Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's 54mm...

Started by Molotov, April 29, 2010, 08:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

Torquemada, thanks for that - you've inspired me to actually try to bend the arm a little more...

EDIT:

It of course led to the arm snapping, but it was perhaps for the best. I really am liking how it's turning out now, with some greenstuffing, it should be much improved.

I've just got to work out what to do with the other arm now...
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

RobSkib

not to pick holes, but I think it needs to be extended a couple of mm from the elbow, his arm looks kinda stubby...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Molotov

Hmm... I'll have to give it some thought. At the moment, I can't see it. I mean, if you compare it to the model with the arm straight, I think it might actually look longer once I've green-stuffed the arm, as it'll have more of a visible elbow.

I will definitely take your feedback on board, though... I'll look at the model and see if the arm looks stubby.
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Shannow

I would say not so much stubby, but that the proportions between the upper and lower arm are out of kilter. I didn't see it when the arm was straight but now I think that the models glove has been made to long and ends at the point where the elbow should be. Just a thought anyway.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Ferran

I think wrist-elbow is supposed to be roughly equal in length to shoulder-elbow, which seems to be the case here, especially if we presume that the upper arm is partially obscured by the shoulder pad. It definately looks better than previously.

MarcoSkoll

Given that some people seem to expect me to have something to say on anatomy...

In human norm, the length of the radius and ulna (lower arm) is usually about 7/8ths the length of the humerus (upper arm). Taking into account the way the elbow actually moves (the proximal* ends of radius and ulna shift over the surface of the distal** end of the humerus), the "hinge" of the elbow is effectively inside the distal end of the humerus, so both the wrist and shoulder joints are near as makes no difference, pretty much equal distances from the elbow.

It's relatively simple to observe this - hold a hand up to the related shoulder, and you should be able to use the other hand to feel both the joint of the wrist and the proximal end of the humerus.

*Nearer to point of attachment to the trunk. **Further from point of attachment to the trunk.
For the arm, proximal basically means nearer the shoulder, distal nearer the hand.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Shannow

i have enjoyed reading your anatomy comments as I peruse the Conclave Marco, enjoyable because for the most part your far more succinct and intelligible than my lecturers! Though I do mainly do neuroanatomy.

I think perhaps the root of why my eyes have a problem with it is perhaps also the size of the hand, which (to me at least) seems the same length again as wrist to elbow or elbow to shoulder. But that is heroic I suppose.

Wish I had massive hands...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Well, I study anatomy from an artistic perspective, and thus try to keep it down to basic proportions.

However, I do sometimes break said rules (sometimes what looks right on paper isn't what's strictly correct), and I don't know zack about half the internal doodads.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Alyster Wick

I think it'll look fine once it's GSed.  Even if "slightly off" I don't think it'll hurt the overall model's look unless you're really studying it hard.

Molotov

Today, my Delphan Gruss arrived. Here's where I'm at with the Interrogator - I removed Gruss's feet because they didn't look armoured to me, and I didn't want my character to have bionic legs. As a result he's received two feet from Inquisitor Covenant.

- precinctomega

Brother_Brimstone

Once again, a very nice combination of parts. What's he going to be armed with?

precinctomega

I vote for "heavy flamer"!

R.

Swarbie

Mmmm, yeah a heavy flamer would suit him.

He looks like he's screaming "PURGE THEM!!!" to me.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

that or a scratch built version of the old Redeemer jumbo-sized eviscerator that was in the chain weapons pack.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Molotov

Just over a year since I replied to this topic, I've made a little (just a little!) bit of progress to this model.

I've pinned the head to the neck, and pinned the pistol arm. It's at a slight angle, and will require some GS in the armpit area. The power maul arm is blu-tacked at the moment, because I can't decide if I actually like it.

The servo-skull is from the daemon huntress; I've attached a 28mm Space Marine auspex to it, to represent its work as a hunter skull.

I'm currently trying to decide whether the model would look better with Barbaretta's shield held in place of the power maul - any thoughts?
- precinctomega