Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

By no measure am I trying to sound impetuous - but should Rich want to play some RT but not have to go to the effort of running it, then that offer is still on the table.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Actually... now you mention it, I'm not sure we do know where Guillemann has gone. Perhaps we should start looking for you.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Hope you can join us a week on Thursday Euan - I hope to wrap this adventure up then.  I'm looking forward to the in character reveal of just what has happened to the bodies heading Guilliman and Novus's way from Alyx and Stirling.

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

here's hoping. I may be in need of one of those 5-minute long "previously on X" montages that americans like to put in front of series finales.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

In character from Guilleman's (I'm still not sure of the proper spelling)  perspective:

~~~~~

You entered via the docks, got a bit lost in some of the corridors, then Novus managed to bluff one of the servants into believing you were extra help hired for the ball and got you shown through the servants' corridors until you reached the big tower.
Found Magdelana Corvestan (very much alive) sleeping in a lavishly decorated bedroom (Novus warping through the locked door to let you in). Guilliman puts his hand over her mouth, Novus gets her to stop panicking by mentioning you're were there with Stirling (although he's of course in the ballroom at this point). She's somewhat surprised at Stirling's involvement, then explains that she ran away because she knew her father was planning to give her away to Immer in an attempt to save his fortunes and being a teenage type decides to throw the spanner in the works. She's insistent she's going to be the mother to Immer's children.

Novus consents to leave (not really having much motive to force her at this point)... at which point she decides to try and stab Novus, so he clouts her one, knocking her out.

At some point afterwards, Alyx will have voxed Ernst to hand his microbead to our lawman (I have some difficulty remembering his name, beyond that I think it starts with C), who had a conversation that will have given him an expression that will tell you he's heard things he really rather wouldn't.

~~~~~

You'll get told what happened to Alyx and Stirling when we meet up with you. What they're happy to tell you, anyway.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on August 26, 2012, 11:09:59 PMour lawman (I have some difficulty remembering his name, beyond that I think it starts with C)
Campbell Zorich.

MarcoSkoll

I did finally remember it, but only by checking my notebook. I can remember most of the others after at least some thought, but his name just refuses to be remembered, no matter how many times I have to look it up.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

You'll have fun with some of my NPCs' names then, whicm nay be rather unfortunate as all of the pre-named ones are fairly significant to some or other degree :P

MarcoSkoll

There's a reason I write a hell of a lot down when RPing. I've got half a notebook's worth just for the adventure Ruaridh's been running.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

This session involved trying to save some loyal Administratum adepts from some crazy assassins who were about to start murdering an awful lot of heretical nobles.
However, their main personality trait was being utterly dull. So while Koval and I were a little bored (our characters not being in that scene - Alyx had insisted that she and Stirling rescue someone else), we started filling in their panicked dialogue:

Marco: "Oh no. We're all going to die. That would be terrible."
Koval: "If I die, tell Brother Agrius I said hello."
Marco: "I calculate we only have a 8% chance of survival."
Koval: "You have been remiss in your litanies of numerological accuracy. I have calculated a 7.69% chance of survival to three significant figures."
Marco: "Saints above. I have failed to carry the 1 in the name of the Emperor."

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Given it's often difficult to get in any dialogue not directly driven by the plot, I've found a few minutes to write this to fill in some of Alyx's now slightly less mysterious past. The venue is, of course, the back of our escaping boat.

~~~~~

"Janathan.", Alyx addressed the expensively dressed man leaning over the back of the boat. Whether because of the engine noise, roar of the ocean wind or sheer shock, he didn't respond.

"Janathan.", she stepped closer, speaking louder. This time he turned his attentions away from the sea below, turning his head to look behind.

"I think you've thrown up anything you might have eaten by now. A lot of what you drank too." ,  she extended the ornately patterned glass clutched in her hand.
"Poison?"
"Water. I hope. The boat is a bit disorganised."
"Frak."

He took it anyway, rinsing out his mouth and spitting the mouthful into the waves.
Alyx, joining him leaning on the handrail, watched up at him as he did, genuinely intrigued by the emotions laced through his expressions.

"I know that look." she commented after a few moments of this, "It's about how I felt when I heard about Castor. But I'd prefer it if you didn't reward the efforts to save you by trying to drown yourself."
"What's the bloody point? WHAT'S THE BLOODY POINT?", he roared it again, hurling his glass into the ocean. This bold attempt at movement wasn't taken well by either his still inebriated state and the pitching deck, and they conspired to bring him crashing to the deck.

"I should make fun of you for that.", Alyx glanced back over her shoulder, "But I'll save childhood vendettas for another day."
"Give me your knife.", he groaned, "It's not fair."
"No."
"Bitch."

He slurred the line somewhat, rolling over onto his back.

"You're drunk, I'll let that one slide - once.", she added.
"Why not?"
"Because, Janathan Brannon Darius Pirgo, I know you better than you think. You're more confident and committed than this. Case in point - you knew it was me in the ballroom, and you weren't going to take no for an answer."
"Confident? You... I was terrified when you threatened me."
"That... that is because you don't know me. Why do you think I ran from Iracadia in the first place?"

The nobleman started to form an answer, but Alyx cut him off.

"Don't answer that. I don't want to hear the lewd suggestions the Pasquet would have the other families believe. It's nothing like their lies. I'd known him three years - we met at the Geneval Spire High Ball in Oh Eight. I couldn't kill him - I knew him."

Twisting around, she sank slowly down the rails until she was sat next to Janathan's head. She pushed his cheek towards her, looking into his eyes.

"I'm still not sure what I'll do if I see him again."

There was a long pause, emotions twitching behind the eyes set into her pensive face; until she blinked, allowing some fragment of another thought to stab out to the sea air.

"Sorry about the psyker's questions. Castor stretched my ability to trust people to the limit. Beyond the limit."
"You'd trust a witch?"
"That one specifically? To do the job? Yes, I would. To be subtle about it... no. He's a bit like a grox in an archaeotech vault. But he's beside the point. You... you. I think the Emperor had you here for a reason."
"Then he hates me."
"Easy on the heresy! No, I can't imagine anyone better suited than you and... well, that bureaucracy over there...", she gestured at the cluster of grey robed Adepts. "I may not have been part of the family's business, but I know a very little of the basics of intra Imperial trade."
"What the hell has that to do with me?", confusion fluttered across his expression yet again.
"The head of the biggest trade syndicate on the planet and most of his conspirators are very dead. The planet won't make tithe unless someone is willing to step into the breach. So, Mr Pirgo - are you willing to do the Emperor's work?"

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Last hostile NPC has a profile, now I just have to give Fabian some lines and come up with some names for three friendly NPCs and we're all set.

MarcoSkoll

Fabian, huh? Probably should have guessed that one sooner.

GW's =I= articles