late tonight and due to difficulty arranging a ride home will be staying over. Will try to get back home asap in the morning, but don't be surprised if i'm late.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Heroka Vendile

Update: I will not make it today due to transport delay.
Maya's only strategy is to beat a retreat until out of sight, then get the hell out of dodge asap.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

From last weeks discussion, I don't believe we were likely to have a session tomorrow anyway, but I've been not long ago informed that my uncle will be arriving here early tomorrow, so I don't think I'll be available. Sorry to spring that on you at such short notice.

As far as other dates:
I am available on the 11th, but can confirm I am not available on the 18th. I will also take the liberty of assuming that the 25th and 1st are probably out.

What do we look like further into January? 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

No worries. 

I am not available on the 11th, but am happy to let the session continue in my absence. 

January 8th would be the next available one as things stand for me.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

As of yet, I don't know. All I know is that Ruaridh isn't available, I have no idea if we're missing anyone else.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'm seeing family, sorry. I'm definitely free the next three weekends but I gather the 18th is a busy day for Dave, the 25th is Christmas Day so no session, and the 1st is New Year's Day so we'll probably have a hangover or two to contend with.

Is January 8th good for people?

Heroka Vendile

Jan 8th sounds fine to me. Have a good christmas all!
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

Hope we've had a good Christmas, Hanukkah, and new year.

Are we resuming on Sunday?  If so could we get a wee recap Dave?  Wynn had just terminated a goon for performing an illegal operation I think.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

We should be resuming on Sunday.

You may have to bear with me a little though, as I will be fairly tired. I've been very busy over the last few days, and Saturday is going to be at least as draining too.

Anyway, as far as a crude recap of Sessions 8 to 12:

QuoteTalullah heads off briefly to check her drop-box again, time the remainder of the cell use to plan their meeting with Vladek Maximillian.
They contact Vladek via his comm code, and arrange a meeting later that day, and are directed to meet in a warehouse to the south-west of the Cave.
Wary of the meeting, they choose to try and get the attention of V, in the hope that she might provide support in the event that the meeting goes sour. Without any particular plan for how to contact her, some of this involves Gaenor shouting at nearby rooftops.

Their arrival at the warehouse (largely turned into a slum) is underwhelming, with Vladek not immediately appearing. As they come to realise that a number of the "squatters" are actually Cave personnel observing them, Vladek shows himself and takes them to the meeting proper, in his office in the Cave. (Someone, I forget who, notes that near the end of the trip, he triggers some sort of concealed button under a small ledge).

The Cave has numerous armed guards, some even equipped to a level equivalent to Imperial Guard Stormtroopers.

Despite Dose's attempts to insult Vladek by dismissing the large armoury displayed across the back wall of his office (on the basis that it had no blessed las-weapons), Vladek agrees to allow a viewing of the casket.

The viewing area seems to be separate from the main vault of the cave, as it is a relatively wide and entirely unfurnished room in which only the desired item is on display. This part of the building is heavily reinforced - Talullah estimates that the doors to the viewing area alone would require a heavy melta charge or several minutes with a lascutter to breach.

The casket is supplied with the hand of (you presume) Vin Latko, the leader of the MIA Sierra cell. Upon unlocking the casket, it is found to contain a data skull - a servo skull optimised for the bulk transport (and delivery) of data.
Vladek refuses to allow the skull to be accessed or purchased separately.

During the walk through other parts of the Cave (much of which comes across as a seedy but exclusive club), Maya recognises Marek Broz, a known Razor ganger, from a bounty posted at the local lockhouse - they speculate that he is the handler for the casket.

Upon arriving back at their bolthole, the cell finds a micro-bead left on the main table, complete with a handwritten note: "Probably better than shouting at rooftops". During the ensuing conversation with V, she confirms that she is working for an Inquisitor (although other than an idle use of "she" as a pronoun, gives no further clues to the Inquisitor's identity), is not the only member of her cell in the hive, and is investigating the mass disappearance of Inquisition operatives within the hive - Sierra cell is but one of the missing cells. At least 17 agents have gone missing over a three month period. She claims to be watching the cell's back, even if it may only be to see who sticks a knife into it.

Eventually, V grows tired of Gaenor's insults and the conversation terminates.

The following day, the cell start to follow up two of their leads - Marek Broz and the as-of-yet uninvestigated smuggling tunnel network.
They start their search for the tunnels at "Naasman's Wares", a small shop selling underhive salvage - based on their earlier scouting of the surrounding levels, this area was hard to map. As Dose confuses the somewhat naive shopkeeper by deliberately misidentifying several items as far more worthless than they actually are, Gaenor breaks into the upper floors of his shop. Her search recovers some paperwork written in what appears to be a local dialect with various codewords sprinkled throughout - while she can tell it refers to a less than entirely legal deal, she cannot immediately translate it.

She trips loudly on the way back down the stairs, startling Naasman, who proceeds to start slinging a mix of threats and buckshot at the cell. He is fairly quickly cremated by Gaenor's inferno shell.
However, he seemed to have called several friends to the party, as the cell come under attack from a number of well armed soldiers coming up from the back areas of the shop. Withdrawing, they are ambushed on several sides by well armed mercenaries, but eventually manage to finish the fight in a general store a few hundred metres to the north.

At this point, the cell choose to execute any surviving mercenaries - they have seen the cell up close, and allowing them to report back to their masters could compromise the mission.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I will not be around this week. My internet broke and I'm using my housemate's phone to connect.

I am back online, but for how long, I wonder...

Koval

Just a quick reminder that I won't be here on the 19th (parents visiting)

MarcoSkoll

There won't be a game session on the 19th, as Joseph and Euan have both made excuses, and Ruaridh won't be joining us for the foreseeable future. (I'll leave it to him to reveal why, although some of you will already know, and others will be able to guess).

In that case, can people please confirm availability for the 26th February and 5th March?

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'm no longer available on the 26th either (grandparents visiting)

Heroka Vendile

I've had to book myself onto a 1st aid course this Sunday as mine's expired and I have to have it in time for my 5 year review as a Scout leader in mid March.
5th March I am fine for however, although I will need to leave sharpish around 12:30
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy