Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 22, 2012, 04:17:51 AM
QuoteAgain, there is a reason.
Alyx still wants to know it, no matter how "good" it may be.
Wait and see. ;)

QuoteThey don't tend to produce "mundane" blades
A sharpened piece of metal is certainly basic, but it's what feels right for Alyx.
Which is why I pointed out that Minos Epsilon wouldn't be of much use the second time round.

MarcoSkoll

Yeah, well - you know me; I'll ramble about anything and everything.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

So when should we reconvene? 3rd or 10th of January?

MarcoSkoll

My vote would be for the 3rd, seeing as I haven't any other commitments - but if we're going to have just two players all over again, I'll wait.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Following discussion over Facebook and other media, we appear to have a majority-vote in favour of reconvening on the 3rd.

Koval

Occasionally, there are times where you want to fail a Willpower test. Only occasionally.

MarcoSkoll

... which are inevitably the rare few I pass with multiple degrees of success.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

NPCs are being thinned out, by the way -- I think I'm down to three friendlies.

MarcoSkoll

Alyx is a little too self-important that she was going to tolerate that kind of disrespectful attitude and underhand behaviour, even if Dessel is an Inquisitor.

Still, she did mean her closing "Emperor be with you" - although with a bit of the 1984 style "The Emperor is watching you" in there.
All in all, a polite farewell seemed more 'Alyx' than yelling "If I see you again, I'll shoot you in the face" (although that might well have been in character for Novus).

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Well, we've already established that Dessel's a bit of a quixotic fruitcake. And she will, of course, be showing up again.

Exactly when and where is not really for the characters to know, but I will leave you one clue: Tattoos.

MarcoSkoll

If the line "Ernst has failed his strength test" isn't a harbinger of the apocalypse, nothing is.

Mind you, he certainly did go a long way towards redeeming blowing that two year streak - that's the first time I've seen a priest use sporting equipment to one-hit KO two armed opponents consecutively.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Yes, and I suspect that this won't be the last time we see sporting equipment used in combat. (In fairness to the Matselvians, I think they just ran out of swords and couldn't be bothered to find more.)

It also won't be the last time we see Master Maksim Kay, although I think you've added another entry to your List Of Reasons To Throttle Koval.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on January 11, 2013, 06:29:20 AMIn fairness to the Matselvians, I think they just ran out of swords and couldn't be bothered to find more.
Imagine being the convict that drew that particular short straw. Being thrown into gladiatorial combat, only to get passed whatever the local equivalent of a cricket bat is.

QuoteIt also won't be the last time we see Master Maksim Kay
Seeing as we actually went there to find out what the hell he's up to, leaving it at the stage we were at would seem a little insufficient.
Alyx kinda wants to know what else he has in his freakshow, and stop him adding any more masked men to it - she thinks she has a reason Kay might buy for why it's a bad idea, even if he doesn't believe in the supernatural.
(Although, being more cynical/genre savvy than her, I can't help but suspect that we'll be at loggerheads anyway.)

But I think what she'll want to open the next session with is a talk about the implications of the items she spent this last session hiding, particularly after a certain choice of words on Kay's part.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

And you'll probably want to close the next session by throttling me when you see what I've got lined up. Clue: "There is no work of art without a subject"

Koval

In the interests of avoiding having something that rambles, I'm stripping out one of the plot arcs, but it's your choice as to which one I strip out -- and yes, there will be consequences in either case :P

There should be one, maybe two more sessions in Matselvium before we get that far, though. Really depends on how you deal with Master Kay.

I've also stripped out a boss encounter as it's entirely irrelevant, despite the encounter in question providing one of the most entertaining fights for my group at uni.