Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Marcus Catullus & Warband

Started by Sideros Peltarion, August 10, 2009, 08:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

For a lot of characters, yes.  But I also have plenty of characters who are not likely to be carrying much in the way of spare ammo.  I also have loads of characters who ought to be carrying more reloads than they are, but there's no where on the model for it to go so they actually only have 1-2 reloads instead.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

Quote from: Sideros Peltarion on August 11, 2009, 02:32:12 PMI added the demagogue and word of chaos ability to Garven as suggested by a couple of peeps, and thanks for pointing out its location Molotov (Good to speak to you too, told you I would be on here ;))

Depending on your tastes, if you don't want the Interrogator to have such "chaotic" abilities and you're just trying to convey his ability to convince others, you could alter the skill somewhat and call it "orator", or you could look at the Tau PDF, specifically the "persuade" skill.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Alyster Wick

QuoteFor a lot of characters, yes.  But I also have plenty of characters who are not likely to be carrying much in the way of spare ammo.  I also have loads of characters who ought to be carrying more reloads than they are, but there's no where on the model for it to go so they actually only have 1-2 reloads instead.

When it comes to inquisitor, WYSIWYG is the best way to play, as Kaled points out.  It forces you to actually realize how complicated it would be to carry three reloads for your you main weapon and three more for your side arm. Sure you can tuck an extra magazine in your belt, but anything beyond that should really be represented.

Sideros Peltarion

Quote from: Molotov on August 11, 2009, 11:07:11 PM
Quote from: Sideros Peltarion on August 11, 2009, 02:32:12 PMI added the demagogue and word of chaos ability to Garven as suggested by a couple of peeps, and thanks for pointing out its location Molotov (Good to speak to you too, told you I would be on here ;))

Depending on your tastes, if you don't want the Interrogator to have such "chaotic" abilities and you're just trying to convey his ability to convince others, you could alter the skill somewhat and call it "orator", or you could look at the Tau PDF, specifically the "persuade" skill.

I've had a read of the Tau files and I think I will stick to the Chaotic powers one, but thanks for pointing it out anyway.  It doesn't bother me that they are described as Chaotic in the background as it could probably be used just as easily by an Imperial person, besides this guy sets up or infiltrates cults so a Chaotic power shouldn't be too unrealistic

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteWhen it comes to inquisitor, WYSIWYG is the best way to play, as Kaled points out.  It forces you to actually realize how complicated it would be to carry three reloads for your you main weapon and three more for your side arm. Sure you can tuck an extra magazine in your belt, but anything beyond that should really be represented.

I agree, but would like to point out that due to the heroic proportions of Inquisitor models the weapons the wield are a bit big for the body. Therefore a pouch that might look too small to hold a magazine isn't necessarily as pouches etc are not at the same scale as held weapons. E.g. Covenant's holster supposedly holds a bolt pistol but look at the size of it. In practice I recon covenant's set of three pouches could each hold a bolt pistol magazine, two lasgun powercells or a grenade. His bigger pouch could hold a two bolter magazines or three autogun magazines.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on August 12, 2009, 11:00:35 AM
Therefore a pouch that might look too small to hold a magazine isn't necessarily as pouches etc are not at the same scale as held weapons. E.g. Covenant's holster supposedly holds a bolt pistol but look at the size of it. In practice I recon covenant's set of three pouches could each hold a bolt pistol magazine, two lasgun powercells or a grenade. His bigger pouch could hold a two bolter magazines or three autogun magazines.
The weapons may be oversized compared to proper 1/32 scale weapons, but I'd say that's just how big they are - hence, if the magazine won't fit in pouch then that pouch doesn't hold a magazine.  For example, my chainsword and bolter wielding Inquisitorial Stormtrooper has just one reload for his bolter (you can see it in his left hip pocket).  The small packs on his shoulder hold grenades and reloads for his sidearm because they're too small to hold bolter reloads.  In this case having a model with nice clean lines won out over the in-character considerations that he really ought to have more reloads.

I guess Covenant's holstered could hold a stripped down bolt pistol with a lot of the bulky casing removed so it can be carried as a sidearm.  However I wouldn't give a model that holster and then claim it holds a bolt pistol - I usually say it's something like a stubber.  The holster from Tyrus is somewhat larger and I'd be prepared to believe that one holds a bolt pistol.

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteThe weapons may be oversized compared to proper 1/32 scale weapons, but I'd say that's just how big they are - hence, if the magazine won't fit in pouch then that pouch doesn't hold a magazine.

I disagree. Take the bounty hunters autogun, the magazine is twice the size of a regular 'stanag' mag. It is even more obvious with pistols. They are to scale with the hands not the body. Your second model of Kaled demonstrtes that they can be even bigger. A waist holster will reach down almost to the knee. I tried to do a sholder holster once and found that none of the Inq scale pistols would fit above the waist.

Some of the pouches are scaled with the weapons, and others with the body. In the end I used a 40k holter for the sholder holster and it looks about right in terms of scale.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

The bounty hunter's autogun takes big magazines so you'd need big pouches to keep them in. Obviously a degree of artistic licence is necessary, and I wouldn't argue that a pouch/holster must be exactly the right size, but it should be close. Claiming a 'big' magazine will fit in a 'small' pouch is not WYSIWYG, thus I'd discourage it. The same goes for a character with a 'big' gun, he'd need a 'big' holster not a small one.

Inquisitor Cade

I suppose we are on the same page, that an item needs an approapriate sized pouch, I think I'm a bit more liberal in allowing for scale descrepancies. As there is only ever one GM we are never going to need to come up with a quantative answer, so let's agree to disagree.
The important conclution for this thread is that Retchmar will need sufficient pouches to justify 6 reloads (thinking about it I shoud only have advocated 5, as the 6 includes the one in the gun). That is a set of Covenant's small pouches (or equivalent) or two sets if you ask Kaled. I'd do whatever looks best on the model, and if ever you have a Gm with the other opinion the worst case scenario is that he will loose half his reloads, or have some effectively empty pouches.
*Insert token witticism*

Sideros Peltarion

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on August 12, 2009, 11:00:56 PM
The important conclution for this thread is that Retchmar will need sufficient pouches to justify 6 reloads (thinking about it I shoud only have advocated 5, as the 6 includes the one in the gun). That is a set of Covenant's small pouches (or equivalent) or two sets if you ask Kaled. I'd do whatever looks best on the model, and if ever you have a Gm with the other opinion the worst case scenario is that he will loose half his reloads, or have some effectively empty pouches.
Well I had already planned on giving him a bergen/rucksack like they have in the picture on Lexicanum, so I'm sure he could find room in there for 6 reloads

Inquisitor Cade

You'd really want reloads in pouches, having to rifle through a burgan to find the reloads would be a pain. Soldiers normally dump their burgens before fighting stars too. I'd strongly suggest some for of webbing pouches.
*Insert token witticism*

Sideros Peltarion

Yeah don't worry I will be giving him some pouches as well.  I intend to make 54 mm versions of the entire warband when I can afford it, but at the moment I am making 28 mm versions, as I have spare models, and just did quite a bit on Rechtmar.  Normal Cadian body and legs with Cadian upper arms, Marauder lower arms, Marauder head and a heavy weapons team backpack. His sword is Marauder too for the position it was in and I will be green stuffing it soon to make it basket hilted.  Will post some pics when I am done.

Inquisitor Cade

If you want him to have  a kilt I'd lengthen the tunic part of the legs quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing the outcome though. If he want's a mars pattern lasgun do you have any, the cadian ones are Kantrael(sp?) pattern. I used to collect catachans so if you like I can post you one.
*Insert token witticism*

Sideros Peltarion

I'm not giving him a kilt.  I am going by the picture and description on lexicanum and in the pic on there they wear trousers so that's what I've given him.
I wasn't actually aware that the Cadian lasguns were Kantrael, I assumed they were Mars, or that the lasguns made by GW were pretty much the same for Cadians and Catachans.  Never mind, I have already stuck the lasgun to him so its a bit late now, I will just say its Mars. There aren't any rules for Kantrael pattern lasguns in the rulebook anyway.  Thanks for the offer though