Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

The latest after action report: If Ruaridh is planning on the next session being the finale... well, two things:

1) I'm now a lot less certain Kyrillos and Diamanto won't turn up, because carnage is basically guaranteed anyway.

2) Any thoughts on who's taking over? I have potential ideas, but I've also nominated myself for a possible Rogue Trader storyline, and I'd really prefer not to be running both at the same time.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I remember putting my hand up a while back, but if anyone else has ideas then that's also fine, especially seeing as I'm a recent entrant.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 27, 2012, 01:02:07 AM
The latest after action report: If Ruaridh is planning on the next session being the finale
I checked last night during the Skype, he isn't, unless we all die horrible deaths of course - our characters I mean.

Quote2) Any thoughts on who's taking over? I have potential ideas, but I've also nominated myself for a possible Rogue Trader storyline, and I'd really prefer not to be running both at the same time.
I'm not aware of anything being arranged yet. Rich has also invited me to take a stint with RT, though for my sanity such might be better waiting till November as I'm just going to get busier and busier in the next three months. I'd be willing to run DH instead though, as I've no real plans in place for RT yet but have a few well-formed ideas more suitable for DH.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

We are entering the closing stages of the adventure, but I don't plan to end things next session. That may be taken out my hands by the characters getting belligerent of course...

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Well, even if it's not immediately close to an end, it's probably not a bad idea to work out where things are going afterwards.
If needs be, I can probably resurrect a mini-adventure idea if I had to cover any intervening time between the adventures though (and might actually quite like to).

In any case, I'm okay with either Heroka or Koval taking over.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'm happy for Euan to jump in in front of me as well -- it still somehow feels a bit odd with me GM'ing when I've not been through a full-length adventure yet.

MarcoSkoll

Unfortunately, I may have difficulty making it online tomorrow... or potentially for the rest of this holiday. I know tomorrow isn't such a big deal, as we're going to be too short of players anyway, but I'll be really fed up if I have to miss several weeks.

Thing is, my laptop is still not working and the one I'm borrowing from my mother is currently refusing to install Skype. So no promises, unfortunately.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

If I lived anywhere near you at the moment, Marco, I'd loan you my netbook which I believe has Skype installed. I'd give you my old laptop were it not for the damn thing missing a D key and smelling of burnt plastic whenever I switch it on -- you'd probably think it rather insulting -- but again, the problem is getting it to you.

Van Helser

Just thought it worthwhile enquiring if I will have a full house for next week's session (barring Euan, who's accounted for)? Just Joseph and I made it online this evening, and I wanted to check who can get online next week.  If we're down another body, I think I will hold off running the session until we can get back up to a full complement.  I should still be online next week though for another bit of general game chat regardless.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Apologies for my absence tonight, but as the latest news was it was to be a non-session anyway, I had to take the pragmatic view that trying to argue with a computer trying to get Skype working wasn't a very productive use of my time.

I may have to take to some extreme measures (Seeing as Skype is available on Linux, I'm considering setting up the machine to boot Ubuntu from USB and thus outright bypass the problem), but I should be able to get online somehow.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Unfortunately, my attendance is rather less assured than I wanted it to be, seeing as it's dependent on my brother's co-operation. And right now, he's not being the most helpful.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

MarcoSkoll

The issue is that I was going to use my mother's work laptop for Skype, but unfortunately, it's not properly recognising her user account, and it's locked down so most things can't work in the temporary user mode.
However, my brother is an administrator on her school's network... so he can use any other user account, but he's insisting it won't work. (Despite the fact I'm fairly sure it did the other day - and it would take three minutes to check.) He's also unwilling to let his laptop be borrowed for the evening.

But I think I've managed to get my father to agree to lend his laptop to the cause, so I can probably still attend. Likely not going to be able to hang around for much pre/post game banter though.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Koval

Yes, before anyone asks, I do have an absolutely atrocious memory, to the point where if you keep me talking for long periods of time I'll have forgotten what I was talking about a long time before I get to the end. (As happened twice when talking to Immer.)

Hopefully nobody minded much that I was effectively using Blather (EDIT: which Stirling does actually have) the whole time I was out and about :P