Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

I've just realised that I neglected to mention the fact that I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks.  I will miss the 11th and 18th of October for sure as I will be on a small Hebridean island in a cottage that won't have a tv, let alone broadband.  As Euan's missing those days too (possibly), perhaps making them DH free may be an idea.

Ruaridh

Koval

Okay, that shouldn't be a problem, we can just write off those two sessions and probably resume on the 25th. That means Euan will probably be joining us again for the start of Scenario #3. Keep in mind, though, that I'm using "scenario" here to refer to the different mini-plots in different areas on Aurvol -- I've mentioned the Classic BioWare Formula several times now -- so while we're still going to be having sessions as normal, a scenario may well span across two or three.

Heroka Vendile

"money"? Ha. As if.
I stage manage for a local amateur group, of which I'm also a committee member, so no payment. Plus only the 18th, 25th, 1st & 8th are due to the show - this week I'm gonna be stuck in glasgow till late, and for the 11th it's in the middle of an activity week I'm taking some of my scouts on.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

In that case I misunderstood, but in any case I hope you have a good time.

I don't think I need it just yet, but could you send me an updated version of Gulliman's character sheet after the session on the 4th please? I'll need to know how to use him in your absence.

Koval

double

Dave, do you recall many of the weird timey-wimey doodads we had between us and Gorgon Cell? I've forgotten how long ago Fabian said he'd received the original message -- I want to say seventeen days ago at the time the first session took place, but I don't want to just blindly assume when you've been taking notes :P

EDIT: To recap the end bits from last night, you found an Inquisitor Dessel (who's not yet told you her first name) in the crashed fighter, and a message that's completely different to what you originally received.

Seeing as all the characters would be seeing this, and seeing as we left off roughly when the data-slate (about iPhone sized) got passed around, I'll put it up.

The Emperor shall call us to judgment. The first strike of His hammer will signal the beginning of the end. For nine days shall the world know prosperity and great trials, and the righteous will know the fruit of their labours revealed before them, while the wicked are overtaken by the hand of darkness. The Nine shall awaken when the Assembly is complete, and the blood of all mankind shall stain the field in defiance of the Old Beast. At the end of days the fires of Hell shall rain from Heaven and set the skies and the earth aflame, and all shall be reduced to cinders and ash in His name.

Also, Enginseer Knell seems to have two personalities -- his annoying slow-voiced one that he uses to talk to people, and his slightly quieter, more introspective one that uses the Royal We. This isn't really plot relevant, but I felt I'd at least clear that one up now.

MarcoSkoll

17 days, plus the 5 (subjective) days for our actual transit.

In an objective time frame, that's probably not very long, but given the random nature of warp travel, Alyx's lie seemed plausible enough*. Better than "We're here to stop you screwing up", in whatever case!

*Although perhaps slightly well-informed about warp transit. But she's got something of a talent for observation and recollection (read: Marco actually uses his notebook) to the point I'm not far off wondering whether I should chase down "Total Recall" as an elite advance, and with her past, that she might have picked up on that kind of information somewhere is not too big a stretch.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

So I wasn't far off after all. :)

While I'm here, this is Inquisitor Dessel whom we managed to shoot down and then rescue within the space of about twenty minutes last night. I'll do a mock-up for Greensail tomorrow.

EDIT: It's tomorrow so here's Terrance Greensail.

Heroka Vendile

It struck me last night, are we planning to adjourn for 9pm so we may go and enjoy the return of this tonight?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Eh. I felt Red Dwarf trailed off a lot through the later series, and Back to Earth didn't re-assure me that it had much more to offer.

However, I can't make the decision for others.

~~~~~

Now for a different question - who the hell is it that Terrance Greensail reminds me of?

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Dessel, at least while she's doped up, reminds me somewhat of how Gala has been turning out in my head.

Also, I found a way to use the Sleight of Hand I bought! Whether petty theft proves a good spend of 200 XP remains to be seen - depends on how useless the coin I stole is.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Considering that they revere Thrones like some sort of holy artifact, "very".

MarcoSkoll

Alyx isn't expecting it to be of (much) monetary value, instead perhaps an informative one (but obviously not hugely so).

However, thoughts are certainly turning over regarding the acquisition of currency that won't draw attention every time it's used.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I had some very unfortunate ideas for why Thrones are so highly regarded on Aurvol, although the only unfortunate thing about these ideas is that we won't get to act on them until the 25th.

However, there's a reason they're A) valuable and B) legal tender.

Heroka Vendile

just to confirm that I will not be around tonight and that you won't see me skyping again till 15th November.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

That's fine, I'll make sure to update you with all the gossip when you do get back.