Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Nothing planned game-wise. We should try and get online next weekend though and try and hammer out if we are going to run a new adventure. If anyone else is reading and wants to play some Dark Heresy over Skype on a Sunday, say so!

Ruaridh

Koval

Dependent upon when on Sunday you do it, I might be tempted to return. Be advised though that my schedule's a bit out of whack at the moment and I'm going on holiday fairly soon, beginning the first weekend in June, so I won't be settled down again properly 'til a couple of weeks later.

MarcoSkoll

I think the time is probably open to consideration. We'd picked an early afternoon start in order to co-ordinate with Josh, but he has other commitments these days.

(Possibly the day too, I think Euan's schedule may have changed since we made the decision to move to Sunday).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Alright, but assuming things stay as they are, when on Sunday do the sessions run?

MarcoSkoll

We officially start at 2pm, but that has drifted earlier or later depending on people's other commitments.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

My availability is limited for the next three Sundays, I'm sorry to say, so I'm not certain I'll be around for all/any of them.

However, now the IGT is behind us, I should be available for forum/PM/e-mail discussions of a new set of characters if anyone wants?

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

hey, I know I've been a no-show since we wrapped up the Levongard story - and indeed I will be a no-show again this weekend.

So from Dave's comment, is the consensus to start from scratch with new characters then? The older ones were at the capping out point really, so that's fine by me. Will we stick with DH1 or be trying out DH2?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

I think we ought to stick with DH1 as that's what we know and it's worked so far.

MarcoSkoll

We hadn't completely confirmed anything, mostly because we needed to check with you, but yeah, we were discussing starting with some new characters under a more radical Inquisitor. Not completely from scratch, mind - probably about Rank 2 or 3 to actually get them into their groove a bit.

I think my vote would also be for DH1 - it saves relearning the rules or faffing around trying to import things from old sourcebooks, and there was vague talk of being able to have established characters cameo from time to time.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Let me know what you guys decide on viz. rule set and EXP -- I'm still technically unavailable.

Though just as my two pence on the matter, since a normal starting character has 400 EXP at creation, I think if we're going to get the ball rolling but still be lowbies, we'd need about 1000 EXP -- that will give us free run of the Rank 1 and Rank 2 tables and ding us into Rank 3 for the next time we get EXP.

Van Helser

New characters under a Radical Inquisitor was my plan for taking the reins for the next campaign. I think 1000 exp is a fine place to start as it does allow for a bit of customisation prior to kicking things off. DH1 is my choice for rules. Haven't had a look at much of DH2 to be honest.

Character creation and the intro to the campaign can probably be thrashed out over email if the next few Sundays are a no go. A private Facebook page is pretty helpful too, as info can be dumped there to be read by others at their convenience.

What date shall we aim for for the first adventure session? Sunday 5th of July? I definitely can't do the 19th, and the 26th is probably out too.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Sounds fair as far as XP. I'm thinking of going with an Adept this time - which is going to be a harsh gear change from a Rank 8 Assassin when we inevitably get into a scrap, but I guess that's half the point.

Any thoughts on starting equipment? I'm entertaining thoughts of starting with a bionic arm (as hoping for an appropriate injury in play is a long shot, and I'm not seeing the character as a enough of a technophile to do it without an injury), but I don't want to blow too much of my starting XP and/or Throne budgets over the matter.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I too would like to know what starting equipment will be like, and starting Thrones. Would we perhaps be allowed one piece of unusual equipment our Thrones don't cover? Nothing game breaking like a plasma gun but in the case of one of the characters I'm drawing up, he's got a bionic hand* and the closest I can see is a bionic arm (at 1000 Thrones which is understandably way more than the starting budget).

*Which in total fairness the character has had for a long time and has been referenced before here on this Conclave.

Van Helser

I am not too fussed about Thrones and equipment restrictions, especially with things like bionics. If it seems reasonable I'll be happy enough. A brace of bolt pistols, a meltagun and power armour on the other hand...

Ruaridh