Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

Sorry, sorry.  Meant to post yesterday.

At the moment, we've only got three players and I would like to find a fourth at least to make it worthwhile.  I'm digging around my local scene to see what happens.  I'll give you an update no later than Wednesday.

R.

precinctomega

I'll be emailing the relevant parties.  We have only three bodies for this event, and whilst it would still be feasible, I'm inclined to think that it isn't worth the expense some people would be incurring to attend for such a minimal number.  So, with regret, I'm going to postpone this to another date, TBC.

R.

MarcoSkoll

I did receive the PM, but I'll respond here too.

Perhaps with a change of date, we might be able to get some of the people who had scheduling conflicts back on board.

And like I said earlier, I do have a mate I could try bothering if we can't turn up enough spare people from the forum. Nice enough bloke - occasionally crops up on other forums, although not a very regular poster on them.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

With enough notice, I'd like to think I could be involved. Postponed for a couple of months perhaps?

Ruaridh

precinctomega

Having negotiated with She Who Must Be Obeyed, I'm looking at running the adventure as a Skype conference for about 1.5 hours per session once a fortnight, starting in the New Year.

Now, going over VOIP, it is possible to download dice-rolling software so that everyone can see it, but I'd prefer to just go for an honesty system, because I think we're all grown-ups.

R.

Heroka Vendile

over skype eh? that sounds like a fun idea.
Something like Google Wave would be a good companion to be using at the same time - a unified place where everyone can see and edit session and campaign notes, a list of objective reminders, etc, etc.
That is, if it's still running when/if you were to do this, Google have muted that Wave may be taken down at some time unfortunately  :(
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Jamas Orian

If you can all get an IRC client - I know of a server that has built in dice rolling.

Van Helser

Skype would definitely suit me.  I think I should just about be the only Ruaridh Dall on there.  I'll get on with designing a character...

precinctomega

OK, new plan.

This is the plan: every other Thursday evening from 1930 to 2100 starting on Thursday 6 Jan 2010.  The sessions will be short, so play will be fast and furious.  Dice rolls will be based on an honesty system.

This is the bonus feature: once we've played through my introductory campaign, we're going to be joining Fantasy Flight Games's playtesting teams (I've agreed with Ross Watson that the group should find its feet and establish its ability to meet consistently before we join in), so all participants will have to sign NDAs.

We'll be playing Rules As Written as much as humanly possible, so where a result can be randomly generated, unless there are good reasons to the contrary, they will be randomly generated.  Players will be expected to provide written feedback - a paragraph or two - on each session before the next session to be included in the group's general feedback.

If you want to get on board there will be five seats and two reserve seats.  Look me up on Skype.  First come, first served and the three for the original day that got cancelled get the first three seats (so there are two left, plus two reserves unless any of the others decide to step away).

R.

N01H3r3

Quote from: precinctomega on December 04, 2010, 04:55:10 PMThis is the bonus feature: once we've played through my introductory campaign, we're going to be joining Fantasy Flight Games's playtesting teams (I've agreed with Ross Watson that the group should find its feet and establish its ability to meet consistently before we join in), so all participants will have to sign NDAs.
I will have to excuse myself from joining, then - as I freelance for FFG, were I to join this group, there's a chance I'd end up in a position playtesting my own work, which would be something of a conflict of interests (I can't really expect to be impartial regarding my own work, can I?).

Still, it's good to see that Ross got in contact with you, Robey.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Heroka Vendile

colour me interested, however I definitely cannot do the 6th Jan as I will be away on holiday. I guess it would depend on whether you would prefer experienced or non-experienced RPGers as the reserves, as I am the latter.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

The campaign is designed both for less-experienced players and for players to join the action after its starts - however, you'll have substantially less choice of characters if you join late.  In fact, you're likely to be given an NPC as your PC.

However, as we're only going to do 1.5hour sessions, it's unlikely that we'd be too far into the action after the first session.

I've discovered another group doing a VOIP campaign and have been invited to sit in on a session to see how it's done.

R.

Easy E

^Cheapskate^

MarcoSkoll

Well, I guess we'll find out this Thursday...

Oh yeah, if this is still going ahead, there's a slight change I'd like to make to my character's equipment, if that's alright with you PO. I'm about to drop a PM in your inbox about the specifics, but you probably know that by now.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles