Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallulahBelle

I now have an image of a Magos in a flat billed baseball cap stood with a imac 40000 plugged into a set of decks spinning records with a mechadenrite. Thanks for that.

And in my case its more trying to voice a person of the right gender if that makes sense but yeah. If it's not great I'll kill it and use my real voice and try too make sure im understandable. Its a pain as the mic picks up my vocal slurs and sliding between words much more than IRL. Plus I tend to... As im speaking not so much mumble as lose control of my voice and it gets awkward m.

MarcoSkoll

Slightly later than it should have been, a summary of Session 4, including an expanded list of the V-related deaths you were investigating:

~~~~~

Dose attempts to find more about the mercenaries:
- He finds they were "snatchers" (a colloquial name for bounty hunters). The locals appear to mostly positive about the snatchers (although possibly to avoid being seen as siding with the gangers). Dose notes that the locals who are less vague about the gangs seem to be more neutral to both the snatchers and Razors.
- Coincidentally, a local also mistakes his questioning for having been about the "obscured figure" climbing the rooftops near where the cell were ambushed. Investigating the roof himself, Dose finds a spent rifle casing (by stumbling on it!). He can't identify it himself, but Maya later identifies as it as a 7.62x63mm cartridge, most often used in high powered sniper and hunting rifles; the chambering is not in common military use.

Maya primarily seeks more information about the Black Cave:
- A hooded bar patron quietly informs him that the auctions are at midnight at the end of the month (currently 15 days away).
- An older gentleman muses that the Razors having apparently recently murdered an Enforcer investigation team seems unlikely - "They're troublemakers, but that's more trouble than they'd make".
(Dose reasons he may actually have been referring to Sierra cell).
- Local children, seeing Maya searching, ask if she was looking for the brown-haired woman in the "shadow cloak" who left to the north. Maya briefly investigates, but finds the trail is far too cold to follow, particularly knowing so little about V's modus operandi.

The cell also see the corpse removal crews cataloguing the mercs and their gear.

The cell decide to follow the lead of the mercenary crew, and try to see if they had any association with the local Enforcers. They go to a local lock-house, and meet Enforcer Piotr Tesar who (after determining that the bloodied individuals on his doorstep aren't an immediate threat) helps them identify the merc leader as Gavrail Macek. He doesn't however seem overly fazed or surprised by either the reported incident or Gavrail's death.

Given he has something of a new opening in his "workforce", he lets Maya register as a new bounty hunter (being deputised is not strictly necessary to bring in bounties, but provides some benefits).

Armed with their new paperwork, the cell attempt to investigate local morgues for any clues as to anyone else V may have killed recently.
They find a records of a number of individuals killed by high-powered sniper rifles, and eventually filter that down to a list of 13 they are reasonably confident (based on correlations in the wounding and the victim's apparent identities) were probably killed by V.

Of the list, three individuals have been identified as known bounty hunters:
- Dominik Kaloyanchev. Age 52. 178cm/68kg. Solid build. Usually only took a few bounties per year, but was known for his focus on high risk targets, as well as his very high success rate. Records show use of a cameleoline bodyglove and a suppressed precision boltgun (latter not found at scene)
- Alexandr Bukoski. Age 28. 184cm/77kg. Average to athletic build. Found at scene with 7.9mm hunting rifle. Corpse recyced.
- Pavlina Raine. Age approx 37. 158 cm/48kg, wiry build. Off-worlder. Had a reputation for inhumane captures on live bounties, using a needle rifle loaded with an excruciating paralysis toxin derived from the bark of the Pexiran Yillaw tree. Weapon was found at scene.

Bodies 4 through 7 are also believed to be also be mercenaries or bounty hunters:
- Male, mid-30s, 189cm/82kg, fit build. Bionic left forearm. Wore modified Cadian guard armour, had several overcharged lasgun packs (weapon not found with body).
- Female, late-30s, 167cm/61kg, slender build. Two parallel scars, approximately 2cm apart, on right cheek. Carapace breast plate and helmet, six 30-round magazines of 7.2mm expanding ammunition (no associated weapon found), 9mm revolver. Corpse recyced, no picts.
- Female, mid-20s, 181cm/70kg, athletic build. Pexirian mesh-weave armour. Found with a 11mm calibre stub-auto with reflex sight, and two shock batons.
- Male, late-teens to early-20s, 182cm/70kg, wiry build. Quilted flak armour, combat shotgun with variety of standard and special use ammunition. Corpse recyced, no picts.

Corpses 8-11 are known gangers.
- Stefan Karol. Age 44. 190cm/87kg, slightly overweight. No fixed gang affiliation, but a known weapons smuggler. Found with two 10mm autopistols in shoulder holsters.
- An unidentified male, approximately late-20s, 184cm/71 kg, slender build. Shoulder marked with the "rosebarb" tattoo of the Thorn gang. Heavy facial damage, apparently as a combination of original injuries and subsequent decay/vermin.
- An unnamed male, early-20s, height 179cm/78kg, muscular build. Was found with a snakeskin-style jacket, a possible link to the Gorgon gang, and matches descriptions of an individual reported as involved in gang violence. Corpse recyced, pict-captures available.
-  An unidentified female, early-30s, 173 cm/64kg, healthy but not athletic build. Has piercings in the style of the Razor gang.

Individual 12 (male, late-20s/early-30s, 192cm/89kg, muscular build) is also suspected to be a gang member. He was found with a powerful but low quality autopistol (an uncommon civilian side-arm, but also an unsuitable mercenary weapon). Unlike most bounty hunters, he was not wearing armour.

The 13th individual is unknown. Male, aged between 25 and 45, 172 cm/60 kg, faint signs of extensive scarring. His recorded possessions include a custom long-las, bodyglove, high-grade auspex, in excess of 500 Throne Gelt in mixed coinage, and an encrypted data-slate.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

As an apology in advance, I've hit a plot writing hurdle and may have to keep Sunday's session shorter than usual. I'd rather not rush in with a half-baked answer to the problem, as it could write the story into a corner.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

If I remember correctly, Euan's off today as well? Might it not be more beneficial to take the opportunity not to run the session, but instead to get more plot written up for next week?

MarcoSkoll

I didn't particularly want to delay the session while I was available, but if I'm being given leave to, then I'll be around in case anyone should need to discuss anything, but we'll delay the next session a bit.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Delaying is okay with me if it means the next session we do runs to its full potential.  I will be around this afternoon though.

Ruaridh

TallulahBelle

marco are you around to sort out rolling up Tallulah?

MarcoSkoll

As we didn't have a session last week, we didn't plan when our next session would be. My working assumption is this Sunday, but a head count would be appreciated.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Koval

I do not think I will be here -- my housemate surprised me with visitors so I'll probably be busy entertaining them.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

TallulahBelle

Il br around depending on this blasted Microsoft heretek and scrapcode firmware

MarcoSkoll

Right, session 5, from 24th July:

QuoteOpting to further investigate "Thirteen", the cell trace his records to the specific morgue he is stored in.

After a somewhat bungled arrival, Dose manages to bluff himself as a new addition to the autopsy teams, and gain the team as a whole entry.

Investigating the latest arrivals as a precaution, most appear unimportant (knife wound to the gut, 2x short range stubber shots, one lasburns, two blunt force trauma and three seemingly of moderately natural causes) other than one who seems to have been run through the chest with a monomolecular sword:

-  Nadejda Bozen. Female, Age 37, 180cm/72kg, average build. Known mercenary. Carapace breastplate, autogun loaded with armour piercing rounds. Found in the NW quarter of Level 42.

Thirteen's corpse yields no particular revelations; shot in the head from medium range with a high powered 7.62mm sniper rifle.

The team then attempt to recover the dataslate from amongst Thirteen's effects. With Maya and Gaenor noisily making a show of investigating Thirteen's long las (Solemne pattern with replaced trigger group, high power charge pack, range finder sight, lightened barrel and generally high workmanship. One power pack down by about three shots), nobody seems overly concerned about Rose taking the dataslate.

Attempting to decrypt the slate takes some hours, and yields only partial results.

Amongst the first things to decrypt is a short file, created around 12 hours ago (as compared to Thirteen having been deceased for over 48 hrs). Dose elects to read it out loud:

" If you find this at all, I'm doubting that it's your short tempered guardswoman who'll read it first.
As you saw, I found you with no great difficulty. My actions are however far more altruistic than this corpse would have been, had he found out who you were.
I advise that you watch your back rather more than you did earlier. Know that I, at least, will be watching it too, even if it is solely to find out who slides the dagger in."

As other files yield decryptions, they appear however to be secret tongues mixed in with Low Gothic.
Several appear to be addressed to or from "Josef Stuare", potentially Thirteen's name or alias, and suggest he may have had a bolthole in the north-west of Level 39.

Included amongst the files are detailed maps (although not necessarily completely accurate) between levels 20 and 60.

While many of the files are identifiable as assassination orders, ranging over a period of some months, none seem to mention their targets by name - instead identifying them through code-names and pict-captures.

Centaur - a bearded older male, chemical burns to left side of face,
Angel - middle aged female, file implies she was a Flick Metal singer.
Phoenix - Mechanicus adept, undefined gender. Appears to have been an expert on anti-agapics.

All seem to be closed, apart from one; "The Lock", seemingly associated with "The Key".

Through his description and immediate proximity to Thirteen's death, the cell identify "The Key" in the same morgue as Thirteen - a male of middle age, approximately average build, short brown hair and dressed in clothing that manages to be somewhere between civilian and off-duty military.

His personal effects included a lascarbine, a number of keys, approximately 100 thrones in amounts of off-world coinage, and a dataslate that appears to have auto-purged on his death.

This does not yield any direct clues as to where "The Lock" may be, so the cell proceed with identifying the exact location of the Black Cave.
With around 76 hours to the auction, they definitively define its location, in the East of the hive.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

As with last week, the entire month of August is being taken up by guests -- one of last week's visitors is staying here for a few weeks so I may well be out and about with him. Sorry!