Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on March 26, 2011, 06:43:45 AMEither a or b.
I can roll with either of those.

I am on the rusty side with RP GMing, but what you don't practice...

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Hello peeps! This is going to start off sounding like a total tangent, but bear with me.

I finally got totally fed up with my old graphics tablet, so I invested in a new Aiptek 14000U (seen in all its glory here).
And I now wish I'd done it months ago! It's a magnificent piece of tech. Twice the pad dimensions, crazy sensitivity and precision, faster response and smooth as a whistle. Okay, it's not a Wacom, but this baby doesn't give much ground to their Intuos4 L, and that costs four times what this does.

However, there is one problem. I've got out of practice recently, so combine that with new electronic wizardry to get used to and I'm going to need to get some tablet time down before I can properly get back on with the art for Dark Magenta.

My plan for that is to turn my hand to immortalising the group's characters in a similar manner to what I did for Alyx.

Now, I've already got some references for Etris (and a WIP can be seen here), and I've badgered a description of Novus out of Stormgrad, but my transcript's descriptions of Ernst and Guilleman are pretty vague:
- Ernst: Male Cleric, mid twenties. Wiry build. Around 1.75m and 65 kg. Brown hair, tanned complexion, appears to have been suffering elements for a while. Wearing tatty pilgrim's robes.
- Guilleman: Slender and gaunt. Male Guardsman. (Okay then, very vague.)

I could just guess a lot, but if either of you'd like something a bit more representative, I'm gonna need some descriptions about things like their features (e.g. shape of the head/jaw/etc, some idea of facial features and any "oddities" of body, etc. "Looks rather like *insert name here*" will do) and equipment (e.g. the style of their boots, any trinkets they carry, what their clothes look like, etc.).

I can make adjustments later on if something's totally wrong, but I'm not planning on investing that much time into this...

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Don't you have some other art to work on as well... ;)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Stormgrad

OK i

I have 2 spaces for this, still open

i think i have yes's from Rauridh and Euan, and i know i have one from Marco, who is the first from the group to sit and generate a character with me - anyone else willing to travel from the carthax sector out past serenity outpost into the wild depths of the Velgorth expanse just drop a reply in here and let me know

MarcoSkoll

Indeed, I do have other art to be getting on with - but, as I alluded to in the third "paragraph", I'm horribly out of practice. With all the work on NPC guard, vehicles and Katlien's warband, I've not touched anything more than a couple of rough sketches in the last two months.

So, in short, I need to get my hand in again and learn the nuances of a new tablet before I get back to messing up the DM art.

~~~~~

Also, what I forgot to mention earlier... I'm heading away on the narrowboat for about three weeks, starting this weekend. I will have a mobile internet connection, so I should be able to avoid missing any game sessions, but I can't 100% guarantee I will have a connection on any given night.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on April 07, 2011, 04:55:06 AM- Guilleman: Slender and gaunt. Male Guardsman. (Okay then, very vague.)
5'9", 65kg, slender, ruddy skinned, red hair, brown eyes, 22 years old, aquiline nose, former agri-worker (so a bit weatherbeaten).
Equipment wise he's got a laspistol, lasgun, shotgun, a belt of shotgun shells, knife, woodaxe, guard flak armour & uniform. All his equipment should probably look used and second-hand.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on April 07, 2011, 02:56:51 PMguard flak armour & uniform.
Any particular style? Imitation Cadian, one of the other regiments or just some kind of random free for all?

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

you'd probably be better asking Robey/Lampitt as he's from the same world as Etris. If in doubt I'd say classic cadian shoulders & helmet with current body armour.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

That makes it easy then - I've got some of Lampitt's drawings of Etris for reference already.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Sorry, bad news. My laptop is now so unstable that I cannot hope to use it meaningfully for drawing, Skype, anything.

It's been bad previously, but the graphics driver just crashed 7 times in 4 minutes, half recovered, then axed the computer totally. Right now, I'm using what little life is left in it to back it up. I hope.

I'm away, so I have about zero chance of fixing or replacing it for some time. I may be able to borrow one of my parent's laptops for Skype, but it's not a certainty.

EDIT: No, it's even worse than that. My dog got tangled around my external hard drive power cable while I was trying to back the computer up. After impact with the floor, now it's dead too. Which includes my last good backups.

2nd EDIT: Can Robey and Shirley please send me backup copies of my character sheets to my email, because the hard drive failure now means I couldn't get them off my computer, even if it did stay stable for three minutes.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Eek! Bad times. You could get a HD caddie and mount your old one in it to strip out files onto whatever replacement machine you get (if it comes to that).
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

*Borrows father's laptop*

I think the laptop's hard drive is still solid (and it had better well be, it's a top notch Western Digital), so I should be able to rip what was on it to a new machine. The external drive however - I think that's utter toast. It's making noises it shouldn't be, and unless it's the only possible way to get my data back, I'm not about to shell out the cost of a recovery. There wasn't that much on it that wasn't on my laptop - backups and some large folders of video. (And given that much of the video had been acquired by completely and unquestionably totally legal and above board means, I'm not sure I would want people rooting through it anyway.)

It was a three and a half year old laptop, and while it is still covered by a four year warranty, I'm not sure it's worth sending it back. They didn't fix it properly last time, and it's still ancient in computer terms. So I'm considering a new one if I can source the money for a shiny new one.

However, it was not a sudden death. As the machine has been going for weeks - months even - I had anticipated this possibility (not the smashed backup drive though) and brought lots of putty and my tool set. So I'm not going to be completely at a loss for stuff to do over the next three weeks, and there should be a decent pace of modelling - at least for a while.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Well, that last session marked the end of the first PrecinctOmega adventure. Which means I'm taking over, right as our Acolytes fall into the hands of the Inquisition.

Because of the time I've had to prepare, I should be able to continue the sessions from next fortnight (Thursday June 9th).
I'm assuming that PO can forward me all your character sheets and background, so the rest of you probably won't need to do anything but turn up again. Do try and be there, because we've not had a full house for months.

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Well on the 7th of june i will have internets installed in my new flat and as of then i am back full time and will try and get my RT game running possibly

MarcoSkoll

I haven't yet got through any stuff from PO - I have just emailed him to remind him, but if people want to send me through up to date versions of their backgrounds and character sheets, then it would be welcomed.

While I'm here, take this as a reminder that our next session is Thursday 9th June (i.e. the Thursday four days away), when we will be starting at our usual time of 1930.

Now, given our low attendance in recent weeks, I imagine a few people are a bit lost as to what's going on. Don't let this put you off turning up. I'm going to try and write up the story so far from my (unfortunately incomplete) audio notes and put them up on the Wave - but even if I don't get them all done in time, I will probably be doing a summary at the start of the next session anyway.

GW's =I= articles