Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Character Sizes.....

Started by psycho, June 29, 2010, 08:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycho

Ok so i need to know what size a Dark Eldar character (probably a Haemie and an Archon) would be when compared to a miniature i have....Tyrus lol....and although my own Sculpting leaves alot to be desired are there any minis out there i can modify to represent these said characters?

thanks in advance

kerby

DapperAnarchist

Well, obviously, there is the Eldar Ranger. Also, various fantasy Elf 54mm models are out there...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

psycho

ok but what if i were to sculpt it...how tall would it be compared to Tyrus...cause i wanna use the Ranger model as a Ranger....and i dont have and eldar minis

kerby

Shannow

I'm not sure how tall the Tyrus model is, but i sculpted a figure that was orginally designed to be a dark eldar and though it ended up being just a very tall Glavian it is still scaled to a dark eldar and is 65mm tall, which is about 6ft 10 I think. That is taller than I originally intended it and I'm not certain what size eldar are but I think between 60 and 65mm would be ok.

Just out of curiosity how tall is tyrus?

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

psycho

He is roughly 68mm from bottom of foot to top of the I on his back so hes 59mm from foot to top of head.....hmmmm 65mm sounds good....might add a lil bit on top though lol

thanks mate

kerby

Shannow

No worries, will be nice to see how you get along with it, I will have another stab at a dark eldar when I get round to it, I think they have so much potential. Also with regards adding a bit on, my figure actually stands 67mm tall due to a hat and being stood on the balls of his feet so you'd definitely get away with that :P

Look forward to seeing progression when you start :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

psycho

All im going to say is my sculpting currently leaves ALOT to be desired.....so im gonna have to get some more GS lol....hopefully get some from Heresy as its so cheap.....as for the armour on a DE, you think wych would be taller or shorter than a Male Haemie??? lol dont know much bout DE as im sure you can all tell

kerby

Shannow

I would heartily recommend having a go at sculpting anyway as its very fun and rewarding, you can find my WIP's in the painting/modelling section if you want to see how I went about my first 3 sculpts which I've only just recently done. Even in the short space of time between them I have felt much more competent and adventurous (though not always successfully :P)

Regarding height I would say whatever you've visualised, I took most of my ideas when I was originally doing a dark eldar from their codex if you have on handy, but don't feel you have to make one taller or shorter. Personally I'd have the haemie as a tall creepy dude and the Wych as quite action posed but seriously let your imagination go nuts mate :)

Rob

Time to die.

precinctomega

When I sculpted the Harlequin Solitaire, she came in at 65mm.

R.

Kaled

The eldar ranger is about 59mm tall - about the same as the fantasy elf models I've converted to represent Eldar...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

BY my calculations 59mm is only 6ft3 which I would personally say is a little short for eldar (just so you know my calculation was that 54mm represents 5ft9 characters so I divided 69/54 and multiplied by 59 to get approx 75 inches tall).

The reason I'd say they should be taller is that I live with 3 people around that height and know many more, it just doesn't seem exceptional enough, which in descriptions all eldar seem to be very much taller than humans.

Also @ PO, that solitaire was amazing and more than anything else my reason for attempting sculpting :)

Rob

Time to die.