Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Skarkon is likely to provide you with better void-suits than the ones you currently have. The ones she's giving you are a Selenite-pattern equivalent, with the added impellor units*; this is primarily because I have absolutely no idea what kind of void-suit you own, and I know Calivar and Skarkon don't have void-suits on their own gear lists. I simply know that you and Silon have void-suits (without knowing what kind they are).

You will be able to land safely**, so no worries there.

*Which will almost certainly help a bit when it comes to landing, as although the grav-chute should be able to do its job... well, better safe than sorry.

**The fortress' defences*** notwithstanding, mind you. Incidentally I may randomise where you land.

***Having now checked, it's very safe to say that these defence lasers are capable of troubling ships in orbit, if they know the ships are there.

MarcoSkoll

It's just the standard "void suit" as it appears in the armoury - although it has previously been established that whatever Sydra's got brings a full void kit with it, so has various tether lines, grapples, clamps and sealant patches. And she knows how to use said kit - she is void-born, after all.

(I've long wanted her to have a fight in a ship's corridor in zero gravity - it wouldn't be exactly like that scene from Inception, but it'd still be damn cool. And she'd do quite well for it, with that racial bonus to moving in zero or low gravity).

QuoteWhich will almost certainly help a bit when it comes to landing, as although the grav-chute should be able to do its job... well, better safe than sorry.
We'll be fine. I've checked the falling table, and falls stop doing more damage after you're more than 25 metres up.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 20, 2013, 10:49:11 AMI've long wanted her to have a fight in a ship's corridor in zero gravity - it wouldn't be exactly like that scene from Inception, but it'd still be damn cool. And she'd do quite well for it, with that racial bonus to moving in zero or low gravity.

Be careful what you wish for.

MarcoSkoll

Hang on here.

My plan involves diving a hundred thousand metres to engage enemy forces on which we have only five pieces of intelligence...
1 - a garbled transmission from people that didn't yet know they were under attack
2 - their forces are (or at least were) sufficient to overcome the defences of an Inquisition fortress and its complement of 100 stormtroopers
3 - they are technologically capable of operating that fortress and blocking any transmissions
4 - they are hostile
5 - they know we're coming.

... whose stolen fortress houses unknown Inquisition secrets, has weapons that can intercept landing craft and resides on a permanently dark, airless world with at least four miles of clear line of sight in every direction?

And you still don't have enough ways to screw with the plan? Dang, talk about demanding GMs.

~~~~~

Actually, now I've said all that, I think Clepsydra's the only one of my characters who'd actually come up with that plan. It doesn't really fit anyone else.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Actually, I just thought it was a cool idea, and while I have problems with the Inception thing being labelled as "zero gravity" (not by you, by everyone on Youtube that thinks that that's what zero gravity means...), there are things I could very easily steal from that.

Heroka Vendile

sounds a bit like the attack/resuce on Vulcan in the Star Trek movie reboot  :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Sort of, but my budget didn't stretch to a Narada stand-in. :P

MarcoSkoll

<seanconnery> Our situation has not improved. </seanconnery>

From our starting team of one Inquisitor, one abomination against nature, one bounty hunter and five Stormtroopers, we are down to one abomination, one hunter and six corpses. And the abomination took 23 wounds in the opening fight.

Still, she's still fighting and moving, at least after some first-aid*, so I do have to give credit to the immoral hereteks who made her - they built her pretty damn tough.
*Although her complete disregard for her personal modesty in the process of doing so probably weirded Caravar out a bit. But that seems right for her - she's an engineered soldier with a chemically suppressed libido, so she's used to a lack of personal privacy and wouldn't really have the context for those social taboos.

Clepsydra is rather hoping there are actually any survivors from the other teams (although I'm rather sure the PCs in those teams will have survived), because otherwise this is going to be one rubbish attack.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Rest assured, I will not pit you against six things at once in future encounters given your current state.

MarcoSkoll

Right. So now it turns out that the Inquisitor's quite the biological abnormality too, although more than a few rungs down the scale.

I guess Sydra is one of quite a small minority of people in the Imperium who'd be used to the kind of thing that's going on here... actually, to be honest, she probably should have reached the conclusion sooner, but such was the consequence of trying not to let my OOC knowledge influence things.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Although you yourself probably know what's going on, Sydra (and everyone else) will have to wait until next week to find out exactly how much of an aberration the Inquisitor's supposed to be. :P

MarcoSkoll

Maybe she's not got it quite right, although I think it's fair to say that Clepsydra is personally familiar with the kind of thing going on here. Vat growth, accelerated growth, replicae and engrammic implantation were pretty standard (although not necessarily universal) fare on Pharos Station.

~~~~~

Anyway, on the note of what I said last night about giving Sydra a musical theme, I've perhaps got E.S Posthumus or Clint Mansell in mind. Either has the risk of making her sound like a movie trailer, but maybe "Arise" from the former or "Death is the Road to Awe" from the latter.

Alyx, on the other hand, has long already been decided for - Vivaldi's Le Quattro Stagioni, although which season and movement depends.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Pop quiz, gentlemen. I've been slowly getting the current version of Alyx drawn up, but can't quite decide nail down the design of her body-glove.

I've got these designs of the chest/shoulder plates done up (numbered #1-6 in normal reading order):

They're generally more "form fitting" and gender specific than I normally like to design armour (I'm a strong believer that armour is for protection, not looking feminine), but the narrative has previously established this body-glove as something that can be worn under other clothing without being too overt (even before she had the exact fit modified).

#2 is actually the first try (not sure how they ended up in this order) and probably the most sensible, but I dislike the lines of it.
#1 is an adjustment to fit natural contours better. However, it draws attention in the wrong way, I think.
#3 is trying to compromise between 1 and 2
#4 is generally the same as #3, except changing the shoulder rather than collar plate. It looks like it might have issues articulating the shoulder.
#5 is an adjustment to #3, splitting one of the plates to get rid of the hard angle there.
#6 is #5 with the plate splits moved around a bit.

The last two are probably my favourites, and I might go with #6 or split the difference between them, but maybe you lot prefer one of the others.

I know all sort of have a slightly Eldar look to them, but that's something of a natural consequence of trying to design armour that isn't overly bulky and has low profile plates.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

My first thought was also "Howling Banshee", for what it's worth.

I think #6 looks most feasible.

MarcoSkoll

Yes, well, I heard similar things about Eldar for the design of Frost's armour.

Each was actually based on very different concepts, but what people think Eldar armour is like is pretty damn wide - so getting a gap between Imperial and Eldar design is difficult.

GW's =I= articles