Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Hezerus and entourage

Started by Aidan, August 11, 2009, 09:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan

Lord Inquisitor Hezerus is one of my earliest Inquisitor characters, having been created for IQ28 long before I started collecting in 54mm scale. He's an antagonist, and is always ready to thwart protagonist, being considerably more powerful than most.  He's had a run of bad luck in recent times, suffering a disproportionate number of leg injuries, so I eventually remodeled him to sit on his hovering throne. (the details of which I posted recently, before the cataclysmic events in july)

As an antagonist, the staunchly imperialist Amalthian provides an interesting counterbalance to Magos Diturian's (see previous topic) undisguised villainy - this guy's a conservative old sod who has a pragmatic and well-reasoned approach for doing what he does, which mostly involves maintaining some semblance of order in his corner of the imperium - which is no easy task.

- - - - -

Then his entourage -  starting with Interrogator Horton Essinger, a rabid, ruthless bastard convinced of his own righteousness. Hezerus doesn't think much of him, but he is unquestioning, and makes a good blunt weapon when maintianing the Imperium requires such.

- - - - -

Next, the chief of his bodyguards, one Captain Karel Feldann, recently promoted to permanent status in my collection after his predecessor, Jaykar, turned coat.

- - - - -

Then there's the bounty hunter Davryn Jax, who is bound to Hezerus' service because the latter has enough dirt on him to ruin his career if he did otherwise. He was one of the first characters to accompany Hezerus in the IQ28 days, along with Jaykar. I've never been entirely satisfied with his 54mm version, but I've never really wanted to change it either, except for the bionic arm I gave him after a nast encounter with a certain chainsword-wielding 'Nid hunter. (incidentally, the same weapon and event that gave Essinger his face mask!)

- - - - -

Lady Mirana Galina, a grand-niece of Hezerus, and a non-combatant often seen in his vicinity because, unbeknown to most, she is a representative of the governing house from which Hezerus derives a great deal of his power. She's there to ensure he doesn't work against his allies interests - yes, this is an Inquisitior with a minder.

(I always wanted to use that model, but I couldn't reconcile her eccentric apparel with any combat role. Still, I am a big proponent of non-combatants in inquisitor, so it works out)

- - - - -

Hezerus's spiritual advisor and ecclesiarchy connection, Heirophant Kashiliv - he hasn't actually joined up with Hezerus yet in my groups' current campaign, but he soon will. Kashiliv is a re-modeling and replacement for the unfortunate Preacher Obadaiah, seen below.

- - - - -

To finish up, two who are no longer with Hezerus: Preacher Obadiah, who met a spectacular and fiery end in an epic stuff-up, and Sergeant Mauritus Jaykar, Feldann's predecessor, (and one of my first characters), who will appear in a later topic with his new allies (and his new model).

- - - - -

Looking for a picture of Jaykar, I also came across a photo of my first seven 54mm models, from... a year ago now, actually. Since then, I've completed over 40 54mm models, not including re-workings, but it's interesting for me to see where it began.

Left to Right:

Lady Mirana Galina; Inquisitor Hezerus (back in the days of pedal mobility); Sergeant Mauritus Jaykar; Idres Alinn, follower of Hezerus' rival Kassor; Inquisitor Viden Kassor, my chief protagonist; Commandante Asther Raene, ally of Kassor; and Marshal 'Amers' Adrius Salistur, another ally of Kassor.

That concludes this episode of my modeling history. Next up will be Kassor's group.

Molotov

I'd be very interested in seeing your INQ28 stuff, if you still have it around. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Alyster Wick

Great collection with a lot of personality (I love chair bound characters, don't ask me why).  Karel has to be my fav though, any chance we could get a better look at his back?  Wanted to see how the ammo feeds worked out back there.

Kaled

I really love Obadiah's chain-halberd, that thing is very cool.  And Hezerus is an excellent model - his moustache is great.

40 models in a year - nice work!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Aidan

Thanks for the comments.

Quote from: Molotov on August 11, 2009, 10:57:13 AM
I'd be very interested in seeing your INQ28 stuff, if you still have it around. :)

Well, I'll see what I can scrounge together - but I warn you, alot of it isn't very good. Until getting stuck in to 54mm, I was still very much a 40k-style modeler - assembling troops out of bits without too much creativity.

Quote from: Alyster Wick on August 11, 2009, 04:50:56 PM
Karel has to be my fav though, any chance we could get a better look at his back?  Wanted to see how the ammo feeds worked out back there.

I'll see if I can't get a photo of it. As you have probably noticed, the photo of Karel is worse quality than the rest, it was taken a while back.

40 models in a year - nice work!

Funnily enough, it took a while for me to notice just how rapidly the collection was expanding; right now it's at 42, not including re-workings (but including the models I made for a friend, they're sticking around my place anyway). I'm just going to not work out how much money it's cost me...

Ancelyn

A great collection you've got there, Aidan. "The Chair"  ;) in particular. A stonker of a creation.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Aidan

Sorry to work necromancy on my own thread (let's not keep replying to this one - read the others, dammit! ;) ) But I've finally got off my under-the-weather butt and posted a better picture of Officer Karel Feldann, in belated response to a request. Hope this helps.

essentially, there's just a couple of plugs there feeding into what would have been the sockets for the Thorian's weird feather-things.

-Aidan.