Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Molotov's 54mm...

Started by Molotov, April 29, 2010, 08:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I've been planning a character with that head/body combination for ages and all of a sudden a couple of people are using it...  At least I know it looks good :)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Alyster Wick

The Cherubal head and Covanent torso really do look wonderful together! Unfortunately I still don't know what to do with the last Cherubal body from when I decided I needed that delicious head [/creepy].

Almost makes me want to get out my wallet...

Myriad

Well, it's early days but that combination certainly does work - it has a real 'battlecry' look about it.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Molotov

Just posting these quick before rushing off to work; here's the pictures of the Arbitrator as he stands at the moment. I certainly anticipate fiddling with the model some more - he's not photographed particularly well, but in my hands he has quite a nice mournful and introspective quality that I like. It does seem to depend on the positioning of his head, so I'll be having a play to see if I can work out the best pose. The arms at the moment are a bit of a bugbear, and I'm probably going to be sawing off the power maul hand and spinning it round slightly to make his pose slightly more three-dimensional. As you can see I've added a pistol from Slick Devlan instead of the normal shotgun (which is a lovely, lovely bit of kit that I'd like to add to someone else!

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Brother_Brimstone

Very nice. I really like that combination of head and body. Looks really characterful, can't wait to see it painted

Kaled

I think his pose would look better if you bend his right elbow a couple of degrees.  I always think that arm looks a bit too straight - it's like he's purposely holding his arm out straight, rather than it being relaxed at his side and I think it's more noticeable than usual with him holding a pistol.  Otherwise, I like the head/body combination.

kierkegaard

Quote from: Kaled on May 06, 2010, 09:38:13 PM
I've been planning a character with that head/body combination for ages and all of a sudden a couple of people are using it...  At least I know it looks good :)

Don't you think that it would just wind up looking a lot like this guy?

Molotov - I like the Arbitrator very much. If I were you, I would try to get a bare left hand to match the right (rather than use the gloved hand that comes with the model.) I also agree with Dave about the bent right elbow. Other than that, I think that it looks good

Brother_Brimstone

I know Slick Devlan's face was clearly modelled to resemble Clint Eastwood, but in the big long coat and boots with the badass authoratitive pose... i don't know why but there's something about the model that reminds me of Clint Eastwood. Perhaps i've just been watching too many of his films recently..... It at the very least has a very 'western' feel to it.

Anyway, consider that a rather odd sort of complement - i'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan.

Kaled

Quote from: kierkegaard on May 07, 2010, 05:55:08 PM
Don't you think that it would just wind up looking a lot like this guy?
Not with the plan I have in mind - for one thing, I won't be removing his horns...

Alyster Wick

QuoteI think his pose would look better if you bend his right elbow a couple of degrees.  I always think that arm looks a bit too straight - it's like he's purposely holding his arm out straight, rather than it being relaxed at his side and I think it's more noticeable than usual with him holding a pistol.  Otherwise, I like the head/body combination.

Going to throw my two cents in behind this comment.  Love the head/body combo though. Very Dirty Harry in the 41st century.

Molotov

Thanks for the comments and compliments, everybody - they're certainly appreciated. I've been out of town for a few days, so I've only just been able to reply now.

Kaled, I'll definitely take your advice about the arm on board. I'm now planning to saw into it at the elbow and bend the arm slightly; I think you're right that it'll enhance the pose.

kierkegaard - thanks for the comments. I'd considered cutting out the power maul (it didn't entirely fit with my character concept) but as yet I wasn't sure what to replace it with. My other thought had been GSing an armoured plate onto the back of the pistol hand so they both matched up.

Brimstone - I've never watched that many Clint Eastwood films, but this was one of those occasions where mixing and matching produces fabulous results. I really like how melancholy and mournful he looks - he really seems to fit that film noir archetype, and ideas for the character are really starting to percolate in my head. I did originally want to use Slick's revolver in his right (power maul) hand but I think I prefer the pistol being in his left hand and then I'll have to do something with the right. My options might change as I've got a few things in the post... but we'll see.

Hopefully by my next update we'll have some more progress!
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Discy

NOOOOOOO! Come back Molotov! Stay with 28mm... you were doing so well...

Looking nice so far though ;D
Beep if you love muties!

Molotov

Rest assured, INQ28 is never far from my mind, and progress does slowly continue!

In fact, I'll go update the INQ28 thread just to show you!
- precinctomega

Molotov

A very slight (and much delayed) update, but I managed to finally saw into and bend the Arbitrator's arm:

Although it's not immediately apparent in these pictures, the bend has softened the model somewhat and made it seem more natural - so thanks to those of you that suggested it.

- precinctomega

Torquemada

I did something similar with the arbites model. Just a small sliver out of the inside of the right elbow gives him more natural pose. I think both arms are far too rigid on the model, especially if you give him a pistol. This guy will eventually be finished and rebased. The base was a rush job.

"The Imperium's most dangerous enemies come from within. We can never defeat them all. But if we do not fight them with every ounce of our being, we stand the chance of becoming one of them!" Inquisitor Kirel Heidenreich, Ordo Hereticus, after the cleansing of the Sons of Vandire.