Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Hooray then - that deals with a few of my concerns*. I'll throw together some concepts over the next while.

* One issue I have across many/most RPGs is how hard it is to build a character who already has some history. It's part of my love for Inquisitor, which breaks the trend and lets you start in medias res. So it'll be good to have some flexibility with some quirky souvenirs** and the like.

** I can only hope I can think of a charm that's half as effective as Alyx's - it evidently really is the bullet with her name on it, given her spectacular talent for avoiding injury.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

As said before, I don't think I'll be able to attend this session, but I may try and wrangle next Sunday - I suspect that by then, I may just want some  time off from being a volunteer stage hand.

But nonetheless, I've been thrashing out my character. So far I've rolled a hive-world* adept, and am strongly considering blowing half my starting XP on a toughness advance to start with a decent stat there - Adepts don't get to buy Dodge as a skill until about Rank 5, so I suspect I'll appreciate being at least

* As we're sticking with Carthax, I'm thinking perhaps Ismene, as one of the options for an Adept's starting skills is "Resistance(Cold)", which would fit the planet's chilly climate. (Certainly, I gave it to Gala, who hails from Ismene, although she started life as a blizzard walker from further down her hive).

I'm also trying to write a story that'll move Alyx's story into its next chapter, but I won't make any promises about when that'll be with you.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I won't be attending today's session. I just got back from America and I will need the rest of the day to recover.

MarcoSkoll

If others are available, I'm thinking about skiving off from the show get-out to come and discuss things on Sunday, as this character is starting to come together in my head, and I'd like to negotiate some tweaks to my starting skill set to closer fit the history I'm starting to see for this character.

A summary of what's in my mind so far is that the character is a historian who penned and illustrated various tomes that cut a bit too close to the real truth. Great as far as a Radical Inquisitor might be concerned, but it also lead to the attentions of a particularly zealous cult.
This "altercation" with the cult I think would lead into the bionic arm I had in mind, the implantation of which might even be/have been the Inquisition's opening offer.

So I'm thinking about pushing around exactly which lore skills she* has, perhaps throwing in an "Enemy" penalty or two and maybe a generous starting dose of insanity points depending on how traumatic I eventually decide to make the cult's attentions.

* Let's be honest, I was always going to end up playing a woman again.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

I will be available for an hour or two on Sunday. Does 1300 suit?

I am planning on putting together a PC for myself too, which I will hopefully get a chance to play if we continue this campaign beyond this first adventure. He will lurk in the background while I am GMing. I have a couple of ideas, but want to wait and see what you three decide to bring to the table.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

1300 should be fine, but I'll check the exact details of my skiving off first.

Quote from: Van Helser on June 25, 2015, 08:24:26 AMI am planning on putting together a PC for myself too, which I will hopefully get a chance to play if we continue this campaign beyond this first adventure.
Well, even if it was slightly intermittent, we kept our first campaign going for four years, so I'd be surprised if this one didn't last into the second adventure.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'll be there. We can discuss which of my characters is most suitable.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

Got some character discussion with Joe and Dave earlier today. We have a guardsman and an adept ready to be put to work by our mysterious lord. I will probably be bringing a tech priest to the sessions as my PC.

Plan to start the adventure on Sunday 12th of July, with next Sunday available for any last minute planning.

Does the date suit?

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

12th and 19th will be fine, 26 July & 2nd Aug I will be away.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Heroka Vendile

The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Notes:

- Next session on 9th of August.
- Heat up cat.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Tobin's mind cleansing evidently turned him from a bit of a drip as he was in the Twin Arches into a really snarky git. This will be fun!

MarcoSkoll

Well, on that note, we'll probably find that Rosaline's personality will drift around a bit while I nail her character down.

I'm going to have to get things like Alyx's cynical voice out of my head, because Rosaline is supposed to be a more cheerful personality. (Although she's probably a darker person when push comes to shove; while it was buried under a lot of verbal pessimism, Alyx was actually somewhat idealistic, and had the skills to deliver on her conscience).

Oh, and because a full name didn't come up during the session, it's Rosaline Xenati... and no, I'm not yet sure how that's going to be pronounced*.

* But then, it took me a while to decide whether my Cuir sub-sector was pronounced "Kwire", "Kwear", "Sire" or - as it finally was - "Sear".

GW's =I= articles

Koval