Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormgrad

Well dont bother with your amazing accents as it will make understanding you easier (tho not normally a problem with stirling)

almundis

might i suggest some poppy-based tea, its very good at loosening muscles and dampening any pain. Worked wonders when i fell down the stairs.

Koval

Unfortunately, you've just suggested something to which I'm probably allergic (poppy seeds make me very ill, so I'd rather not chance it with some other poppy derivative)

Although I'm now talking even more like a retard at the moment, I think my face is loosening up a bit. It's like when you've been smiling for too long and you suddenly stop and your face aches -- it's a persistent version of that, but slowly improving.

MarcoSkoll

A few things:

- Given how key a location Iracadia is, its sector should be named. I think I implied it was the Kamalian sector as part of the "The Saint" fluff, nicking the sector name from the "Succession" contact cards (Inquisitor Klopas' card, I think). If no-one has any objection, we can stick with that?

- Alyx is really hoping that Kyrillos and Diamanto (no, the other PCs don't know who they are) aren't at Marr Imer's ball. Perhaps not very likely - but given Marr Imer's Iracadian heritage and the kind of places you'd find those two, a lot more likely than Alyx wants it to be.

I suspect Ruaridh's probably not that evil though. It would result in carnage on a plot derailing scale, plus I think he's planning on something rather lesser in scale and probability with Marr as it is.

- Must remember to see if we can get a fix on Kroia Justice again.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

It being somewhere is better than it being nowhere, and the Kamalian Sector seems about as good as anywhere at the moment :P

MarcoSkoll

Well, as far as I know, there's no fluff for the Kamalian sector beyond Inquisitor-Savant Klopas' contact card: "An Inquisitor of immense mental capacity sent by representatives of the Kamalian Conclave to oversee the Carthaxian succession period."
We can infer it neighbours the Carthax sector and that there's some sort of rapport between the two Inquisitorial Conclaves, but that's about it.

As such, it doesn't add much, but it gives us a sector name (somewhat important, as it's naming the home sector of some of our protagonists), and gives the Kamalian sector some more background.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

...this sort of reminds me, in which sector is Madavakos located? :X

MarcoSkoll

My assumption is Carthax - nothing was ever said about us being in a different sector. Which corner of it though... that I don't know.

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Stormgrad

I know this is short notice but i dont feel well have been feeling sick since after lunch and im not in the frame of mind to do RT this evening

Koval

Among other things, we discussed my various characters' feasibilities in Inquisitor as opposed to 40KRP/fluff*, and added a class of teenage biomancers (complete with exasperated tutor) to the List Of Things Someone Should Really Make.

*At the moment, it's more likely I'll resurrect an older character I've not used for a few years than bother making existing characters work outside the realms of a straight RP. I'm apparently very good at making characters that are either too big for Inquisitor, or would be neutered by how it works.

Heroka Vendile

Just as a note for Rich and a general reminder, I will be away on the Thursday 2nd and 9th August.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Generated using the EVE Character Creator:

Horatio Stirling (full body here)

Alden Taphos (full body here)

EDIT: I've just realised that Stirling is extremely good-looking for an Adept (although the huge coat is actually part of his equipment in-game). I may redo him so that he looks a bit less like a film star, although that would mean deleting and remaking him from scratch.

Mind you, he's the Korvestans' personal on-site nurse/chief of security/butler, and he's only in his late 30s -- I dare say he's either very well looked-after, or is otherwise better able to look after his own health than a good many people on his planet.

Speaking of Stirling, I've been cooking up some ideas for my participation on Thursday :P

MarcoSkoll

Don't worry, he'll start getting a lot less pretty once people start shooting at him.

And to be honest, that's not that unlikely when we head to Marr's ball. Alyx reeeeeeeally shouldn't be going anywhere near Iracadian big-wigs. (Mind you, it was that or let Novus go, and that'd be guaranteed to end in gunfire.)

GW's =I= articles

Koval

We could let Ernst go, but then the risk would be that he gets his face broken. Again.