Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New warband WIP

Started by Myriad, May 06, 2010, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

That is the Carmin Hadaukama from Taban Miniatures http://shop.taban-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=274 , hence the need to attach a different head. 

The upper body is resin as well, so the overall model is pretty lightweight, which is good.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Myriad

The seeing of paint isn't going especially fast, but I've made a start.  I'm having trouble deciding on a colour scheme for Torqy, in terms of how dark I want the model.  Martin is coming along nicely though.  My apologies for continuing use of the flash.

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

Nevermore2010

AMAZING work on the paint jobs Cant wait to see the Chainsword painted!
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Adlan

It's the 40k Riff. Nice one! looking good,

Brother_Brimstone

Ah, not been keeping up with 'clave developments recently due to exam revision, completely didn't notice, I've been working on the same base model as your Martin Cameron, and I gave him a chainsword too! Still, mine is going to be holding the chainsword in his sword hand and wielding a flamer in his other; on top of which he isn't going to be bare chested, so I'd say he'll be sufficiently different. It's quite a small base model though, isn't it? I found even though he is straightened up, he's only as tall as the slich devlan model, which is crouched.

Anyway, they seem to be shaping up to be a great warband, look forward to seeing them painted.

EDIT: haha, i'm using the finari model too! It's going to be Magnus, Finari, the Monique De Noir model from the same series and a cyber-paladin model from Sacred Blade. I'm using the Finari to make a Sister Of Battle with flamer, Monique as a Sister with bolt pistol and sword and the cyber paladin as a techno-barbarian. It will be interesting to see how we use the same models differently.

Myriad

And finished.  I even managed to get some shots in natural light this time (in the middle of June there's little excuse).

I wasn't thinking Riff when I made him, but I see your point Adlan.  His gun now has red buttons. 

I look forward to seeing what you make of the models Brimstone.  It sounds as if you're going to be converting them quite a bit more than my own plans, so they should end up pretty different.  He certainly isn't tall, but placed next to the rest of my collection he doesn't look too out of place - the pose adds a few inches.

Myriad

And a start on painting Torquy himself, with apologies for the poor light.

And the sculpting work on Finari, the left arm modified to have an armoured gauntlet (with laspistol).  It occurs to me I could make this a chainfist, although of course this would leave her with no ranged weapons...

Shannow

CHAINFIST! definitely the only option :P left arm looks very nice though, the curves have a very organic look to them. Also really like the paint scheme of Torquy, I struggled to shake the silver from the usual example paint job. I much prefer the one you've chosen. Very crusader-esque.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Necris

She has armour

What does she need a gun for?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Brother_Brimstone

Nice work, the Finari model is not an easy one to modify; i'm still trying to het the remnants of her old head off her... I would say go for the chainfist. if need be you could give her a pistol holster or a ranged weapon slung over or strapped onto somewhere, but it isn't a problem even if you can't. Both of my warbands have 1 character who is a close combat monster with no ranged abilities and from my experience they are always very fun to play. It's quite amusing watching the enemy characters desperately scramble away from the raging fighter, trying to get a chance to use their ranged weapons to their advantage.

I like the paintwork on Torquy so far, very ostentatious - no bad thing for an inquisitor!

Myriad

Once again I fold to the will of the conclave.  The chainfist is rather more badass, though.

And a few of Torqy in better light.  I see him as quite a flamboyant personality, so a bit of ostentation fits.

Shannow

I do not want to f*ck with her, seriously badass and I cannot wait to see her painted. Also love the colour combination on Torqy, very ostentatious and imperial. Very jealous of your skills.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Myriad

That's Torqy finished.  Just two more and the horse to go.  I'm drafting out backgrounds for Martin and Finari.

GhouraAgur

Quote from: Shannow on June 19, 2010, 02:11:46 AM
I do not want to f*ck with her...
*blinks*
Quote...seriously badass and I cannot wait to see her painted...

Neither can I, if only perhaps because I haven't the foggiest what direction you'll go with her.  As for the two other ones, absolutely fantastic.

Torqy has a "Leonidas/Elrond-in-space!" feel, and I like that feeling.  Bravo!

kierkegaard