Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Armor Values and Sea Dragon Cloaks

Started by viorlashasui, May 19, 2010, 09:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viorlashasui

Does anyone feel that the armor values given in the Witch Hunter rules are too low? Why or why not?

In a separate but related question, how would one represent the Dark Elf sea dragon cloak in Witch Hunter? In Warhammer, it's a +1 armor bonus, +2 vs. ranged attacks.

KaHellun

Not when you remember that the armour values stack. With Dragon Cloaks they could be represented by something like 3 points armour chest, abdomen, groin, legs weighs only 1 or something like I did with the White Lion Pelt

Cheers
Ka'Hellun

GhouraAgur

Stack?  Ummm, how so?  Could you, pray, provide an example of said stacking?

Not to disagree, really, but I'd hate to be going on with a wrongheaded notion of how the game works, especially if I'm going to be introducing to other people.

On the whole, yes, I think armor values are FAR too low.  They'd seem quite realistic when standing up to chainswords and lasguns, I'm sure.  But against weapons of the time, armors of the time were quite effective.  Hence, the development of "armor piercing" weapons.

Firearms, I mean.

Leather armor may seem primitive and course to our modern minds, but from what I've seen of such armors being "tested" they were truly a sound investment; able to deflect and absorb sword blows without much trouble.  Definitely worth more than a 1.

But of course, I may have a fundamental misunderstanding of the rules.  :-X

N01H3r3

Quote from: GhouraAgur on October 26, 2010, 05:12:55 AM
Stack?  Ummm, how so?  Could you, pray, provide an example of said stacking?
A character wearing a padded undersuit, a layer of chain, and plate armour on top add all the armour values of those armours together.

They're intended to stack.
QuoteLeather armor may seem primitive and course to our modern minds, but from what I've seen of such armors being "tested" they were truly a sound investment; able to deflect and absorb sword blows without much trouble.  Definitely worth more than a 1.
There are lots of facets of the rules that, looking back upon them with a more experienced eye, I'd be inclined to change, though I honestly lack the time to devote to such a reworking.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.