Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quoteand not only did the building itself end up partially collapsing
... five hours later, checking the Beeb's article. I wouldn't consider that a guarantee that you'll (literally) crush your enemies.

I'd say the raging fire is more useful, as it'll make it difficult for them to confirm whether you were in there or not before the Arbites turn up.
(Of course, getting caught or spotted again at this stage would pretty much negate that advantage).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Yeah, the explosion happened in the middle of the night, and I slept through it; the building came down while I was getting ready for work, and I still didn't hear it*. So naturally I had to take a few detours when I did actually go in for work. (I didn't find out what had happened to my colleague until quite some time later.)

Back to the game -- I'm not saying the collapse will be instantaneous, but it will be an inconvenience for anyone that's still in there when it does go, and the fire's still going to be dangerous if it's not controlled (and may even cause the collapse to happen slightly faster. I don't know.)

*That said, I was on the other side of the city centre at the time.

Heroka Vendile

hey, looks like I'll be missing this monday unfortunately, got a production meeting for this years savoy show.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Josh has excused himself as well, so that's probably a negative on the next Monday session then.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Hello chaps! This is a heads-up that next week (that being the one containing the sessions on the 24th and 27th) is my old school's end-of-year concert, which traditionally the old hands go back and join in with. This means I'll be a bit busier than normal next week.

It will be fine to excuse myself from some of it for our gaming evenings - but I only really want to do that if there'll actually be something going on, so can I be kept properly appraised of people's attendance as much in advance as possible please!
At present, I am assuming Monday 24th will be going ahead, but that Ruaridh and Ben will continue their absence from our Thursday sessions and the session on the 27th will therefore not be.

Additionally, I believe Euan is getting towards the end of his youth drowning sessions, so we will probably be looking to re-adjust our schedule sometime after the start of July. I suspect this will be reconvening on our traditional Thursday timeslot.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Hi all

I am back online at long last, though with bad news concerning any future involvement with Dark Heresy - I am planning to take up rugby again, and the training nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays.  This Thursday is the pre-season meeting, and then training begins the following week.  I'm also away to France for two weeks on holiday between the 8th and 22nd of July.  With some regret, I think I am going to have to retire Ernst from PC duties.

Now, there is a fairly considerable chance that I'll find my body isn't up to the rigours of playing rugby after such a long time since my last involvement and I'll wreck my newly repaired shoulder again, in which case I may come crawling back!  If I find myself not training for whatever reason I hope I'd be welcome to sit in on a session or two?

Ruaridh

Koval

Sorry to see you go, Ruaridh, but I hope you enjoy yourself on the rugby pitch. :)

Heroka Vendile

Actually, thinking about it, in a way Monday is year-round the most available evening I have. Literally the only thing that sometimes clashes is the odd committee or production meeting, whereas Thursdays become busy both during canoe courses and Oct-Nov around show time.

I mean, as we've already got 4 of us available Mondays, if Ruaridh can make it as well it'd save Josh from having to reorganise his work again to get back to Thursdays. I believe Benn is completely unable to do Mondays (?), which is a shame, but for the strength of the group I would put forward the motion that perhaps Monday should just be made the de-jure night going forwards.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

I'm entirely happy to permanently shift to Mondays if it works well for other people.

As far as Ben, I think things had been said that he might have some Mondays free around this sort of time, but I really don't recall the specific dates.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quick heads-up, I'll be appearing a bit closer to 7:30, possibly even 8 this evening, as I've got an interview tomorrow and need to make sure I have everything ready.

Quickdraw McGraw

Ruaridh-  Well, I'm sorry our time in Dark Heresy was short but I hope you have a good time with Rugby and it treats you well.  Crack a few skulls for us...politely of course.   ;D

Josh
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

Right, as I said, pretty much all of that session had to be improvised, as there's absolutely naff all about an under-city or hidden mutant civilisations in my notes.

However, I decided I'd give you a 25% chance of there being access to some form of under-city or catacombs and the dice came up 18.
Then when you started asking about any outcasts living down there, I decided there'd be a 20% chance of there being mutants in that immediate area and that came up 17.

So it turns out my dice are utterly rubbish at messing up your plans.

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

It's also a little known fact that mutants LOVE chocolate bars.   ;)
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Koval

I'm highly likely to be pulling a lot of overtime this month. I'll still show up to sessions, but I might well appear closer to (or indeed the wrong side of) 8pm for a few weeks. I'll try to spin it so that I can go home at a sane hour most evenings, though.

MarcoSkoll

Duly noted. Hopefully we can still get a couple of decent Thursday sessions in while Benis is available, but gods know how much I'm going to have to condense the plot-line to get the core details I wanted to fit in.
Good news though is that I mostly know what this gorram dress is going to look like.

Oh, and as an aside, it'd probably be best if Alyx doesn't find out that Novus and Doyle have been having arguments about which of them gets a chance at her.
She doesn't exactly like either of them, so her response might be poorly received. :P

GW's =I= articles