Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New warband WIP

Started by Myriad, May 06, 2010, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

I guess you know you've been playing too much inquisitor when you look at an armoured gauntlet and decide it really needs a chainblade.  I promise I will paint the bases, it's just the final stage in my creative process (normally about 2 days before the model gets used).  Finished painting and naming Emma today.

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Shannow

Really like this model, great pose and with the addition of the chain fist she just oozes menace and vengeful holy wrath. Have you sorted out her background yet? Even if just the basics I'd love to have a read.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Necris

I love the model

though I just can't help thinking the chain blade should have been rotated 90 degrees so the teeth passed over the top of her hand making it more claw like, or it could need the addition of teeth on the other side

is just something not right about it

still a great model
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Myriad

Thanks for the comments.  The chainblade was a spare part I happened to have, having ordered two chainswords for Martin and only used one.  As Holiad has said, by 40K standards it's a fairly refined looking chainfist.

Jon - I've added her background to Torqy's background thread over in Rules & discussion.

Just to please Kirkegaard, a group shot with painted bases  :)

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

Myriad

Modelling work done on the Beladonna model.  Still have to work out the background though.  Still doesn't look very 40K for that matter, but I found it a hard model to work on, and want to move on to the horses head (the pub, then the model  :)).

And on a lighter, note, anyone remmber techno ghost?  Now in colour.  Another background to work out, mind.

DapperAnarchist

Not very 40k? She's basically an Escher Ganger, and she has A WRIST MOUNTED FLAME THROWER. Also, a stiletto knife on her machine pistol. That is so 40k...

I like the TechnoGhost....

The arm plate with the flamer might need smoothing out and cleaning up...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

Have to agree that Escher ganger was my first thought when I saw her, seems perfectly 40k to me :)

My first thought when I saw techno-ghost was actually Brothers Grimm, but in a good way...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Necris

you might want to look at the blood angles death company sprue I think the hand flamer on there is smaller and would maybe fit better.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Myriad

Well that's me told.  Thanks for the comments - precinctomega has made at least one Escher ganger out of this model, I believe.

I had a smaller flamer.  Didn't seem imposing enough  :).  Technoghost might as well be brothers Grimm as anything else.  Conceptually he's an attempt to get some mileage out of two fairly useless parts.

kierkegaard

Quote from: Myriad on June 26, 2010, 12:18:39 AM

See how much more awesome they look?

I really like this warband that you are working on, and I think the Belladonna model will look great when painted too.

I have seen at least three Belladonnas ( Kaled's, mine, and one that someone else posted on the old Conclave) but I don't think that I have ever seem Robey's.

I don't remember Technoghost. What is it?

Myriad

Quote from: kierkegaard on July 07, 2010, 01:08:31 AM
Quote from: Myriad on June 26, 2010, 12:18:39 AM

See how much more awesome they look?

Quite.  The conclave is always right.

I have seen at least three Belladonnas ( Kaled's, mine, and one that someone else posted on the old Conclave) but I don't think that I have ever seem Robey's.

I don't know that he ever posted it, but I recall there being one in his inquisitor case when he was at York.  Two pretty good uses of the model there, shows how Escher ganger it is.

I don't remember Technoghost. What is it?

Technoghost is the witchhunters silly-hat head on the nightbringers body, which I had spare after building my Hrud.  In game I see it as a malfunctioning servo skull that has begun projecting a holographic image and developed a certain curiosity.  Beyond that I haven't decided.

Shannow

You get daemonic viruses that might inhabit technology, but perhaps you a saintly? virus inhabiting a servo skull, or something like that maybe. Just a thought anyway :)

Rob

Time to die.

Myriad

With apologies for the unfinished base, some pics of the (almost) finished Bel.  I'm not quite as happy with the look of this model though, I suspect partly because it was added to the miniature order because I noticed the model was cheap.  I'm thinking maybe the backpack could go.  At the time I thought the model needed a bit of extra weight and a grenade or two, but seeing the finished article I'm not sure.

Since my procreate arrived in the mail yesterday, hopefully the horse should follow shortly.

Edit : Horsey!  (okay it was the first time with procreate, my sculpting tool isn't very good, the light was bad and I wasn't there!!  At least you can tell it's a horse)

DapperAnarchist

The head is a bit too big. Horses have rather narrow heads - not to be mean, but this ones head looks like an upscaled Shetland pony, not a proper horse.

The clothing and armour though - excellent
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

kierkegaard

Quote from: Myriad on July 14, 2010, 03:17:09 PM
I'm not quite as happy with the look of this model though, I suspect partly because it was added to the miniature order because I noticed the model was cheap.  I'm thinking maybe the backpack could go.  At the time I thought the model needed a bit of extra weight and a grenade or two, but seeing the finished article I'm not sure.

I think that it looks excellent (apart from the huge mould lines on the flamer nozzle and tank.) I really like the colour scheme that you used.

Have another go at the horse if you are not happy with it. If that is your first attempt, I can only imagine that you would improve with practice, so I would if I were you.