Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

It's a shame, but probably can't be avoided. Hope the move goes well, Ruaridh.

And there goes the internet. Again.

Heroka Vendile

I may be arriving a little late again on monday, but should be online for 8ish
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Fair enough. I'm not expecting Quickdraw on Monday, but I am happy to work with two players - and, indeed, anticipated it. It's when we have only one player that it's a bit of a problem!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Internet going screwy again, maybe it'll fix itself by tomorrow?

EDIT: Internet's still going wibbly -- probably won't be online this evening.

EDIT: Internet is very wibbly and the tech my dad spoke to agreed that the service we're getting is unacceptable. We're off more than we're on and I'm typing out posts, then waiting for a two-minute window in which I'm actually able to use the internet. Will keep you updated.

Koval

double

We're getting an engineer out tomorrow.

EDIT: It's not just us -- there's someone else on our street having the exact same problem as us, and it's affecting their phone and TV as well.

MarcoSkoll

We didn't have Euan, and Quickdraw couldn't show up until late, so you didn't really miss anything.

You might have a problem like we had last year - the signal strength was too high, so the modem kept overloading and resetting itself. We haven't really had a problem since it was attenuated.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

It was actually a fault at the exchange -- they'd plugged us into a card that had already had four reported faults attached to it. According to the engineer, we've now been plugged into a different card.

Here's hoping that's fixed it!

MarcoSkoll

It looks like next week will be the old gag of "the GM has to play his PC arguing with an NPC". Not that me talking to myself is unusual in our sessions.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

It's better than "Koval has to make up random garbage", at least -- especially seeing as you need to get some notes together for what this guy's got to say! :P

MarcoSkoll

Yes... apparently I've got to write up stuff on the fashion of the Maedan high spire, seeing as I had no expectation that the characters would be going in search of high class tailors/designers.
But that's probably not too much of a problem - I at least have some experience in the area. (What with my character designs).

The interesting bit is going to be whether I can adopt different voices for each of the characters and swap between them reliably.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

MarcoSkoll

The PM has been seen.

I may respond in kind, but there are elements of it that will definitely be more interesting to address in the session.

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

Sorry, really big storm took out my electricity.   :'(  Everything was going so well too.
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

So, it seems I can throw enough enemies* at you that you'll consider running away. That's what I find as a GM - RPers need a big hint when you want to encourage them to think about things other than the direct approach... but whenever they don't take the direct approach (for whatever reason) they'll concoct a plan involving a dirigible, two ducks and half a tonne of explosives.

* Entirely out of character, I will say the force is not actually company sized (not that company sized is that precise**), even if I did sorta "accidentally" mention that. Can't blame me for a bit of misinformation if Novus messes up his perception roll.
(They are still definitely very much numerically superior to you though. Just not quite that ridiculously so).

** But, when it's me talking, you can probably assume I'm using something approximating British army organisation.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'll just point out (again) that gas explosions do tend to leave buildings rather less than stable (and/or on fire), so expect at least that corner of the building to cave in a bit. I used to know a lady in Liège that lived in a block of flats where there was a gas explosion, and not only did the building itself end up partially collapsing, it also affected the adjoining buildings and meant a whole street had to be closed off. I also tried to help this lady find a new place to live, but she ended up on the other side of the city courtesy of some state program.

Picture references are here and here.

My point is that unless it's really sturdy (though seeing as Novus meltabombed part of the wall, it's going to collapse a bit anyway), that building is going to have worse things happen to it.