Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Owing to compulsory overtime this week and next week, I might be a bit late this week. And mildly irritable.

Koval

So we've just seen what happened to Zaan Kamnik. We've also found Dessel and the source of the astropathic messages. Don't expect Dessel to be as forthcoming as Zaan was.

Zaan's ship, for whatever it's worth, was a Sword-class frigate called the Watchful Eye.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on February 22, 2013, 07:49:09 PMDon't expect Dessel to be as forthcoming as Zaan was.
Alyx isn't expecting co-operation; still, she seldom seems to be without an idea - and this time is no exception.

It wouldn't be entirely appropriate to discuss exactly what that idea is until next session, but whether she'd actually be having that idea does depend on what's in the Cemovad logs.

If you could, I wouldn't mind a brief synopsis of those messages (e-mail me, perhaps?). The key points Alyx would be interested in would probably be:
- final entries from all the logs 13 years ago (looking for clues as to why they all cut off)
- gist of Dessel's messages since that 13 year cut-off
- anything notable from 2 years ago (i.e. around Dessel's incarceration)
- what exactly those messages have been since then...

It probably would have been her reading material on the journey back from the Cemovad*, so I rather need to catch up as a player (and it'll save time on the next session).

*It's going to take a bit more than reading on a flight to give her motion sickness. She's a veteran of space travel, after all.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

To clarify, those Corruption points you gained yesterday may only be temporary provided you do the right thing(s) later on.

MarcoSkoll

It was a radical call on Alyx's part, I'm sure, but it ties right back into the reason she's here at all. She sees too much good in people, which combines with an excess of conscience (at least for an assassin).

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I thiiiiiiiink that even accounting for further derailment, we should have one or two more sessions, plus a debriefing, before I get to hand the GM'ing reins over to Euan.

Heroka Vendile

I forgot to mention last week that due to a canoe club AGM (and being a coach and committee member of the club), I'm likely to miss 90% of this week. Might be back in time for the tail end of the session, just depends.

If there is just the one session left, then due to a skiing holiday I will not really be ready to take over on the 21st. I'm pretty happy with the overall plot I've got setup, just need to go back and tidy/trim/etc the first act to better suit the overall story now.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Bon voyage, although I should point out that the "debriefing" will probably be a session in and of itself, based primarily on how Ruaridh did the debriefing from the story he ran.

MarcoSkoll

A debriefing is somewhat dependent on how many of us are still alive and sane after our little encounter, of course.

I'll be surprised if there isn't at least one of us in the corner of Fabian's office going 'wibble' - or perhaps 'whoop whoop whoop', in accordance with our "Why not Zoidberg?" policy.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

So, one death and two burnt Fate Points, and I didn't even drop its full Psy Rating on you.

MarcoSkoll

How kind. It wasn't far off going a lot worse though, seeing as how many people were circling the plug hole of critical damage.

That said, I think Alyx's misfortunes amount to a couple of minor bruises, slight burns and the messed up hair movie women tend to get instead of actual injuries; possibly suspiciously uninjured given the daemon's previous fascination with her.

Oh, and for the sake of those who didn't hear exactly what was said, the name Alyx shouted out was "Lady Astraea Eris Megaera Amphictyonis Eunomia Leveque". So now you know what she's actually called.

But I think it's only Ernst who might recognise the significance of that name - or indeed why she was hiding it.
(As I think I've said before, it's all to do with a grimdark take on Shakespeare).

GW's =I= articles

Koval

MarcoSkoll

Darn it. I have referrer headers turned off on my machine (the server isn't then told what page you were linked from, so the typicial anti-hotlink method doesn't work). Copied and re-linked to my Photobucket.

Short version, Kate Beckinsale looking dishevelled in Underworld - one of the influences on Alyx's original design. Not, however, a suitable actress to play Alyx, as Beckinsale's half a foot taller than the diminutive assassin.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Fairy snuff.

But yes, for the most part I think the worst Alyx had to worry about was being slightly singed (compared with Knell who got incinerated, Novus who narrowly avoided being decapitated, and Dessel who managed to suffer a fractured all of her bones).

Of course, now you have to deal with a Giant Laser Of Death that's managed to set all the clouds on fire -- to make matters simpler, this shouldn't involve much combat.

EDIT: I said this last night, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it -- what you decide to do with Dessel determines how the story ends, and will affect your Corruption points.

MarcoSkoll

Dealing with the laser is slightly complicated by the departure of our resident Tech-Priest, of course.

As for Dessel... well, Alyx has two possible answers to that problem, but they'll be up for discussion next week.

GW's =I= articles