Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Well, that didn't go well.

Alyx has some of a plan for how to get out of this. Or, at least, a plan that might get her out of this, but I'll work with her over the next fortnight to see if she can extend that to the rest of the group. And/or make it a less grim plan, because it's not actually very tasteful.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

I dunno the GM nearly killing 2 of the PCs seems like a good start to the 5th year of play  :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

New log entry! Hooray!

> User: Leveque, Astraea
> Passcode: ********
+++ PASSCODE ACCEPTED +++
> Command: Commence new text log
+++ STARTING ENTRY 7757.ke/2 +++

= Levongard, LD + 10 =

As I long suspected, the Inquisition have always had their hand in this. No-one else could possibly have had the arrogance.

All because of their fickle ways and hidden conflicts, Bloodfist has never been more than the ghost of a dead man, I was centimetres from being disembowelled, Khan is beyond all help except the Emperor and I cannot speak for the fate of Doyle or Pelagius.
Those of us who have survived are now reporting to Inquisitor Zara Cairnholm, who seems to be the ultimate authority for the pretentious Lady von Wellhaven and the treacherous Arnst Wexman.

So our allies cannot trusted. We are injured and exhausted. Our objective is heretech that should be destroyed rather than defended. We are inadequately equipped and prepared for these circumstances.

But yet, I choose to stay, rather than leave my allies. Self-sacrifice in place of self-interest. The Astraea Leveque who fled Iracadia four years ago must already be long gone. Where did I become someone else?

No. This is no time for my introspection. There will be enough of that from Katia. If she cannot bury it under discipline, then it will need to be buried under barked commands. Her compliance or annoyance will be equally effective as a diversion from self-contemplation.

From there, if we survive the Emissary, then we separate from Inquisitor Cairnholm as soon as viable. There is no Bloodfist to kill, and destroying the organisation we are now presented with is an unsustainable change in mission parameters.

+++ ENTRY 7757.ke/2 ENDS +++
> Command: Encrypt
+++ ENCRYPTING ENTRY 7757.ke/2 +++
+++ PROCESSING +++
+++ COMPLETE +++
> Command: Log off
+++ COMMAND ACCEPTED +++
+++ THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: THE EMPEROR'S MERCY IS NEITHER TO FORGIVE NOR TO FORGET BUT TO ACCEPT +++
+++ SYSTEM LOG-OFF +++

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Well, things are going better than expected.

That's still not exactly well, given we've run out of booby traps, Slade has been fumbling grenades (and losing his shotgun), Tychus has had to make a full retreat, Alyx only has one fully charged laspistol cell left, our Stormtrooper allies have been dropping like flies and the enemy have found the rear entrance.

But given Slade and Tychus are comparatively inexperienced and most of the group aren't trained or equipped with any assumption of large scale combat*, the bar wasn't exactly set very high.

* Alyx is an assassin - she's supposed to eliminate specific individual targets, not whole armies!

~~~~~

Anywho, it's occurred to me that Roll20 has an LFG section on its forums (it also has a player directory that can be sorted by game, but I suspect this will include a great many inactive players).
If we plan to keep using the site (and I do have to say a shared map does make the game a lot easier) , we might be able to pick up some recruits that way. (Although our game still being 1st Edition might be an issue).

If that's of interest to all (or most), I can try and do some of that poking around.

And as a final aside, I'm now pretty content with the latest house ruled version of the accurate trait. Significant, but far less absurdly over the top than the official errata and also relatively simple.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

just a heads up that I may be a little late tomorrow.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

Got a rough ETA? I was hoping to catch most of the Ireland vs England match tomorrow. Kick off is at 3.

Van Helser

Probably won't be online today. Mother in law will be round for Mothers' Day lunch.

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Heroka Vendile

not available this sunday chaps due to a regional scout leaders conference
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

I may be a little late this afternoon (not that I'm sure anything will be happening), as I have just been "invited" to assist on a shopping trip.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Sorry, I think I completely failed to warn anyone about my absence on Sunday - some Morris dancers kidnapped me to play music for them for a May day folk weekend*.

*Rather importantly, as it turned out; it was a busy event and a lot of the time the dancers were struggling to make out our melodeonist and drummer over the noise made by other sides (or nearby pubs). Normally I swap between a variety of instruments to mix and match harmonies, but a lot of the time I had to stick with my cornet, simply for the volume.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Is there likely to be anything going on tomorrow? I'm guessing not, but I've been asked if I can assist with something else sometime in the afternoon and I need to know whether I can or can't.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy