Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New from Yedharo

Started by precinctomega, April 30, 2010, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yjrgrGEpkws/S3loYMuMQ4I/AAAAAAAAAlM/H-UoKXHMTBQ/s1600-h/Virgo_03.jpg

Tall, at 60mm to the eyes, but would make a great Saint (with the wings), an excellent Carthae Swordswoman (q.v. Arianrhod Esw Sweydyr) (without wings) or any number of possible characters.

R.

EDIT - Hotlinking not working, so here's a URL instead.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on April 30, 2010, 10:50:01 AMTall, at 60mm to the eyes
They may have included the sculpted base in that.

But either way, not catastrophically tall. That's about the same height as Inquisitor Skoll's model, and there weren't any size problems with him at the Spring Conclave.

Certainly a very nice model.

Myself, I've been considering doing a winged model for a while now. It occurs to me that the discovery of a new saint in the Carthax sector could make an interesting theme for a future Conclave meet.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

kierkegaard

precinctomega

Whoops!

But now it's available for sale.

The untextured wings, BTW, are because they aren't supposed to be organic.

R.

kierkegaard

I bought the model from El Greco on the 8th of March, so it has been on sale for quite a while.

I happen to think that she is too tall for Inquisitor. This is my tallest model - he is considerably taller than Eisenhorn - and the Virgo model is more than a head taller than him (ok, she has high heels, but still, she is huge.)

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: kierkegaard on April 30, 2010, 11:20:05 PMI happen to think that she is too tall for Inquisitor.
Is that with or without the rock she's standing on?

Besides, in the end, tall women exist out there. There are a few dozen women in the world who fit into the height bracket of six and a half to seven feet tall anyway. In a big galaxy, there'll be more than a few women of that kind of height.

GW's =I= articles

Adlan

Particularly if it is a plot point or backstory issue. I'm liking Marco's idea of a Saint (or what people think is a Saint.... Scantily dressed).

kierkegaard

Marco - that is without the rock (I always count a figure's height as being from the soles of their feet to the top of their head.)

I am aware that there are tall women (duh.) I just think that it looks out of place to have a models of differing scale on the gaming table. This is my opinion.

Kallidor

If the model is 60mil to the eyes it's about what, 64mil overall? As a 54mil character she would stand 6'3"/6'4" and that's with the heels. Do you have a picture of her next to an ordinary Inquisitor figure?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: kierkegaard on May 01, 2010, 03:11:42 PMI just think that it looks out of place to have a models of differing scale on the gaming table.
I don't particularly. As the players are normally looking down on the models, height differences are far less pronounced than they would appear from a level view.

Personally, I think there's a bit too much fuss too much over model size differences.
I'm 6' 2". I know a girl who's a fraction under 5' tall. I stand over a head and a half taller than her - and neither of us is a particularly improbable height. People differ a lot - unless a height difference is ridiculous, I don't worry.

GW's =I= articles

phil1103

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 01, 2010, 04:44:08 PM
I'm 6' 2". I know a girl who's a fraction under 5' tall.

You've just summed up me and my fiancee (also a 40ker, not Inq though)

Marco has a point, but general a varation in height isnt under fire, having someone that tall, and it not looking silly, is.

Phil.

(Edit: Modified thanks to Po's witty eye.)

precinctomega

"Fiance"?  Or do you mean "fiancee"?  Not that I'm judging, mind you.  I just like to make sure no one's giving the wrong impression by accident.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: phil1103 on May 02, 2010, 04:52:01 AM... having someone that tall, and it not looking silly, is.
Inquisitor Skoll's model is 60mm to the eye (and he's slightly crouched). Does anyone who was at the Spring Conclave feel he looked overly tall?
I'll admit I wasn't planning to make him quite that tall (he gained a couple of mm over what I was expecting) but that's not really the point.

Actually - no. Here's a better question. Did the height of his model actually impact on anyone's enjoyment of the game?

And if anyone does answer yes...

This is a universe which contains psychic powers, daemons, faster-than-light travel, suspiciously humanoid aliens, gods of atheism, chapels on caterpillar tracks, 100 foot tall battle mechs, nuns in power armour and super soldiers who fly halfway across the galaxy in a space church to drop out of orbit in buckets so they can hit people in the head with chainsaws.

... and someone being rather tall exceeds your suspension of disbelief?

GW's =I= articles

kierkegaard

Fair point Marco. Well put.

Kallidor - I don't have a picture, and I seem incapable of taking even remotely decent model shots with my new camera (they all come out looking like a 'snowy' television screen.) Sorry.

Kallidor

Well hurry up and learn how to focus the thing then!!!  ;)
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!