Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New warband WIP

Started by Myriad, May 06, 2010, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

Well, like with my hrud it was a somewhat ambitious project given my modelling skills.  I'm not that unhappy with it, but as DapperAnarchist says, it isn't quite the right shape.  I'll probably have another go at sculpting the head at some point, but I'll leave it for now.

It now has baggage to carry, which is it's lot in life these days. (apologies for the flash).

And the rest of the horse has been put to use, rectifying my lack of a mechanicus.  Course, he's evil mechanicus, and doesn't really fit with this warband, save insofar as he was in Torqy's employ for a time (didn't work out.  Evil, see).  Really he's for scenarios.

<edit> now with scorpion tail, which I think helps balance the model a bit, and better lighting (which an evil mechanicus could arrange, naturally).

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Myriad

Apologies for double posting.  Finished painting the horse, and hence the warband.  It looks about half as good as I thought it would, which is still quite cool.

And a couple of group shots.  Much to my surprise they've got a fair unified look about them.

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

RobSkib

Amazing! I really like what you've done with those bases, it makes them look completed articles. I love the horse as well, they all look really good as a group. I would say though, that you really need to practise your photography! You've got a lot better, but it looks like you're still using the flash in some pictures, and that makes the Emperor cry  :'( Try getting a sheet of paper to use as a backdrop, your models are great but you're not doing them the justice they deserve with your photographs.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Myriad

Well, I finally got round to painting this guy. Just some finishing off (and, yes, basing) to do before I can hang up my inquisitor brush until I spot something else shiny.  I'm not quite happy with him though, since I don't think he's 'grim-dark' enough.  Any simply suggestions to up his evil street cred, without rebuilding the model too much.

Shannow

I think he looks fantastic and pretty brutal! Really love the paint scheme too, very nice :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Myriad

Thanks for the compliment.  have a finished pic.

Apologies for the drop in quality of photography.  2 cent modelling tip for the day is that bubonic brown is a better base colour for bone than bleached bone.  I'm off to repaint all my skeletons  ;).